Celtic Fred

skygod

35 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

A year ago today we went bottom after a disorganised and scrappy home draw with Dundee. How times have changed we are organised and fight now.

I think the Jamie Mac 'controversy' can be put to bed now. He's a great shot stopper and though he's not one to dominate his box teams aren't getting loads of unopposed crosses in to unmarked players anymore. We are playing in such a way that he can play to his strengths just like so many others!

Brilliant!

Is it just me, or does he look much more confident taking crosses now? Mind you, Griffiths’ in swinging corners were a bit of a worry...

Normally go with my daughter who is a season-ticket holder but she is in Majorca so my son-in-law (Sellik fan) went with me. Feared the worst after the first goal, but we were still playing well and deserved at least a draw. Late winner was a brilliant bonus, but one we merited over the ninety minutes. Stevie Clarke, the gift that keeps on giving. I can't remember two seasons in a row when we have had so many victories over the Old Filth.  

Thought we were magnificent today. 

The way you start a match has a huge bearing on how it turns out in my opinion. If you concede too much of the ball in the opening phase it gives the other team a real foothold in the game and it can be hard to shift into a more attacking gear. It gives the opposition all of the urgency. I thought we started brilliantly - came out to attack, passed the ball around beautifully, created chances, pressed them hard. We were never going to maintain that but I think it had a bearing on the result. It told Celtic we weren't here to sit back, look for a draw, or roll over. 

That Boyata wasn't sent off by the same ref who (wrongly) sent off Devlin - and had that decision upheld - when the chance was closer to goal shows the inconsistency of refereeing in Scotland. It's like decisions are picked from a tombola. Boyata then proceeds to shove Broadfoot (the master of windup) later and escapes a second yellow. Thought Thomson had a poor game and allowed the likes of Christie and Johnston to foul Jones out of the game. Would have been easy to stop with a caution. 

Mulumbu gets upset that Tshibola is bossing him so starts moaning at the ref then lashes out at Tish. I want to see it again but surely a straight red? Glorious to see Mulumbu getting a hard time of it. Liked him at Killie but f**k him, he's one of them now. 

I think the incident where Tshibola nailed that snake changed the game for us. It gave us all the momentum and got the Killie fans onside, made it an us vs them thing. 

As usual against Celtic we had our tactics spot on, and always good to know you can rely on Jamie for a safe pair of hands when called upon. They got their goal from two bizarre failed clearances and had other chances in the match to score that we had Macdonald to thank for keeping out. 

Back four were great, special mention to Broadfoot for his windup antics (including gestures to the Chadwick at the end) and O'Donnell for being the best full back on the park today. 

Early doors I thought Power might go on to be my man of the match. Tshibola put in a good claim for it in the second half. All credit to Clarke for his midfield selection, probably a few surprised he didn't add an extra man in midfield but the two he played through the centre put in a power of work. 

Jones looked up for it and would have been back to his usual self if allowed to play. Dragged defenders around and won fouls. Burke on the other side just continued the form he's found this season. He's a fantastic player with intelligence, skills, the heart of a lion and bags of energy. Already liked him but growing to love him. My MOTM. 

Brophy and Stewart were exactly the right choices up front. Terrific at hold up play, bringing others in to the game, and the two hardest working forwards we have.

All credit to Clarke, he knew exactly what he was doing to beat what's looking a very pedestrian Celtic side. Let's hope ourselves and a couple other teams can maintain this and help someone to finally break the dominance of the Old Filth. 

Had somewhere to be today, so only saw the first 15 minutes...as said above, we started really strongly and set the tone...surely a stick on second yellow for Boyata for the assault on Broadfoot?
Looking forward to watching the rest of the game now with a few adult beverages
Mon the Killieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :hurrah:

5 hours ago, All the Wine said:

There's two guys on him minimum when he's got it, plus he gets fouled a fair portion of the time. He's still our best asset going forward because he draws these players towards him creating space for others.

Wish folk would get off his back

Wish folk like u would stop whining when someone has a different opinion. Ur username is appropriate.

Still stand by my point. 

1 hour ago, The Deserter said:

Back to back home wins against Celtic for the 1st time since 1963/4 and 1964/65. 

Cheers, saved me pulling out Everygame :)

1 hour ago, The Deserter said:

The last time we came from behind to beat them I think was the legendary Andy Kerr's debut in December 1959. He notched a double in a 2-1 triumph.

We've now done it to Celtic and Rangers in the past year!

Edited by Fankle

Today was the first game I've made it to since the cup final in 2012.

I've been home from London a few times since then but situations and the football on offer meant I haven't made getting to the game a priority. It could have been the same today, 50+ mile drive from my parents early kick off and game on the TV but I needed to see the Steve Clarke and Alex Dyer revolution in the flesh.

5 of us who wouldn't have been there otherwise, got there early to see the Trust In Killie board, sat in the hotel for a couple of hours beforehand, found some seats together without reserved stickers on, suffered a non Brownings pie and saw a great team performance with nothing to complain about regarding the pitches. 

Thought we were really good first 30 mins, especially Jones. We did well to weather the pressure after gifting them a goal and absolutely delighted with the winner with the last touch of the ball.

Great to be back!