Celtic Fred

skygod

3 generations of us there today and we loved every minute of it. We were amazing from start to finish and deserved our victory. Kept saying to my son “never forget this feeling” because as Killie fans we don’t get many of these moments. For those Celtic fans complaining that their team was poor, the referee was poor, the pitch was poor, I’ve only one thing to say....dry your eyes. WE ARE KILLIE.

4 hours ago, CraigM said:

Today was the first game I've made it to since the cup final in 2012.

I've been home from London a few times since then but situations and the football on offer meant I haven't made getting to the game a priority. It could have been the same today, 50+ mile drive from my parents early kick off and game on the TV but I needed to see the Steve Clarke and Alex Dyer revolution in the flesh.

5 of us who wouldn't have been there otherwise, got there early to see the Trust In Killie board, sat in the hotel for a couple of hours beforehand, found some seats together without reserved stickers on, suffered a non Brownings pie and saw a great team performance with nothing to complain about regarding the pitches. 

Thought we were really good first 30 mins, especially Jones. We did well to weather the pressure after gifting them a goal and absolutely delighted with the winner with the last touch of the ball.

Great to be back!

I had a similar experience last December when back for the Rangers home win. It was like the 1990s again. 

4 hours ago, maxyboy said:

Here's a strange insider, was at a 90th birthday party (yes i know) tonight and Alan McInally was there and after giving it to him tight for the result today and just generally talking about football he said that there were some changes definitely happening at Celtic. 

It's hard to see how much further Brendan can take them. He should cash his chips whilst his standing is high and take another high profile Premiership job. 

Just caught up with this thread this morning as too busy celebrating yesterday. Have to say 12 months into our ‘Second Golden Age’ as it will be known in the future, there isn’t half some doom-mongers and moaners still frequenting the game threads. By half time we had the best of the first 20 mins, limited Septic to one chance and gifted them a freak goal through two bad defensive touches. Going forward we looked menacing and creative, and let them play in front of us when needed but I never felt we were getting bossed. 

Said to my oldest at half time, 1-0 ok as we’re a second half side and they didn’t look that great. Game was exciting enough without keepers being tested much. 

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Step forward Chrissy Burke, another run himself into the ground performance full of quality and intelligence. Tish stepped up a level and showed why he’s been rated so highly by others in the past. And if there’s a better full back in Scotland than SOD, he’s not been seen by me yet!

Front two were brilliant at harrying when needed, linking play and running in behind. Stewart also quality in abundance on the ball. 

I now can see no reason if we are lucky with injuries and get a rub of the green now and again why we won’t be top 5, pushing for 4th come May. 

Oh, and backing us at 7/1 didn’t hurt 9_9

25 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Just caught up with this thread this morning as too busy celebrating yesterday. Have to say 12 months into our ‘Second Golden Age’ as it will be known in the future, there isn’t half some doom-mongers and moaners still frequenting the game threads. By half time we had the best of the first 20 mins, limited Septic to one chance and gifted them a freak goal through two bad defensive touches. Going forward we looked menacing and creative, and let them play in front of us when needed but I never felt we were getting bossed. 

Said to my oldest at half time, 1-0 ok as we’re a second half side and they didn’t look that great. Game was exciting enough without keepers being tested much. 

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Step forward Chrissy Burke, another run himself into the ground performance full of quality and intelligence. Tish stepped up a level and showed why he’s been rated so highly by others in the past. And if there’s a better full back in Scotland than SOD, he’s not been seen by me yet!

Front two were brilliant at harrying when needed, linking play and running in behind. Stewart also quality in abundance on the ball. 

I now can see no reason if we are lucky with injuries and get a rub of the green now and again why we won’t be top 5, pushing for 4th come May. 

Oh, and backing us at 7/1 didn’t hurt 9_9

I would agree that some of the comments around half time seemed strangely negative. We certainly didn't deserve to be behind and were by no means out of the game - we rarely are these days even when we lose. It was fairly even over the 90 minutes. I would love to know when Celtic last lost a domestic game after taking the lead. 

42 minutes ago, casual observer said:

............ limited Septic to one chance and gifted them a freak goal through two bad defensive touches.

I agree the half time score line flattered Ceptic but I was definitely at a different game. There was a spell just after they got the goal where we were struggling to stay in the game. However we did survive and it gave us the chance we took in the 2nd. 

Great performance yesterday. In seasons gone by losing a goal like that would have seen us ship 2 or 3 more easily. We did hang on after the goal but the organisation and will to fight the players showed allowed them to turn the game around.

i think it's telling that there was a desire to get the ball in at the end rather than spoil for time (which was probably the sensible thing to do.) it showed a belief in what we were doing and a totally different attitude to the past.

I’m reading the Record now and Gordon Parks player ratings are a joke.

MacDonald 7, SOD 7, Kirk 5, Findlay 6, Taylor 5, Burke 7, Tish 7, Power 7, Stewart 6, Brophy 7, JJ 7.

Gordon 6, Lustig 6, Boyata 6, Hendry 5, Tierney 6, Brown 7, Christie 8, Mulumbu 6, Johnston 5, Griffiths 7, Sinclair 5. 

There is no way that Ryan Christie was the best player on the park. Brown was nowhere near matching Power and Tish. Griffiths barely got a sniff but still rated better than our CBs. Burke scored a cracker and added an assist on top of an outstanding shift but isn’t rated better than anyone else. Taylor marked down for a sliced clearance but no acknowledgment of a defensive display where he nullified Celtics hottest young prospect and the Sweden RB. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Also, first time since 1963 that we have gone 4 games against them without losing. Was on the Sky commentary before you think I need to get out more!

......and I read that the win was the first time since September 1936 since Killie came from behind to beat Celtic, a 4-2 win at Parkhead ☺️

1 hour ago, piffer said:

MacDonald 7, SOD 7, Kirk 5, Findlay 6, Taylor 5, Burke 7, Tish 7, Power 7, Stewart 6, Brophy 7, JJ 7.

Gordon 6, Lustig 6, Boyata 6, Hendry 5, Tierney 6, Brown 7, Christie 8, Mulumbu 6, Johnston 5, Griffiths 7, Sinclair 5. 

There is no way that Ryan Christie was the best player on the park. Brown was nowhere near matching Power and Tish. Griffiths barely got a sniff but still rated better than our CBs. Burke scored a cracker and added an assist on top of an outstanding shift but isn’t rated better than anyone else. Taylor marked down for a sliced clearance but no acknowledgment of a defensive display where he nullified Celtics hottest young prospect and the Sweden RB. 

You would have been hard pushed to tell Christie was on the pitch yesterday except for his effort on goal in the 2nd half.

13 hours ago, fraz65 said:

It's hard to see how much further Brendan can take them. He should cash his chips whilst his standing is high and take another high profile Premiership job. 

Agreed mate worries me a little if he goes will they come sniffing for SSC and would he be tempted- id love to think they'd have "bigger names" on the shortlist but who knows 

4 hours ago, piffer said:

Parks is one of Scotland's poorest sports journalists (with apologies to all genuine journalists world-wide). Many of his articles are complete dross, and lack any credibility.
Sadly, the Scottish sports press is populated by second rate (at best) hacks like Parks, Jackson et al, who are nothing more than sycophants for the ugly sisters' tribes.

20 hours ago, The Deserter said:

The last time we came from behind to beat them I think was the legendary Andy Kerr's debut in December 1959. He notched a double in a 2-1 triumph.

You've been corrected...

4 hours ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

......and I read that the win was the first time since September 1936 since Killie came from behind to beat Celtic, a 4-2 win at Parkhead ☺️

It seems we took the lead in the Andy Kerr game...

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/m/page/1959-12-26%3A+Kilmarnock+2-1+Celtic%2C+League+Division+1

Makes yesterday even more remarkable -  82 years!...

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/m/page/1936-09-05%3A+Celtic+2-4+Kilmarnock%2C+League+Division+1

(Thank you thecelticwiki!)

Edited by Fankle