New Investment

Charlies PaPa

Great news that Phyllis McLeish is to invest a substantial amount, and that the club statement says that they will be restructuring the Commercial and administration side of the business to ensure they can provide additional funds to support SC and improve the communications with the fans both existing and potential by improving existing contacts in the community.  Another sign of a club ensuring they can build on the SC effect.

31 minutes ago, Charlies PaPa said:

Great news that Phyllis McLeish is to invest a substantial amount, and that the club statement says that they will be restructuring the Commercial and administration side of the business to ensure they can provide additional funds to support SC and improve the communications with the fans both existing and potential by improving existing contacts in the community.  Another sign of a club ensuring they can build on the SC effect.

Where is the club statement?

Good news. 

Seems bizarre we don’t actually have some of the things mentioned already but good to see us making moves

Out of interest what is the most we know of someone investing in the club? Coupled with her summer investment and the money QTS have put in Phyllis McLeish must be pretty high up the list

Edited by piffer

9 minutes ago, piffer said:

Good news. 

Seems bizarre we don’t actually have some of the things mentioned already but good to see us making moves

In fairness they have probably concentrated on the playing side first as having all this in place for Championship football may not have been cost effective. As you say its great to see what is now happening, who would have believed this 18 months ago?

17 minutes ago, piffer said:

Good news. 

Out of interest what is the most we know of someone investing in the club? Coupled with her summer investment and the money QTS have put in Phyllis McLeish must be pretty high up the list

I think this is her summer investment, I could be mistaken though.

She left QTS formally at the end of last week.

4 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Why? Everyone is bursting a gut for us. We need everyone we can get to play their part. Or do we just sit back like spoilt kids and wait for rich people to be kind enough to give us their money. I can be bothered with all this elation while a paltry 200 people are willing to put a couple of quid a week away to help out. The truth hurts and I won't stop reminding people just because some don't like it.

Ever thought that your constant moaning puts more than a few off?

7 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Why? Everyone is bursting a gut for us. We need everyone we can get to play their part. Or do we just sit back like spoilt kids and wait for rich people to be kind enough to give us their money. I can be bothered with all this elation while a paltry 200 people are willing to put a couple of quid a week away to help out. The truth hurts and I won't stop reminding people just because some don't like it.

Surely you must be bored by now?

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Well, continually posting on any good news story on here with the same snide remarks won't do any good.

You're retired, why don't you volunteer to go round pubs in the country drumming up support on your days off? Or help the guys in TIK with their marketing, handing out leaflets etc? Anything but posting the same s**te time and time again. Do something positive. Engage with fans, find out why they aren't in TIK. You are preaching to the converted in many ways on here. You won't find a bigger % of TIK contributors than on this website.  

And, for the record, I can remember when Fifty for the Future was on the go, back when some folk still thought MJ was the saviour (not pointing any fingers) and he wanted to get rid of the full youth set up. Can't seem to remember you deriding the fact only  a couple of hundred of us bothered to chip into that back then? Back when we really were in the s**t and the club was 1) about to lose it's entire youth system until the fans stepped in and 2) in grave danger of going out the game completely.

I've still got the FFTF flyers somewhere I'm sure, be interesting to see if your name was on the list of contributors. Surely to god you were?

I've mates who contribute to TIK, I've family who do it too. I've also friends and family who don't. That's their choice. For some a couple of hundred quid on top of season tickets money etc each year is just too much. For others they'd rather spend the money supporting the team away from home or in other ways. Some of us do all of the above. It's all about choices but trying to guilt trip folk isn't the way to go about engaging others. Just makes it look like fans suggesting others aren't as good a supporters as them.

Everyone's circumstances differ.

Yes, but do Killie fans circumstances differ by a multiple of five or six from St Mirren or Motherwell? Never thought MJ was the saviour- so that's made up. Thanks for your retirement counselling. Another one delving into the personal who has no idea what work or interests I have (which are many). Don't think I did FFTF, but I gave over £400 or more to help finance the stadium you sit in. A lot of cash, back in the day ;) 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Could be wrong but I don't think the tenner a month has started yet.

It actually has...but only because we had to get the mechanism in place before we officially launched it and wanted to bring Phase One to an end with the appointment of our Club Director and the news that the front funder had been paid back in full. It's a soft launch if you will...we are waiting on a few things happening and then we'll go large on it...really hoping that our fans now see that everything we said would happen happened and that TIK is a great thing for the club and is here for the long term.

I'm really glad the Club decided to highlight the Trust and our TIK initiative in the statement released today as well as Phyllis' investment. It is very important to get everyone acknowledging that the Club see the merit in this and that they are behind it. The recent additions to the board have apparently really invigorated things and got them going again and we don't need to tell you where the idea to get the new ticketing system in place came from....just look at the thread on here about being appointed Chairman for a day.

There's nothing to bicker about here lads, we all want the same things.

46 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Yes, but do Killie fans circumstances differ by a multiple of five or six from St Mirren or Motherwell? Never thought MJ was the saviour- so that's made up. Thanks for your retirement counselling. Another one delving into the personal who has no idea what work or interests I have (which are many). Don't think I did FFTF, but I gave over £400 or more to help finance the stadium you sit in. A lot of cash, back in the day ;) 

It's been said a gazillion times. St Mirren & Motherwell were & still are in a completely different situation.Fair do's to the TIK subscibers but what we really need to do is concentrate on getting more fans in the stadium.