Jordan Jones

Bobby14

Not showing enough over the 90 minutes. Flashes here and there isn't cutting it. Bright showed me enough within the time he was on yesterday to warrant a start next week. Jones has admitted his head hasn’t been right since the whole Rangers saga so give him a week on the bench to find the motivation to work harder and win himself a bigger move. 

Thought he was good today. I’m happy to be proved wrong about dropping him. When he got the ball he was effective. Lucky with the goal but you’ve got to buy a ticket. Don’t think it’s a pen. Need to see proper footage rather than a twitter clip to see if he actually dived, tripped or whatever. 

The BBC witch hunt after the game was shocking. Richard Gordon at the fore front. He’s not the first player to go down easily and he won’t be the last. The standard has been set and all players should now be treated the same as they did JJ today.

Glad to hear he played well. Made the first goal too. He seems to get a little bit unsettled by the speculation around transfer windows and then gets going again once they close. He did dive though. I wouldn't argue the two game ban either. Would be fuming if that decision had went against us. 

2 hours ago, heynow2005 said:

Or Mark O Hara just in there playing himself 

O’hara was so good he could beat the Brazil 1970  team on his own with his eyes closed and one leg tied to a curling stone. He was literally THAT good. (According to the conventional wisdom on this forum at least). 

7 minutes ago, skygod said:

Why would he get a two-match suspension when simulation is only a cautionable offence?

compliance officer can sanction him for bringing game in to disrepute. Think even SSC wasn't happy with JJ and said he will be having words with him in his after match interview should it be confirmed he dived

9 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

compliance officer can sanction him for bringing game in to disrepute. Think even SSC wasn't happy with JJ and said he will be having words with him in his after match interview should it be confirmed he dived

I thought SSC handled the whole thing well. It had the potential post match to turn into a soap opera but he answered everything and defused the situation really well. I’ve no doubt JJ and Tshibola May be in for a discussion this week but I bet we don’t hear anything about it. SSC will handle it properly

He is just the same as the majority of players in today's gama all teams are guilty of having dubious decisions go for them and though I am not defending him why do we not accept these calls when it is our time I'm sure we will suffer many bad ones in the weeks to come !

28 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

compliance officer can sanction him for bringing game in to disrepute.

Okay, I'm sure there are precedents.

However, it seems grossly unfair that a player can be simply cautioned during the match for simulation but, because the referee is fooled, there is a whole trial by TV and public opinion possibly resulting in a two-match ban.