Jordan Jones

Bobby14

7 minutes ago, harley said:

I remember Ian Durrant telling the ref not to award a penalty when he was brought down outside the box at Motherwell. Ref awarded a penalty but changed his mind when Durrant had a word.

Aye. Now that I've found it, that's the one I remember. Nevin was already at Motherwell by then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6bAPEVgxKU

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

Can the SFA punish the club if they were to review incidents themselves and publish the findings on a Monday?

I think you should do that?

Just wondering exactly how they do the review. Do all 3 refs watch each game at the same time? Is it the same refs who watch all of the games? Pretty time consuming if you ask me- 6 games at around 100 minutes each with lots and lots of rewinds and reviews.

Dundee fans claiming that if they get relegated at the end of the season and the losing margin is only a point or so then the Jones incident could cost them 7 figures as opposed to 3 points. I'd suggest NM's incompetency is the likely reason they'll potentially be relegated rather than a "did he, didn't he" bun fight. [For the record I don't think he did].

They also seem buoyed by the fact Jones is going to miss the St Mirren and Hamilton games and that if Jones' absence means that St Mirren and Hamilton have a better chance of taking points off us, the 'dive' could potentially have a wider reaching impact on them. Talk about delusions of grandeur.

I for one hope we absolutely annihilate them when they come to RP.

Edited by Ravanelli808

33 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Will say it again Jordan Jones Did Not Dive,please believe our own player and not media clowns on Bbc sport sound.

Totally agree with you. When Jones said he didn't dive and Kilmarnock F C believe and accept he didn't - which is confirmed by KFC saying he is available for The Rangers game - why do people not accept that?

39 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Will say it again Jordan Jones Did Not Dive,please believe our own player and not media clowns on Bbc sport sound.

Take away the blue and white blinkers, if that had been any player playing against us we would be saying it was a dive. It might not have been a dive but it sure as hell looked like a dive.

Have just been browsing the SFA Protocol linked to someone’s post on the incompetent refs thread. Clause 13.4.3 covers fast track proceedings related to simulation. Interestingly, if simulation leads to a penalty, it can be subject to proceedings. However, if it leads to a free kick, the free kick must lead to a goal if it is going to be subject to proceedings. There is no similar proviso for penalties - so an award of a penalty is sufficient to trigger proceedings.

So.... there is no reason why the Motherwell player (Sinclair?) should not have faced proceedings for his dive.

2 hours ago, Lorielus said:

Is my memory playing tricks on me, or did Pat Nevin tell the referee it wasn't a foul on him once when he was playing for us?

Nevin did it against St Johnstone in Perth. Tripped as he cut through the penalty area and immediately jumped up waving his hands at the ref saying “no foul”. Saints fan I was with couldn’t believe it!

2 hours ago, skygod said:

I suppose our views would be qualified by the eventual outcome of the match but, at the time, would you have applauded his honesty or vilified him for his lack of professionalism? 

Surely you can do both. We won the game and if he did collapse without contact then fair enough. I’d expect my defenders to put in a “denying a goal scoring opportunity” type challenge outside the area to stop a likely goal if it gained us an advantage. That’s professional football and players try to gain an unfair advantage in whatever way they can. From claiming for a throw in you know isn’t yours to diving. Britain’s the only place that makes an issue out of diving. 

A rare mistake of late by the club. Surely the burden of proof is on the people making allegations that, without reasonable doubt, he did dive. He did not claim for a penalty and if he insists he did not dive ( as continuous to be stated) the club should have backed him 100 percent. That’s what any player should expect. An og by the club.

37 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Surely you can do both. We won the game and if he did collapse without contact then fair enough. I’d expect my defenders to put in a “denying a goal scoring opportunity” type challenge outside the area to stop a likely goal if it gained us an advantage. That’s professional football and players try to gain an unfair advantage in whatever way they can. From claiming for a throw in you know isn’t yours to diving. Britain’s the only place that makes an issue out of diving. 

To be clear, I didn't mean lack of professionalism by diving but by admitting that it wasn't a foul and denying us a potentially match-winning penalty kick. 

Ref points to penalty spot, Jones jumps up and tells him it should be a goal-kick.

Killie support applauds his honesty, or tells him he's a stupid w****r?

Or some of each?  

Clarke's comments will be very interesting. That reads to me like a carefully worded statement - we will support him enough as reflect his views, but we saw the same clip as you. 

Clarke will look daft after all his comments on refs if he doesn't approach this sensibly. Would like him to say that he respects what Jones has said and put the focus on consistency in the future. Try and draw a line under it. 

29 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

A rare mistake of late by the club. Surely the burden of proof is on the people making allegations that, without reasonable doubt, he did dive. He did not claim for a penalty and if he insists he did not dive ( as continuous to be stated) the club should have backed him 100 percent. That’s what any player should expect. An og by the club.

I disagree - the statement reads to me that they think it's a done deal and nothing will change their mind, so there is no point defending the charge. If the compliance officer has issued a notice of complaint based on the match footage, and that's all we have, then he will be found guilty regardless. 

We won the game, Enobakhare gets a shot and hopefully he can give the manager a dilemma in two games time. Let's move on. 

34 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

From reading the full statement it looks like the club believe him but they have no course to appeal unless they can bring some new evidence to that. Not sure they can do much else at that time. Given his current form with the Football authorities I’d imagine SSC May also share some thoughts in his usual Thursday press conference.

Edited by James K Polk

50 minutes ago, James K Polk said:

From reading the full statement it looks like the club believe him but they have no course to appeal unless they can bring some new evidence to that. Not sure they can do much else at that time. Given his current form with the Football authorities I’d imagine SSC May also share some thoughts in his usual Thursday press conference.

I'm not sure there will be a press conference as there is no match, and that may be a good thing.

SC and the directors will possibly think that there are battles worth fighting and others, like this, which aren't. 

I don't think you can conclude that the club believes Jones, but they are supporting him which is what you would expect.

1 hour ago, Bbk said:

As an older killie fan I can't help but wonder where all these experts on diving were during Stillian Petrovs time in Scotland !

Even older guys like me spent years watcing Davie Wilson, John McDonald, Paul Wilson, Andy Walker or Joe Miller diving repeatedly and never being hounded by the media.