Jordan Jones

Bobby14

JJ and to a lesser degree Burke are the natural wingers in squad , Burke this season in many games has been used to cover right side of midfield leaving SoD to provide width. 

Fairly obvious that both Bright and Ndjoli are not naturally "wide men" as such .....though can be played there ...in second half yesterday Bright either by design or just following his own instincts was very loathe to even move wide to create space ....and often played in same area of the pitch as Stewart...... Games like yesterday we needed to stretch the opposition and JJ can provide that option 

4 hours ago, Crocket said:

So how does this work.....JJ "dives" and wins a pen and we go on to win game. Then handed a 2 match ban because the ref never saw it. Sadiq dives to win penalty, ref books him for diving. Gers get beat. Does JJ get punished more because of the refs mistake? Horrible set up

No, he gets a two-match ban because Killie benefited from his deception, ie got a penalty kick and a goal from it. 

Edit -

"No player shall cause a match official to make an incorrect Decision and/or support an error of judgment on the part of a match official by an act of simulation which results in that player’s team being awarded a penalty kick and/or an opponent being dismissed and/or any other substantial advantage being gained.

2 match mandatory suspension, effective immediately to the player’s Recognised Team’s next two matches, irrespective of competition."

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, NorfolkG said:

I hope the media will shame and blame Sadiq and Sinclair the way they did when it affected their pal McCann.

Sadiq’s was much, much worse that Jones’s. 

Sadiq was booked at the time. Therefore, unless I'm mistaken, no retrospective action can be taken as the punishment was given.

It's a mad rule, compounded by the fact you can get booked for diving twice in the one game and only serve a one match ban but "dive" once and don't get penalised at the time then it's 2 matches.

22 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Sadiq was booked at the time. Therefore, unless I'm mistaken, no retrospective action can be taken as the punishment was given.

It's a mad rule, compounded by the fact you can get booked for diving twice in the one game and only serve a one match ban but "dive" once and don't get penalised at the time then it's 2 matches.

In terms of the rules, nothing can be done, true. But the way many pundits, like David Tanner, as well as the Dundee manager and right back, went for Jones in a vitriolic way, I fully expect this cheat to be similarly pummelled.

And pigs might fly.

2 hours ago, skygod said:

Where is this rule, because I looked through the SFA Disciplinary Procedures and couldn't find it?

I thought bookings were only changeable if referee says they made an error?

My point is both Sadiq and Jones committed/were accused of the same offence. One is lambasted across the national sports media. The other gets booked and we all move on with hardly a mention. I don’t think it’s fair but that is the way the rules are set, I think.

Edited by NorfolkG

5 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

My point is both Sadiq and Jones committed/were accused of the same offence. One is lambasted across the national sports media. The other gets booked and we all move on with hardly a mention. I don’t think it’s fair but that is the way the rules are set, I think.

The players committed the same offence but the difference is that the referee spotted and dealt with Sadiq’s by issuing a caution. 

McLean didn't spot Jones’ and Killie were awarded a penalty kick. 

The SFA don’t want cheats to be seen to prosper so they impose a much heavier penalty on players who simulate and get away with it. 

You might say that it’s actually referee incompetence which they should be penalising but that’s not going to happens, publicly at least. 

33 minutes ago, skygod said:

The players committed the same offence but the difference is that the referee spotted and dealt with Sadiq’s by issuing a caution. 

The SFA don’t want cheats to be seen to prosper so they impose a much heavier penalty on players who simulate and get away with it. 

You might say that it’s actually referee incompetence which they should be penalising but that’s not going to happens, publicly at least. 

Should the suspension not be for the next time the perpetrator plays against the side who were the victims? The way things stand, Dundee are doubly punished, once for the penalty and then from JJ not being able to play against their relegation rivals. 

44 minutes ago, skygod said:

I get all that. And you’re right.

What I am angry at is the way the media has hung Jones out to dry but so many have done similar or worse with a lot less cabbage-throwing.

There has been a real inconsistency in Jones's treatment, in my opinion.

29 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Should the suspension not be for the next time the perpetrator plays against the side who were the victims? The way things stand, Dundee are doubly punished, once for the penalty and then from JJ not being able to play against their relegation rivals. 

Logic says that would make sense but I disagree for several reasons. 

The player could have moved on by the time the clubs next meet. 

If the suspension applied to his new club, that would be unfair on them. 

If he transferred to another country, he would escape punishment altogether. 

Also, there is a saying, “Justice delayed is justice denied”. Delaying the punishment would give the impression that no action was being taken. 

By the way, the present system of match suspension is infinitely superior to the old system of a number of days when, depending on the fixture list and the weather, a player could miss a lot of matches or none at all.