Jordan Jones

Bobby14

52 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I think he might be right. I think the current rule is that you can only agree a domestic pre-contract 1 month before expiry. Christmas time for everyone else.

Please yourself. 

How come Gary Mackay-Stevens signed a PCA with Celtic in January 2015? 

Or Graeme Shinnie with Aberdeen in the same month? 

Has the rule changed? It must be very recently because Jamie Walker was meant to be signing a PCA with Rangers in January, before signing for Wigan. 

31 minutes ago, skygod said:

Please yourself. 

How come Gary Mackay-Stevens signed a PCA with Celtic in January 2015? 

Or Graeme Shinnie with Aberdeen in the same month? 

Has the rule changed? It must be very recently because Jamie Walker was meant to be signing a PCA with Rangers in January, before signing for Wigan. 

That's the rule in England anyway. Maybe specific to England but I thought I remembered Aberdeen having to wait until May to PCA Ferguson last season.

Edited by Fletch

5 hours ago, fraz65 said:

For a player who can sign a pre contract, that would be the deal of the century. 

It's a weird one with Jones - We would, I suspect, be totally happy with him running down his contract if we get to keep him to the end of the season. So whereas "well we can sign him for a free" is usually a threat meaning clubs accept less, here that is totally gone and, in fact, clubs almost have to pay more to take him early. We're in a great position. 

I think he'd prefer to be in England and would set his sights higher than Rangers. But who knows. 

3 hours ago, skygod said:

It would be for us. 

For a club like Burnley, threatened with relegation from the Premier League, it would be like buying a lottery ticket. 

We got a bigger fee from Wigan for Sammon as they were in a similar situation did we not. His contract situation was different of course

47 minutes ago, piffer said:

We got a bigger fee from Wigan for Sammon as they were in a similar situation did we not. His contract situation was different of course

Had a look through some reports from the time, The Scotsman reported a fee in excess of £500k, probably guess work on their part, the other reports didn't seem to mention a fee....

2 hours ago, skygod said:

We didn’t get anything like six figures for Sammon. 

£500 - 600,000 maybe. He went for over a million from Wigan to Derby so we got a decent sell-on on top. 

I know he never really hit the heights down there, but If they got him for £500 then that was a bargain. 

3 hours ago, skygod said:

We didn’t get anything like six figures for Sammon. 

£500 - 600,000 maybe. He went for over a million from Wigan to Derby so we got a decent sell-on on top. 

Make up your mind ...did we get between 500k and 600k or was it nowhere near 6 figures ??

We all wish JJ the very best in his future career and thank him for the contribution he has made to our revival since he joined us.  I remember sitting in an away stand pre-season friendly when he came on as a substitute and members of his family were sitting nearby obviously hoping his career would be rekindled in a Killie shirt.

Killie have now launced him into a bigger career and hopefully he will enjoy a top league future as well as always having good thoughts of his time with the great Killie.

One last bit of advice ------ Go South and don't be tempted to join the uglier sister.

such s big difference in JJ since the last international break, he has returned to being the player we all know & love, he seems much more happier in himself, settled & up to his usual mischief with the rest of the squad perhaps his contract situation has already been sorted & hes staying with us, hence the change in his attitude etc that coupled with the fact he really isn't letting the rumours etc get to him & affect his performances 

13 minutes ago, JJNo1Fan said:

such s big difference in JJ since the last international break, he has returned to being the player we all know & love, he seems much more happier in himself, settled & up to his usual mischief with the rest of the squad perhaps his contract situation has already been sorted & hes staying with us, hence the change in his attitude etc that coupled with the fact he really isn't letting the rumours etc get to him & affect his performances 

i think he had a point to prove against that dundee team who accused him of diving today

44 minutes ago, JJNo1Fan said:

I think it's more likely that he's playing for a new contract somewhere else. 

32 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

i think he had a point to prove against that dundee team who accused him of diving today

Happy he was quiet prior to the game (probably management advice) however I did notice he had a wee dig at Dundee players post match. He mentioned he would do his talking on the pitch rather than go to the press. .

I think he will be missed greatly when he goes. As has been said before Greg Taylor plays so much better with JJ in front of him