Jordan Jones

Bobby14

6 hours ago, Graeme S said:

Happy he was quiet prior to the game (probably management advice) however I did notice he had a wee dig at Dundee players post match. He mentioned he would do his talking on the pitch rather than go to the press. .

I think he will be missed greatly when he goes. As has been said before Greg Taylor plays so much better with JJ in front of him  

Agree with you. Whether he has a good game or bad game when he’s attacking a defender your on the edge of your seat   For all you fans who criticise him you really will have something to moan about when he goes He will be a massive miss

Yep, what a bellend.

Lee McCulloch watched Jordan Jones get knocked down but get up again as he discovered Premiershipdefences are never going to keep him down.

That’s why the Kilmarnock winger’s former boss reckons he’d be the perfect player to keep Rangers in the mix with their top-of-the-table neighbours in the second half of the season.

Ibrox boss Steven Gerrard has been left frustrated against teams adopting the low block, toiling to break down 10-man Dundee in a 1-1 draw this month then winning by a single goal at home to Hamilton despite 22 corners.

For McCulloch, the stalwart who used to wear the Light Blues armband, Jones is the man who could sprinkle a bit of a magic in order to stun packed defences.

Jig struck up a close working relationship with the Northern Ireland international during his near eight months in charge at Rugby Park last year.

Rangers failed in a bid to land the 24-year-old in the last January window but could be poised to move again for a player able to sign a pre-contract next month.

And with Wednesday’s goalless draw at Easter Road seeing Gerrard’s side slip off the summit, McCulloch believes “street player” Jones is the solution to helping them climb back there.

He said: “Jordan is obviously a Kilmarnock player and all the rest of it but he’d be the one who could unlock defences with teams now sitting in against Rangers.

“When Rangers struggled in the draw against Dundee then that’s the type of situation where you need a bit of magic Jordan could provide.

“Talking from experience, when teams sit deep against you – and I never went past anyone in my life – you need someone to go and beat two or three players and Jordan is tailor-made for that.

“He’s the one who will go past two or three players and maybe open the door for an Alfredo Morelos or Kyle Lafferty, so it’s a no-brainer to get him.

“Jordan can play in behind but I prefer him out wide where it’s not as congested and just one v one.

“He’s given James Tavernier a few torrid times and even Mikael Lustig, Jack Hendry or whoever has been Celtic’s right-back. There isn’t a right-back who could handle Jordan when he’s on his game. That’s how highly I rate him from my time working with him.

“He would maybe take a month to settle but in the long run he’d make the club money as well as benefit from him on the pitch.

“I had left Kilmarnock by the time Rangers made a concrete offer at the start of the year but the rumours were circulating when I was there – and he’d be a brilliant player for Rangers.

“Jordan would be a great signing. He has the mentality where he could handle a big club.

“He’s a street player. He would get smashed early on in games sometimes and I’d be thinking he would go under but he’d bounce back up, demand the ball and go again. That told me everything I needed to know about his mentality.

“It would be an unbelievable signing for Rangers and if they don’t get him then I know he’ll get a good move.

“He was the joker in the dressing room and he’s got the hairstyle and the swagger. He’s been backing that up lately and was man of the match in the win over Dundee last time out.” Jones turned down a new deal at the start of the season and has been linked with Championship sides, including Swansea.

McCulloch knows Rugby Park boss Steve Clarke and his board could be faced with a dilemma over whether to cash in next month or risk losing him for nothing at the end of the season.

With Killie battling Rangers at the top end of the table, the ex-Middlesbrough man could be crucial to their European hopes.

McCulloch said: “Jordan knocked back a contract in the summer and his deal is up at the end of the summer so he can sign a pre-contract.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/jordan-jones-man-rangers-should-13760451

9 hours ago, piffer said:

Looks like our former manager Lee McCulloch will be in the papers tomorrow touting JJ for a move to Sevco. 

seems now to be yet another go to rent a quote ex OF player who struggles to find football Employment..............and panders any nonsense to the target audience 

38 minutes ago, King said:

Yep, what a bellend.

Lee McCulloch watched Jordan Jones get knocked down but get up again as he discovered Premiershipdefences are never going to keep him down.

That’s why the Kilmarnock winger’s former boss reckons he’d be the perfect player to keep Rangers in the mix with their top-of-the-table neighbours in the second half of the season.

Ibrox boss Steven Gerrard has been left frustrated against teams adopting the low block, toiling to break down 10-man Dundee in a 1-1 draw this month then winning by a single goal at home to Hamilton despite 22 corners.

For McCulloch, the stalwart who used to wear the Light Blues armband, Jones is the man who could sprinkle a bit of a magic in order to stun packed defences.

Jig struck up a close working relationship with the Northern Ireland international during his near eight months in charge at Rugby Park last year.

Rangers failed in a bid to land the 24-year-old in the last January window but could be poised to move again for a player able to sign a pre-contract next month.

And with Wednesday’s goalless draw at Easter Road seeing Gerrard’s side slip off the summit, McCulloch believes “street player” Jones is the solution to helping them climb back there.

He said: “Jordan is obviously a Kilmarnock player and all the rest of it but he’d be the one who could unlock defences with teams now sitting in against Rangers.

“When Rangers struggled in the draw against Dundee then that’s the type of situation where you need a bit of magic Jordan could provide.

“Talking from experience, when teams sit deep against you – and I never went past anyone in my life – you need someone to go and beat two or three players and Jordan is tailor-made for that.

“He’s the one who will go past two or three players and maybe open the door for an Alfredo Morelos or Kyle Lafferty, so it’s a no-brainer to get him.

“Jordan can play in behind but I prefer him out wide where it’s not as congested and just one v one.

“He’s given James Tavernier a few torrid times and even Mikael Lustig, Jack Hendry or whoever has been Celtic’s right-back. There isn’t a right-back who could handle Jordan when he’s on his game. That’s how highly I rate him from my time working with him.

“He would maybe take a month to settle but in the long run he’d make the club money as well as benefit from him on the pitch.

“I had left Kilmarnock by the time Rangers made a concrete offer at the start of the year but the rumours were circulating when I was there – and he’d be a brilliant player for Rangers.

“Jordan would be a great signing. He has the mentality where he could handle a big club.

“He’s a street player. He would get smashed early on in games sometimes and I’d be thinking he would go under but he’d bounce back up, demand the ball and go again. That told me everything I needed to know about his mentality.

“It would be an unbelievable signing for Rangers and if they don’t get him then I know he’ll get a good move.

“He was the joker in the dressing room and he’s got the hairstyle and the swagger. He’s been backing that up lately and was man of the match in the win over Dundee last time out.” Jones turned down a new deal at the start of the season and has been linked with Championship sides, including Swansea.

McCulloch knows Rugby Park boss Steve Clarke and his board could be faced with a dilemma over whether to cash in next month or risk losing him for nothing at the end of the season.

With Killie battling Rangers at the top end of the table, the ex-Middlesbrough man could be crucial to their European hopes.

McCulloch said: “Jordan knocked back a contract in the summer and his deal is up at the end of the summer so he can sign a pre-contract.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/jordan-jones-man-rangers-should-13760451

“Jordan is obviously a Kilmarnock player and all the rest of it.....”

Shut up McCulloch ya walloper.

Jones has already decided that he is leaving, that's why he has rejected so many contract offers, the decision is now out of the club's hands in terms of that, so they now have to decide how to handle the situation. Fortunately it looks like his head is still in the right place, he's not agreed a deal with any other club so he still has to perform and can't worry about injuries if he wants decent offers. The initial problem for the board is whether to cash in now or keep him until the end of the season and lose him for free. But our real problems begin when he can sign a pre-contract with someone else, then the manager has a decision to make and that's the worse case scenario for us. I'd love him to stay but its not happening, potential European place or not. Sorry but I'd take anything around the £500,000 mark if we can even get that during the January window, anything less than £300,000 I'd keep him, unless he is going to sign a pre-contract with one of our immediate rivals. If he's going down south it doesn't matter too much, he'll be sorely missed but it out of or control and we have to trust Steve Clarke to replace him. If he signs for the huns though the fans will understandably turn on him and he'll be a waste of a jersey for the remainder of his contract. It's a real tough one for the directors to handle but we've got to remember that they've been trying hard to keep him so ultimately its not their fault when he goes.

16 minutes ago, Bob Agg said:

Jones has already decided that he is leaving, that's why he has rejected so many contract offers, the decision is now out of the club's hands in terms of that, so they now have to decide how to handle the situation. Fortunately it looks like his head is still in the right place, he's not agreed a deal with any other club so he still has to perform and can't worry about injuries if he wants decent offers. The initial problem for the board is whether to cash in now or keep him until the end of the season and lose him for free. But our real problems begin when he can sign a pre-contract with someone else, then the manager has a decision to make and that's the worse case scenario for us. I'd love him to stay but its not happening, potential European place or not. Sorry but I'd take anything around the £500,000 mark if we can even get that during the January window, anything less than £300,000 I'd keep him, unless he is going to sign a pre-contract with one of our immediate rivals. If he's going down south it doesn't matter too much, he'll be sorely missed but it out of or control and we have to trust Steve Clarke to replace him. If he signs for the huns though the fans will understandably turn on him and he'll be a waste of a jersey for the remainder of his contract. It's a real tough one for the directors to handle but we've got to remember that they've been trying hard to keep him so ultimately its not their fault when he goes.

Spot on!

Pre-contract with Rangers would be worst of both worlds for the club, the fans and the player. Some fans would definitely turn against him and I think the management would have little choice - if it became an issue - to leave him out of the team.

No money - no player - no performances.

2 hours ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

Spot on!

Pre-contract with Rangers would be worst of both worlds for the club, the fans and the player. Some fans would definitely turn against him and I think the management would have little choice - if it became an issue - to leave him out of the team.

I'd deff turn against him especially if it was those rat basads he signed for

3 hours ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

Spot on!

Dream scenario for the great unwashed, get a player next season for free, upset us this season and weaken a rival without spending a penny. Tried and tested method.

""

The decision over Jordan Jones' whereabouts during the second half of the campaign does lie with Clarke.

The winger, who is approaching the final six months of his Killie deal, has been tipped by former boss Lee McCulloch as the solution to Rangers' current lack of cutting edge, but Clarke is ready to rebuff any interest in the Northern Ireland international.

"We're in a good position here, we don't have to sell anybody," he said. "If I can keep the squad together then I'll be delighted..."If we can do that, we can have a decent second half of the season together."

He's away that's for sure. Sadly I think all the signs point to Rangers. Does seem to be pretty keen on them going by social media. More money, bigger stadium, bigger club, will endear him to large swathes for the crowd at International level, wont have to update his tinder location. Probably seems like an easy choice for him now he's decided to leave us. 

He also knows he can more than cut it in this league.  He's just a professional footballer after all. He's no as emotionally invested as we are - so we shouldn't hold him to the same standard. I still hope he gives it a go down south cause I'd detest seeing him play for them. But look no further than Mulumbu for an indication of these things usually work out.