Jordan Jones

Bobby14

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

What Killie team were you watching.......

To be honest I wasn't watching us very often from 73-78, married, skint, and living in Stirlingshire. If somebody asked me to name Kilmarnock wingers from the seventies I would say Jimmy Cook and Davie Provan. My memories of Casper have been confused by where he played for Sevco and Brighton. 

For me, this could galvanise the rest of the squad. I wouldn't play him again, but thank him for his service and sell him immediately. I don't see there is any way he can play for us again, especially the first game after the break against Rangers. It is a chance for others to come in and prove they are better and can fill the space left by JJ. It is also a chance for the rest of the players to stick together and prove we are a team and not dependent on one or two players. He doesn't make the team, he is only part of it!

Thanks for your services JJ but if you’ve signed with that lot I’d rather you didn’t pull the blue and white on again son, park your arse on that bench and I have faith in SSC that he is already working on a replacement 

I don’t mind losing a decent player to anyone else but when they chose the dark side it’s a right kick in the swingers 

good luck in the rats nest son you’ll need it 

5 hours ago, gdevoy said:

There is not wide player in the Scottish game today fit to polish the boots of Tommy Maclean.

See, as I remember, Rangers (rip) immediately turned him into a central midfielder thus completely negating why they signed him in the first place. 

Aye, he was decent in that position but he was international class before they signed him from us and then they ruined him. IMO.

JJ please bear this in mind.

By the way I agree he should now be told to GTF unless he can convince SSC that he is 100% committed until the end of the season.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

42 pages of drivel making a lot of fans look silly. 

My take on it is it's more the manner in which it's been done that sticks in the craw of most supporters.

There was nothing to stop JJ having an agreement in place with Rangers without it being made so public. Jones could have easily insisted on it remaining private or at the very least continued speculation, if he wanted, then confirmed his departure to them at the seasons end.

Yes, the other squad members have probably known about his intention to sign a PCA for a wee while now but ask yourself this.... What effect will it have on his teammates should he stay put and play a part in matches, as it's inevitable that booing/critisism will stem from the stands the minute he makes a mistake, bad decission or goes into a challenge half heartedly.

Everyone knows this story has either been leaked from within Ibrox or through his agent in an attempt to either ....

A) unsettle the harmony between our fans & players thus attempting to derail our challenge.

B) force through a move immediately.

As far as I'm concerned the way this has played out smacks of a player not fussed about how this affects Kilmarnock FC.

I agree with Guff92, some of the reaction on here is OTT.  People wanting to punish him and give him dog's abuse for doing what is his right, and signing a contract which will bring him much better financial benefits (until Sevco go bust again, lol)?   Of course it's disappointing that he'll go to f**king Sevco, particularly when we are having such a good season. And of course there is a risk that his form falls off a cliff as happened to him during previous transfer windows.  However, JJ has always sounded fairly honest to me, admitted the transfer talk got to him before, and has consistently said that he respects the fact Killie gave him a chance when others wouldn't.  I don't expect him to stop trying a leg when we are in with a shout of qualifying for Europe.  I also think that if he were to start playing s**te, SSC would park him on the bench or reserves pretty fast.

If I was at RP watching him play for the Huns, damn right I'd boo him.  If he remains our player for the rest of the season, I'd be cheering him on and encouraging him to do what he does best.  Any other course of action is only going to negatively affect the player, and much more importantly, the team we support.  He's not irreplaceable, but if he is on top form he'll still be an asset until the end of the season.

My view is this. If he has singed a pre contract with them, he now has another agenda. Even if its subconscious.  

I dont belive he could honestly be 100% committed to playing for us as his mind would be on this larger contract that awaits him (say he gets injured in that 50/50 ball vs Livingston!) maybe he will think twice about the challenge. 

If he has singed a pre contract - thanks for the memories and enjoy keeping your fitness up in the reserves while we play a team who are dedicated to beating those arseholes, rather than joining them. 

Edited by KennyH80

6 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

My take on it is it's more the manner in which it's been done that sticks in the craw of most supporters.

There was nothing to stop JJ having an agreement in place with Rangers without it being made so public. Jones could have easily insisted on it remaining private or at the very least continued speculation, if he wanted, then confirmed his departure to them at the seasons end.

Yes, the other squad members have probably known about his intention to sign a PCA for a wee while now but ask yourself this.... What effect will it have on his teammates should he stay put and play a part in matches, as it's inevitable that booing/critisism will stem from the stands the minute he makes a mistake, bad decission or goes into a challenge half heartedly.

Everyone knows this story has either been leaked from within Ibrox or through his agent in an attempt to either ....

A) unsettle the harmony between our fans & players thus attempting to derail our challenge.

B) force through a move immediately.

As far as I'm concerned the way this has played out smacks of a player not fussed about how this affects Kilmarnock FC.

Spot on 

I hate SevCo a lot more than the next man, but some of the stuff on this thread is completely demented IMO.

One of our best players in recent years thats helped propel us to the top part of the top league is suddenly not fit to lace Jimmy McGuire’s boots and gets compared to Josh Magennis!?!?! Give me a fkn break.

Steve Clarke will know JJ well enough to know whether having a PCA with THEM will affect his commitment and application to our cause. None of the brain boxes on this thread know JJ beyond his twitter feed.  Clarke has started JJ consistently in his time at RP and my bet is that if Steve Clarke starts JJ at  Pittodrie then the intention will be that he is party of SSC’s plans for the remainder of the season unless his performances drop.

Keith Jackson in this morning's Record:

"Gerrard continued his January shopping spree yesterday by capturing Kilmarnock winger Jordan Jones who was also booked in for a medical before signing a pre-contract deal...Kilmarnock have no plans to accelerate the departure of talisman Jones. With Steve Clarke's side just a point behind Rangers going into the winter break, the Rugby Park outfit are relaxed about the Northern Ireland winger's situation."

Nice use of the word "relaxed".

Meanwhile The Sun says that the deal "should be confirmed by the club later today" and that Gerrard is "happy for the duo (Jones and Kamara)  to remain at their clubs with neither expected to arrive at Ibrox until the summer."

29 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

I hate SevCo a lot more than the next man, but some of the stuff on this thread is completely demented IMO.

One of our best players in recent years thats helped propel us to the top part of the top league is suddenly not fit to lace Jimmy McGuire’s boots and gets compared to Josh Magennis!?!?! Give me a fkn break.

Steve Clarke will know JJ well enough to know whether having a PCA with THEM will affect his commitment and application to our cause. None of the brain boxes on this thread know JJ beyond his twitter feed.  Clarke has started JJ consistently in his time at RP and my bet is that if Steve Clarke starts JJ at  Pittodrie then the intention will be that he is party of SSC’s plans for the remainder of the season unless his performances drop.

Why Pittodrie and not against his new club at Rugby Park if your convinced his impending move won't affect his performance? 

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Why Pittodrie and not against his new club at Rugby Park if your convinced his impending move won't affect his performance? 

I don’t think I’d play him against SevCo in that game if I saw him as part of  our plans for the rest of the season  - you only need to look at this thread to see why.

PS I am sad he has signed for THEM and I think it has all been handled in typical classless style by THEM and by the people advising JJ but I just can’t see how it suddenly makes him a s**te player.

8 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

This sounds like nothing but a spurned lover! 

Why should he keep his intentions secret? The whole purpose of a PCA from his point of view is presumably to end speculation about his future. 

Why should he persist in a farcical “Will he? Won’t he?” sham for the rest of the season? 

A situation exists - or seems about to exist - which we need to deal with, and not behave in a state of denial. 

Edited by skygod

Oh how differently this thread would read if the lad had signed an extension to his contract with us....but there nothing as fickle as football fans...

If your reading this JJ, good luck for the rest of the season, thanks for the memories, I would love to wish you well but frankly going to them makes that impossible and I hope you enjoy showing them what a current league winners medal looks like... 

14 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Smith wasn't a winger though. 

O yes he was.

He drifted up the Killie left wing under the guise of "Casper" the ghost. He was fast, good crosser of the ball, scored goals, dazzling controlled footwork and physically strong.

JJ is faster but doesn't compare in the other areas in any way.

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

This sounds like nothing but a spurned lover! 

Why should he keep his intentions secret? The whole purpose of a PCA from his point of view is presumably to end speculation about his future. 

Why should he persist in a farcical “Will he? Won’t he?” sham for the rest of the season? 

A situation exists - or seems about to exist - which we need to deal with, and not behave in a state of denial. 

So are you happy for the possibility of animosity between some sections of our fans & JJ? 

You and I both know this has the strong potential to happen regardless of how he performs, given where he is heading, especially when its one of the most important periods for us in the last 50 years or so?

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

So are you happy for the possibility of animosity between some sections of our fans & JJ?

No, but it’s a situation that has to be faced up to and not hushed up.

Unfortunately, the solution is probably to accept a “stick of rock and a balloon” offer to let him leave in January. 

That would be more mature than all the “Let him rot” demands.