Jordan Jones

Bobby14

Sad to see JJ go in this way to a future certain to be blighted by his marriage to the most bigoted obnoxious entity in the country.

Sevco are in existence despite being financially unstable and well on the way to a further collapse unless one of their worldwide benefactors comes to the rescue. They certainly have to rely on the SFA continuing to turn a blind eye to their player behaviour as exemplified this week and added to other examples earlier in the season.

JJ will probably hang around the peripheries of their team, appearing on rare occasions very like the fate that befell Hayes at Celtic. His bank account will flourish but his career in real danger of floundering.

Nevertheless, I wish him well and thank him for the entertainment offered to the Killie fans.

8 minutes ago, skygod said:

No, but it’s a situation that has to be faced up to and not hushed up.

Unfortunately, the solution is probably to accept a “stick of rock and a balloon” offer to let him leave in January. 

That would be more mature than all the “Let him rot” demands. 

We could allow him to go out on loan in England if he doesn’t fancy rotting in the reserves. Strengthening the squad of a direct rival for a pittance seems madness to me. 

15 minutes ago, skygod said:

No, but it’s a situation that has to be faced up to and not hushed up.

Unfortunately, the solution is probably to accept a “stick of rock and a balloon” offer to let him leave in January. 

That would be more mature than all the “Let him rot” demands. 

The ‘letting him leave on the cheap to Rangers in January’ is the worst solution for us and totally unacceptable.

Edited by NorfolkG

54 minutes ago, zinger said:

O yes he was.

He drifted up the Killie left wing under the guise of "Casper" the ghost. He was fast, good crosser of the ball, scored goals, dazzling controlled footwork and physically strong.

JJ is faster but doesn't compare in the other areas in any way.

I know, I responded further up the page, you must have missed my reply. 

Worries me that some seem to hate Rangers more than they love Killie. They'd rather see us leave out a quality player because he is moving later in the year than give ourselves the best possible chance this year by having all players available. People saying that the squad will be affected by it, remember we think like fans, they think like players. Most of them will have moved in similar situations and where we all hate Rangers, I'd imagine most of our squad will be indifferent and will can see things from JJs point of view. 

If Clarke thinks he's fine to play in any game, I'll be supporting him as a current killie player. 

Just now, boab1869 said:

Worries me that some seem to hate Rangers more than they love Killie. They'd rather see us leave out a quality player because he is moving later in the year than give ourselves the best possible chance this year by having all players available. People saying that the squad will be affected by it, remember we think like fans, they think like players. Most of them will have moved in similar situations and where we all hate Rangers, I'd imagine most of our squad will be indifferent and will can see things from JJs point of view. 

If Clarke thinks he's fine to play in any game, I'll be supporting him as a current killie player. 

I'd rather we played someone that has a future at the club and wants to play for us 

I hate rangers as much as the next person but if any player in our squad got offered 4/5 times their wage they would go . If we do have him until the end of the season I would play him and that includes against them in the first league game back , if he's not performing which he hasn't always done this season anyway then fair enough drop him

16 hours ago, skygod said:

The claim though was that Jones was the best winger the last 25 years or so.

If you're going as far back as Tommy McLean, I would include the likes of Davie Provan and Gordon Smith as being better than Jones.

I'll second that remark.

4 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

I'd rather we played someone that has a future at the club and wants to play for us 

The future is now! We are 3rd in the league with realistic ambitions of challenging for the title, I'd rather have everybody available to give it everything we have this year than look to next year when we have no idea where we will be.

51 minutes ago, Zorro said:

We could allow him to go out on loan in England if he doesn’t fancy rotting in the reserves. Strengthening the squad of a direct rival for a pittance seems madness to me. 

That depends on two things - a club in England wanting to loan him for four months, and Jones being prepared to go.

The chances of that combination happening are, in the first instance, slim and, in the second, nil I think. 

The club is quoted as saying it is relaxed about the situation, but maybe they are underestimating the hostility of some fans. 

While strengthening the squad of a direct rival for a pittance might seem like madness, how does fans risking our chances of success by ostracising a player compare?

Edited by skygod

5 minutes ago, skygod said:

That depends on two things - a club in England wanting to loan him for four months, and Jones being prepared to go.

The chances of that combination happening are, in the first instance, slim and, in the second, nil I think. 

The club is quoted as saying it is relaxed about the situation, but maybe they are underestimating the hostility of some fans. 

While strengthening the squad of a direct rival for a pittance might seem like madness, how does fans risking our chances of success by ostracising a player compare?

Maybe rangers are happy with him playing. Then he can punish their opposition i.e. sceptic

52 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I'd loan him out to a lower league Junior team and bring him in for midweek training, attack v defence and make it mandatory for Big Kirk to sharpen his studs. As soon as JJ signs a pre-contract with them, he is dead to me. So long and thanks for all the fish

Hate to say it but it's win win for sevco, they get a good player for nothing and in the meantime they almost certainly create unrest in one of their closest rivals, if not the squad certainly the fans, as shown in this thread. We can only trust in SSC, he hasn't let us down and always seems to be one step ahead of the rest. He will have seen this coming and have something lined up .

Edited by Barneyboy
Spelling

I’m sure plenty of clubs in England would be interested in having him for the last half of the season, whether Jones wants to go or not would be up to him. If it was up to me, I certainly wouldn’t have him around our first team. If he wants to train with kids until the summer, it’s up to him. I don’t believe he’d be fully committed to us now anyway. 

Do you mean the club or the fans ostracising Jones? I doubt many/any players would risk their own chances of a big move or success because they’re upset by the treatment of Jones. Most fans would be comfortable standing up against rangers attempts to unsettle our team and grab players on the cheap. I don’t understand where you’re coming from on this. 

I disagree with those saying leave him out against Rangers. If he is still with us then thats the game we get an honest impression and see his true colours. Is he 100% for Killie until the summer or not. Remember it’s not just one game left against them. We have three league fixtures and potentially depending on results and the draw a big Scottish Cup tie. Do we drop him for all of those as well. If he’s willing to go toe to toe with them after the break then he’ll likely do it against everyone else. 

I think people forget it is our dream to play for Killie and not JJ's

He has been brilliant for us!

I'm sure JJ has a soft spot for Killie and at the end of the day that is all we can expect. 

Is it ideal he is going to a rival in Scotland? No.

As long as Stevie Clarke thinks he is still giving 100% I'd have absolutely no hesitation in playing him the remainder of the season.

Edited by Gallus

Now after 24 hours and the dust has settled I am thinking more clearly.

JJ has had a positive impact on the re birth of Killie

We always knew he was a bit of a Rangers fan, but it never stopped him playing very well against them.

We knew that they would try and upset us, probably knew that poor JJ would be the pawn.

JJ is probably going to increase his wage five fold.

JJ is a very popular member of our squad, if our fans turn on him big time we run the risk of alienating other members of our squad.

SSC and AD are football people and know that transfers happen, we need to concentrate our disappointment at JJ’s move by FORGETTING him and giving the team our loudest support.

Lastly, it shows how highly we regard JJ otherwise we would not give a flying feck that he was going to Them. We support Killie, not hate Rangers any more than any other opponent.

Sevco have already won out of this. Look at the disharmony they’ve caused in what has been our best season for years. They’ve effectively rendered one of our best players useless to us for the rest of the season as well. The last thing I’d do is cave in to Sevco and let him go there now for peanuts, that may be the ideal thing to do in theory but we’d just be doubling down on a bad situation. We keep him until summer. We let SC decide what to do with him. I’m pretty sure that plans are already in place to render him a fringe player if he signs the PCA...which he’s perfectly entitled to do. What we shouldn’t be doing is slaughtering him all over social media and giving the world reason to ridicule us, because this situation is not of our making other than it was us who afforded him the chance to shine and that’s allowed him to drum up a contract elsewhere that we cannot match. What we should be doing is raging about the SFA and how they are allowing a club which has already went out of business once to operate out with their means and continue to try and buy everyone else out of the game in exactly the same manner which saw so many people and businesses lose out financially when they went bust before.

3 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Now after 24 hours and the dust has settled I am thinking more clearly.

JJ has had a positive impact on the re birth of Killie

We always knew he was a bit of a Rangers fan, but it never stopped him playing very well against them.

We knew that they would try and upset us, probably knew that poor JJ would be the pawn.

JJ is probably going to increase his wage five fold.

JJ is a very popular member of our squad, if our fans turn on him big time we run the risk of alienating other members of our squad.

SSC and AD are football people and know that transfers happen, we need to concentrate our disappointment at JJ’s move by FORGETTING him and giving the team our loudest support.

Lastly, it shows how highly we regard JJ otherwise we would not give a flying feck that he was going to Them. We support Killie, not hate Rangers any more than any other opponent.

Would agree with that except the last sentence. Love Killie, hate Sevco more than any other club.