Jordan Jones

Bobby14

If he continues to play, can you imagine the disharmony (meltdown) when he has a bad game or doesn't look interested?? Likely to affect team spirit badly too. 

In the reserves for me. Get someone else in or allow others the opportunity.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a shady deal that prevents him playing against sevco 

He has absolutely no control over what is printed and tweeted by the media.

He has kept a dignified silence every time this matter has arisen, he was even honest enough to admit it affected his form in the past. He signed a contract with us and he allowed it to run down, if we had been sharper we should have increased his contract much earlier than we attempted to but we now pay the price.

4 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

He has made his bed now he shall lie in it. The way he has dealt with it by allowing it to be made common knowledge is disrespectful to our club.

He could have had conversations behind closed doors and dismissed it as speculation till the summer. He instead has gone public about it and has caused disharmony at his current employers.

I don't care if he is or isn't best the player in the team, he doesn't play again for me.

Totally lacks in class and I think fans are entitled to be upset with the way he has gone about this. Announcing you are moving to a rival team who we play next and are competing with at top end of league is ridiculous. 

Conflict of interest for him now. I sincerely hope we can get him out the door as soon as possible. 

Can't  trust him to be fully committed especially if he gets injured and clause of another medical in June is involved. Does he play against rangers and beat them and potentially harm his new clubs chances of winning the title or stopping ten in a row. 

Pretty sure it's nothing to do with him that it's became common knowledge

1 minute ago, capitalkillie said:

If he continues to play, can you imagine the disharmony (meltdown) when he has a bad game or doesn't look interested?? Likely to affect team spirit badly too. 

In the reserves for me. Get someone else in or allow others the opportunity.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a shady deal that prevents him playing against sevco 

The deal isn’t with us. It’s between JJ and Sevco. He’s under contract with us so we can do as we see fit. Whether he was to come out before the Rangers game and say he mentally wasn’t in the right place is a different story. 

Just now, c.r said:

Pretty sure it's nothing to do with him that it's became common knowledge

He didn’t have to be pictured walking in the main door at Ibrox. There are ways of doing things which respect the club you are with currently. It’s been handled with a lack of class you’d expect from Rangers but hoped you wouldn’t see from the player. 

1 minute ago, piffer said:

He didn’t have to be pictured walking in the main door at Ibrox. There are ways of doing things which respect the club you are with currently. It’s been handled with a lack of class you’d expect from Rangers but hoped you wouldn’t see from the player. 

Exactly total Rangers class. Rangers / His agent may have leaked it but he should have told them to keep it just as speculation out of respect for his current club. 

Rangers probably knew what affect it would have on our support so leak it anyway. 

Got to use it to create a siege mentality instead of disharmony  and forget about him like we did with Mulumbu. Get them leathered end of the month.

14 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

From a purely professional point, I know in my line of work and the majority of professions, if you are leaving your current position to work for a direct competitor you see out your notice on garden leave. 

This is no different, they are a direct competitor so stick him on the bench/garden leave and focus on the job in hand with our season 

Precisely! Thanks for your time, your accounts have been locked and security will help you remove your personal belongings from your office! You can keep your phone for the next three months and we expect you to answer if we call. Any fraternising with your new employer during this period will be considered gross misconduct and you will be dismissed etc ...

14 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Exactly total Rangers class. Rangers / His agent may have leaked it but he should have told them to keep it just as speculation out of respect for his current club. 

Rangers probably knew what affect it would have on our support so leak it anyway. 

Got to use it to create a siege mentality instead of disharmony  and forget about him like we did with Mulumbu. Get them leathered end of the month.

Any hope of him retaining the faintest of relationships with the fans has gone. No matter who he has signed for, respect should be given to his current employer and the fans that pay his wages. He has been paraded like a prize doll by his agent, Sevco and more importantly by himself. He decides  how the PCA is dealt with. If he had any respect for our club and fans he wouldn’t have conducted himself in this manner. Why does he feel the need to walk in the front door of that place? This could all have been done privately like most other PCA’s.Totally unprofessional and showing utter contempt for everyone associated with our club. Wether he’s on the park, bench or in the stand for our next game he will get abused. Probably like no other player in the history of our club. Totally unacceptable from him as a so called professional footballer. 

42 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

From a purely professional point, I know in my line of work and the majority of professions, if you are leaving your current position to work for a direct competitor you see out your notice on garden leave. 

There are reasons for this in business re. Sensitive competetive issue and know how/IP. Jj has worked with the management team for 18 months now. Garden leave will serve little purpose unless we feel he will be a disruptive influence. I don’t.

1 hour ago, baz said:

Sevco have already won out of this. Look at the disharmony they’ve caused in what has been our best season for years. They’ve effectively rendered one of our best players useless to us for the rest of the season as well. The last thing I’d do is cave in to Sevco and let him go there now for peanuts, that may be the ideal thing to do in theory but we’d just be doubling down on a bad situation. We keep him until summer. We let SC decide what to do with him. I’m pretty sure that plans are already in place to render him a fringe player if he signs the PCA...which he’s perfectly entitled to do. What we shouldn’t be doing is slaughtering him all over social media and giving the world reason to ridicule us, because this situation is not of our making other than it was us who afforded him the chance to shine and that’s allowed him to drum up a contract elsewhere that we cannot match. What we should be doing is raging about the SFA and how they are allowing a club which has already went out of business once to operate out with their means and continue to try and buy everyone else out of the game in exactly the same manner which saw so many people and businesses lose out financially when they went bust before.

This. How this monstrosity of an organisation is still allowed to operate is beyond me. Financial fair play?  tsst.  The other main issue is PCA's.  Should be done away with. There is simply no sporting integrity in football anymore. Corrupt to its core at the highest levels. 

Let's all be honest here if the opportunity to increase your wages presented itself you would grab it and the life of a professional footballer is no different what is bothering all of us here is who he is going to but if we are being honest no surprise his mind was made up probably 12 months ago though I agree he could have  signed an extension with us to allow us to make a few bob but he ho .I personally trust SC to guide us through all of this and he will have known for some time what this outcome was let's wish JJ well thank him for his efforts and if he stays after today I'm sure he will still be professional and let's all focus on the other players who are here  and hope they will give JJ and his new (newest Scottish club by the way) something to think of come May!!

48 minutes ago, baz said:

Sorry but not wearing that. We've been trying to increase his contract for over a year. He's had numerous offers, one of which would have made him the top paid player at the club. The current situation is entirely out with our control. If we'd have offered him any more it would have rocked the whole wage structure and upset the harmony of the rest of the squad.

Exactly, we never started discussing a new contract until there was interest in him. We should have recognised his future worth earlier and gave him a deal that showed this to him rather than leave him on a low wage for as long as we thought we could get away with.

Thankfully under Clarke’s guidance we have being far more proactive in this matter but it’s been an issue at the club for many a year and has cost us lucrative transfer fees in the past.