Jordan Jones

Bobby14

1 minute ago, Garvis said:

JJ can run fast with the ball that is his lot adds zero to the team defensively when we don’t have the ball. So I can’t see what you see in him and personally can’t wait to see the back of him after the way he has disrespected killie.

Ok. Agree to disaree. Respect your view. Think jj maybe someone we look back and think “ did he really play with us”? Time will tell.

9 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Think jj maybe someone we look back and think “ did he really play with us”? Time will tell.

To have us saying that he will have to improve dramatically even from where you think he is as a player. For him to be held in really high regard he needs goals, assists and the ability to dictate games even from a wide area. Fair play to you for standing by him but I don’t think he’s got all that in him. Playing on the constant front foot for Rangers against teams who will be compact and most likely defensive is completely different from playing for us. As you say though time will tell. Had he not been a complete fud I’m sure we’d all hope he went on to be a huge star but he’s a wank and he can rot.

I don't understand this JJ gets us up the park idea. 

Invariably he did, however there was rarely any end product. 

His shooting, passing and decision making are woeful. 

FFS Ikpeazu gets Hearts up the park because they punt high balls to him. 

Brutal to watch but he holds the ball up well, wins headers and is a handful for defenders. More end product than Jones IMO. 

16 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Sad anti jones rhetoric. The best winger to grace the killie journey in my lifetime and cheap shots despite he not playing. The rest of the league know we weaker without him. But glad we still competitive and nudging totards 3rd. Hope those suggesting Jones not good player don’t have to live my 1980s killie life.

If he's the best winger you've seen then you can't have seen the 80s either.

There are plenty on here that have commented on the lack of class *anger* fans have yet are happy to display a different lack of class regarding one of our own players.

I look forward to applauding him next week, not because he's going to rival club or his tweet or his dip in form, but for his excellent contribution to the team over the past few seasons.

Be like them if you must but surely you are better than them.

10 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

There are plenty on here that have commented on the lack of class *anger* fans have yet are happy to display a different lack of class regarding one of our own players.

I look forward to applauding him next week, not because he's going to rival club or his tweet or his dip in form, but for his excellent contribution to the team over the past few seasons.

I don’t think people are suggesting in any way that we show him disrespect at the last game.

I am a fan of Jones as a player but my enthusiasm has waned significantly as a result of the totally disrespectful tweet, the lack of contrition and the best part of six months of doing nothing to earn his keep.

9 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

I would doubt whether JJ will show his face. Such a pity, he made a contribution to our development but he bit the hands that were feeding him with the disrespectful way he has conducted himself since. So long JJ in the near future you'll be playing in the bottom end of league 1.

46 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

While I admire your post, I think its very much out of touch with the feeling of the vast majority of our support towards Jones. Myself included. 

As for his contribution it has been what I would expect, it falls very far short of excellent though. 

4 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

While I admire your post, I think its very much out of touch with the feeling of the vast majority of our support towards Jones. Myself included. 

As for his contribution it has been what I would expect, it falls very far short of excellent though. 

Agree 100% even though I’m not a trust member :2:

No one hates SevCo more than me, but JJ has been hung out to dry so many times on here it’s a joke. He is a silly wee SevCo supporter and he has about 3 brain cells, so he fired off a stupid tweet. It’s disrespectful but he’s away anyway so what difference does it make? We’ve got to third without him.

I found him exciting to watch (usually) and he’s given us a lot of entertainment in his time at the club. His end product wasn’t great but surely when so much of the SPFL football is so pedestrian and predictable, a wee bit of excitement is something to be valued.

So personally, I’d thank him, but no, I’ll not be going as far as wishing him good luck at the Zombies. Hope he warms the bench with that other brain of Britain greg Stewart.

STEVEN GERRARD hopes new signings Jordan Jones and Jake Hastie will give Rangers a new dimension up front.

Kilmarnock ace Jones and Motherwell kid Hastie will move to Ibrox in the summer after penning pre-contract agreements.

The wingers will fight it out with the likes of Daniel Candeias and Jamie Murphy for a first-team slot next season.

(The Sun)

Looks like he will be spending a fair bit of time as a bench warmer as most of us suspected.......

And if Kent stays at sevco JJ will be about 5th choice falling to 7th when after one game slippy realises what a lazy player he is .

SSC demands that his players work as a team , that’s what’s got us into 3rd this year and I think he made an exception with JJ because of the excellent Greg Taylor behind him.

SSC has handled him brilliantly by coming out supporting him when most of us wanted him hung from a lamppost then playing him against sevco . JJ requires careful handling I’m not sure the rooky scouse thug has it in him to do so which will be to the detriment of his career IMO .

56 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

SSC demands that his players work as a team , that’s what’s got us into 3rd this year and I think he made an exception with JJ because of the excellent Greg Taylor behind him.

On this point - Greg Taylor looks a far better player when Jones isn’t playing. He looks far less inhibited and bombs forward  at any opportunity. 

1 minute ago, Zorro said:

On this point - Greg Taylor looks a far better player when Jones isn’t playing. He looks far less inhibited and bombs forward  at any opportunity. 

Was just going to say that. He's scored a goal, almost got another with Burke's pass on Saturday and looks a far better player in past few games. 

McKenzie cuts inside more and gives Taylor more freedom. 

2 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Was just going to say that. He's scored a goal, almost got another with Burke's pass on Saturday and looks a far better player in past few games. 

McKenzie cuts inside more and gives Taylor more freedom. 

Neither of those two probably get the plaudits they deserve, but the delivery into the box from the left is far better now than it was earlier in the season.