Jordan Jones

Bobby14

Very difficult to change a winning side at the moment. But I do wonder how long we can persist with him off-form.

Second half against SJ he was unplayable and I felt against Celtic he played reasonably well. The rest has been well below his and the teams standards. 

Before, when we had Boyd playing every week it was important to have pace in wide areas to stretch the game... now we have two forwards who look absolutely sensational and guys like Bright on the bench who's agile and skilful. The days of relying on JJ is a thing of the past. Even had we gone 2 down, I would never have written us off winning the game with the options we now have.

Negativity about JJ way over the top on here. Made the equalizer and stuck to his station all game so I don’t see how he had a bad game, I don’t think he was a ‘passenger’ and I don’t think his attitude is wrong but he could certainly have done better.

But I think we can all see that his ‘spark’ is not to the fore at the moment. Whether it is confidence or whether it is being tightly marked by two guys or what I don’t know. I’d keep him in but perhaps think about bringing Enobhakare on after 60 mins rather than 80 if JJ isn’t firing on all cylinders 

He should be thriving in this side right now but definitely seems to be something lacking. I’d have Enobakhare in for him next week, that boy definitely seems to have something about him and will be keen to make an impression. Could run riot against Dundee. 

For all they won today Hamilton hit the bar twice and missed an open net. 

Feel some of the criticism is ott, but I thought literally the only thing he did today was his involvement in the goal. 

Looked absolutely invisible for the rest of the game. 

Not sure thats good enough, especially when we are not as reliant on him now we have GS and guys like burke, broph etc all contributing.

Boy’s an enigma.

Edited by BR1869

JJ's contribution so far this season has been underwhelming to say the least. Half a game here & the odd flash there isn't enough to justify a place in any team let alone the team we're looking like becoming. If Enobakhare can offer more of a threat in the final 3rd & link up with Brophy & Stewart then we really can really kick on from where we currently find ourselves. With games coming up against probably the 3 worst teams in the league & confidence sky high now would be the ideal time to give him a run in the team & i think it wouldn't be a bad thing for JJ to have a spell as a sub who can come on in the last 20/25 mins when teams are starting to tire & he can stretch them & maybe build his confidence back up. He's still got an important part to play in what could be a huge season for us.

Bright looked good when he came on, JJ is still a talent, created first goal yesterday. Perhaps the competition for places will spur him on to the next level. The strength of the bench yesterday, the strength of the players not even on the bench, a never beaten attitude, astute manager, fitness levels and a fair amount of talent, hard not to be positive. Perhaps not as much need to get the ball to Jones to create something. To think that we are now talking of dropping a player like Jones, a sign of how far we have come, he does make for a good impact sub, maybe give Bright 60mins next week.

I’m not seeing this two men on him constantly. Yes teams are doubling up when he’s in possession but they try to do the same to Burke, SOD, Stewart when they are in possession. We also do it when the opposition have possession. There were plenty of occasions in recent weeks where JJ has got 1vs1 with his full back and done nothing. Watching yesterday he got the ball you weren’t sure he had it in him to beat his man. When Enobakhare came on and faced up the opponent he looked like he was going to cause problems. The boy Donnelly looked genuinely panicked until he got subbed. On the other side Burke isn’t as quick or as tricky but he’s going by fullbacks for fun in recent weeks. 

It’s a great place to be having this debate. Jj on his day is up with the best talents in the league and the biggest threat I’ve ever seen in a killie strip.  He starts for me but if it doesn’t happen during the first 60 minutes of a game, get bright or njoli on. If they do well they get their chance. Yesterday’s cameo performance by bright was nice for the fans but it’s too early to say if his “all aboard the showboat” routine will actually hurt opposition during tight games. But encouraging signs and competition all over the pitch....great days

I think JJ knows that he hasn't been anywhere near his true form but he and Taylor seem to have a very good understanding on the left side and as has been said sometimes teams are doubling up on him leaving space for the other front players but we now have options available to change if needed!

I thought JJ wasn't great in the first half but improved when he played wider, and his shot allowed Burke to grab the first goal. In the second half he was very lackluster, Taylor appeared to be looking for him to overlap but Jones didn't appear to be on the same wavelength. The addition of Stewart has changed how we play, we are no longer as dependant on JJ and O'Donnell supplying the ammunition for Boyd to score. Burke has now become a mainstay in the team from the bit part player of last season, probably due to being free from injury. The team is evolving from the side of last season and JJ is now only one of a number of players we have who can make and take chances. We are giving teams problems from different areas on the pitch and although Jones is no longer the standout he once was he still gives teams problems with his pace and close control, albeit on fewer occasions compared with last season.

Taylor got forward a lot yesterday and I think that was due to tight marking of JJ to some extent which created space. Whenever JJ went inside looking for the ball he was a little boy lost and slow to react so that proved for me he's a winger and nothing else. Wingers need the right service or games can pass them by as has been proved the world over since the game began.

I think the guy tried but just didn't have as good a game as those around him. Don't think he should be dropped just because his replacement did a few flashy step overs when the game was won!

Dens always looks like a wide flat pitch and I'd back him to create havoc next week.