Dee away, Fred

CB

9 hours ago, diamond_geezer said:

He’s barely running .

On the contrary, he’s running very fast. 

At that speed, if someone rolls an object in your path, there is a good chance you will trip over it if you don't take it in your stride. 

I don’t think it was a penalty, but I don't think it’s a clear-cut dive either. It’s a refereeing error.

McCann is making a song and dance because it’s a wee lifeline for him. He would have been sacked by now if Dundee could have afforded to. 

Credit to Jones for making the run anyway - it’s exactly the sort of effort which was lacking last week. 

30 minutes ago, skygod said:

On the contrary, he’s running very fast. 

At that speed, if someone rolls an object in your path, there is a good chance you will trip over it if you don't take it in your stride. 

I don’t think it was a penalty, but I don't think it’s a clear-cut dive either. It’s a refereeing error.

McCann is making a song and dance because it’s a wee lifeline for him. He would have been sacked by now if Dundee could have afforded to. 

Credit to Jones for making the run anyway - it’s exactly the sort of effort which was lacking last week. 

From the highlights the club put up I think it looks a penalty. You can see the referees viewpoint is similar to that.

Like you I’m not convinced its a clear cut dive. The Dundee one at the end was a blatant dive throwing himself to the ground. Jones doesn’t throw himself down but other angles appear to prove there is no contact. 

11 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Is this the Dundee Forums?

No, but should we alll just agree that it was a great decision because we benefited from it? 

As SSC has said many of our games have been influenced by bad refereeing decisions - and it would have been the same last week if Well had scored their ridiculously awarded penalty. 

Im sick of watching games where the outcome is very much impacted not by how well a team plays but because of the incompetence of the officials. They are shockingly bad and something has to improve or people will get switched off by it. 

Edited by historyman

The media are making a big deal of the JJ incident but if they were to watch the full game they would see we were clearly denied one (maybe two) penalties in the first half. You don't always get what you deserve but yesterday we did, the better team won.........onwards and upwards.

Edited by killiehippo

1 hour ago, killiehippo said:

The media are making a big deal of the JJ incident but if they were to watch the full game they would see we were clearly denied one (maybe two) penalties in the first half. You don't always get what you deserve but yesterday we did, the better team won.........onwards and upwards.

Well said mate absolutely agree 

7 hours ago, historyman said:

No, but should we alll just agree that it was a great decision because we benefited from it? 

Yes!

Im sick of watching games where the outcome is very much impacted not by how well a team plays but because of the incompetence of the officials. They are shockingly bad and something has to improve or people will get switched off by it. 

I can only think you have not watched much of Scottish football whilst the OF have won league after league, cup after cup :$

No worse than any other dive that goes on week in week out in any other game up and down the country, what really gets me cross is the lynch mob forming by ex player pundits and managers who were just as guilty when playing, only difference is more media coverage and sensationalism. Who said we have to play by marquis of Queensbury rules when every other chancer will do what it takes to get one over.

To be fair to those making comments about Jones... 

I completely agree that its not 100% clear if that is a dive. But having watched Jones for a few years makes me think it probably was a dive. He rightly has a reputation. I've seen both Burke and Power have a go at him for going down easily in separate games this year. He usually does it when he runs out of ideas or runs himself into a corner. Hes also tried exactly that move in past games and refs have told him to get up... 

Completely agree too that no player should be victimised though. My biggest issue with him going down is that it usually shows he's lost focus, and thats a part of his game that has been improving a lot under Clarke.

16 minutes ago, piffer said:

If the witch hunt continues I don’t think SSC will miss them when given an opportunity 

We should lock Thomson and Stewart in a room with SSC and I have no doubts who would win the argument. By that I mean the verbal argument on football matters. In terms of football and coaching knowledge obviously SSC is head and shoulders above both combined and indeed the rest of the coaches in the country.

Had enough against us this season from referees so no one can moan when we get something, it evens itself out as the referees are consistently s**te, f**k McCann, convinced we would’ve went on and won the game without the dodgy penalty. Didn’t get out of 2nd gear after taking the lead. 

Edited by Darryl1869
Spelling

We've been done by Mclean so many times in the past, was bout time we got a favourable decision. The second pen imo was a stone waller so it evens itself out. Most teams in the league will get a proper dodgy decision go for them this season. This was ours. I don't condone diving as I'm livid when folk do it against us, but not convinced Jones dived, more tripped himself up. He'd have got a booking on another day. 

The main thing is we've won again in a potential banana skin of a game. With St Mirren and Hamilton next we should be looking at getting results against both. If Jones get's a retrospective ban it's no big deal, we've bright, Ndjoli, Kiltie, mckenzie that can come in.    

As the “great” Andy Walker states on numerous occasions diving in the box is part of the game “ and let the referee make the decision “

Whether you support this is debatable but the hand wringing by some should cease . I doubt hardly any football fan , “decent “ or not care deeply how a match was won. If you do may I suggest you take up chess there’s very little cheating in that .

If JJ does get a 2 match ban then I would expect similar punishment for EVERY player from now on , but you just know that won’t happen , we don’t play on a level play field in Scotland 

• 2 weeks later...