St Mirren Away

Souleycouley93

10 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

St Mirren SLO has advised to sit on allocated seat as per match ticket.

Not telling anyone where to sit but it's of no great surprise that St. Mirren want us sitting in the numbered seats allocated

After all they don't want all the singers , young team, nutters together do they ?

they are quite happy to sprinkle them about the place , sitting beside old pensioners and boring farts and hope for a more subdued away support.

makes sense from their perspective

53 minutes ago, Killie for the cup said:

Not telling anyone where to sit but it's of no great surprise that St. Mirren want us sitting in the numbered seats allocated

After all they don't want all the singers , young team, nutters together do they ?

they are quite happy to sprinkle them about the place , sitting beside old pensioners and boring farts and hope for a more subdued away support.

As a pensioner nutter I take exception to that. You also don't know if the young team bought tickets together or will abide by the rules. 

7 hours ago, Killie for the cup said:

It’s no great surprise since allocating numbered seats is the most logical and safe thing to do. 

My least enjoyable experience at a game in recent years was the league cup game v Ayr at RP when I saw practically f*** all because of folk standing in the aisles. 

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

It’s no great surprise since allocating numbered seats is the most logical and safe thing to do.

I couldn't agree less. 1,600 Killie fans trying to find a specific seat in a stand they visit once or twice a year at most and not for a while at that....or 1,600 Killie fans getting into the stand and just parking their arses on any old seat with no arguments as to whose seat it is? It's got to be the latter for me. No seat allocation, no problems as no one has anything to argue about.

Of course there shouldn't be any arguments at all...but that's just not the way things happen in reality. I contacted our SLO and asked him to speak to the club and get a decision beforehand one way or the other. At least that way fans know for sure what the script is before they go to the match. I'm not wearing the "they should know because the tickets are numbered already" thing because I've been to a multitude of matches with numbered tickets that were unallocated seating.

The sensible thing to do would be make an announcement. It would be even more sensible to make it in favour of being unallocated (in my opinion) but as I say, as long as they let people know one way or another then fans will at least know in plenty of time what they are meant to be doing and it won't end up chaos. It's fantastic to see such an uptake in tickets for an away game...well done to everyone going...we need to try and ramp up the same kind of excitement about games at RP now.

33 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

What about groups of people that go together? Probably won't be hard to find 2 seats together, but people who go with 5 or 6 will struggle to find a place for everyone in a sold out allocation 

Totally agree, group of 6 of us going, I want us sitting together not sprinkled out as folk sit where they want. 

As to the argument about 1600 killie fans trying to find allocated seats in a stand they haven't visited before, or rarely, we'll 20,,000 of us managed it at Ibrox and Hampden in recent years for cup finals, it really isn't difficult. 

You've been allocated a seat, sit in it, it's not hard concept to understand. And if you want to sit with your mates, we'll you should have bought your tickets toghter. This has the potential of being the norm, selling out away allocations so it is something that needs to be sorted. 

4 minutes ago, pmonty3 said:

Let me preface this by saying it annoys me when folk ask you to move when there are thousands of empty seats in a stand. I've never done that and never will. But.....

Saturday is sold out. There will be no spare seats. If you're lucky enough to have a ticket - sit in the seat you've been allocated for this 1 game. You're there to watch Killie for 90 minutes - no have a heart to heart or negotiate Brexit. If everyone sits in the seat it says on the ticket there is no problem here. This system seems to work fine at various stadiums/theatres/concert venues across the world every day. 

Support the team. Sit in your seat. If you're no next to your pal - maybe you'll make a new pal. We are all Killie fans after all. 

Totally agree. It's a fairly small stand so if everyone goes to their allocated seat we won't have dozens of folk looking for somewhere to sit and miss a chunk of the game. It is only 90 minutes so I'm sure being separated from your mate(s) for a wee while won't kill you.

Be fair to your fellow Killie fans by not inconveniencing them, enabling us to support the team rather than search for seats and demonstrate to another club that we don't act like OF fans.

It should be a good day out but let's make it a good day out for everyone going please.

3 hours ago, baz said:

I couldn't agree less. 1,600 Killie fans trying to find a specific seat in a stand they visit once or twice a year at most and not for a while at that....or 1,600 Killie fans getting into the stand and just parking their arses on any old seat with no arguments as to whose seat it is? It's got to be the latter for me. No seat allocation, no problems as no one has anything to argue about.

Of course there shouldn't be any arguments at all...but that's just not the way things happen in reality. I contacted our SLO and asked him to speak to the club and get a decision beforehand one way or the other. At least that way fans know for sure what the script is before they go to the match. I'm not wearing the "they should know because the tickets are numbered already" thing because I've been to a multitude of matches with numbered tickets that were unallocated seating.

The sensible thing to do would be make an announcement. It would be even more sensible to make it in favour of being unallocated (in my opinion) but as I say, as long as they let people know one way or another then fans will at least know in plenty of time what they are meant to be doing and it won't end up chaos. It's fantastic to see such an uptake in tickets for an away game...well done to everyone going...we need to try and ramp up the same kind of excitement about games at RP now.

I have totally the opposite view.

I am quite capable of finding my allocated seat on planes and trains and at the cinema or concent venues etc.

I find that much preferable to hardly seeing the game which was my experience at the Ayr LC game - and if I remember correctly there were loads of complaints on here after it about fans who didn't / wouldn't / couldn't sit in their allocated seats.

Simple solution as I predict it to unfold on Saturday. Everyone sits on their allocated seat for kick off. 1st goal scored within the first 10 minutes - everyone stands up and as expected goes mental for the next 5 minutes. Before we calm doon to sit back doon our 2nd goal hits the back of the net sparking off the party atmosphere and a 1600 long conga line. Next goal or halftime stop and sit where the conga stops, usually you would be with all your mates by then. 2nd half starts and repeat it all over again. :40:

3 hours ago, baz said:

If you want a recipe for carnage see above. Numbered seats work for every major event all over the world but because someone can't sit next to their pal for 2 hours we should fight it out like Mad Max? 

Alternatively,  if you're a grown up you could sit where your seat is and there's no problem.

4 hours ago, baz said:

Squirrelhumper is right, sit in your allocated seat or it becomes a free for all. It isn't that difficult to find a seat regardless of whether you have been to a ground once or a hundred times. Celtic Park is the only exception that I've found when we were allocated seats in a row that didn't exist and the steward said "just sit anywhere".