Banned

Killieboyd

3 hours ago, baz said:

Possibly something to do with previous users who have been banned and their IP addresses. Looks like the Park Hotel is a no go area for the forums as there have been quite a few reports of folk being banned when trying to log in there.

that perhaps tells a story

3 hours ago, Killieboyd said:

Definitely not been banned before, I have been on this site since the 90s an have always behaved.  

The park hotel may ring true, as this falls in line with a recent visit for the Celtic game!

No no, it's a user who has been banned and had previously logged into their account on the Hotel's WiFi. The system sees the same IP being used and assumes it's them trying to login on another account. 

8 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Are bans issued to individual IPs or IP ranges? It happened to me on my phone when on 4G, but I got in by switching to Wifi. 

They are issued to a user, but my guess would be that some sort of flag shows up when an IP that was previously used by a now-banned user reappears. I can't see that deep in to the settings though so can't say for sure. Sounds like it might be IP ranges when you say that though.

Happened to me when I tried to log in over a hotel WiFi in Coventry two weeks ago, but I could log in over 4G if I disconnected from the WiFi. I’ve been to the same hotel before, but never been banned. I doubt it’s a hotbed of Killiefc.com activity to be honest, but clearly it’s not impossible that some git has been there ...

21 hours ago, CSI Kilmarnock said:

Happened to me when I tried to log in over a hotel WiFi in Coventry two weeks ago, but I could log in over 4G if I disconnected from the WiFi. I’ve been to the same hotel before, but never been banned. I doubt it’s a hotbed of Killiefc.com activity to be honest, but clearly it’s not impossible that some git has been there ...

Coventry eh? I bet I can guess who was wanking himself silly over stella artois, hotel dinners and Killiefc.com trolling.

On 10/9/2018 at 7:20 PM, CSI Kilmarnock said:

Ha, why doesn't that surprise me9_9