Kilmarnock Poppy Pins

Wrangodog

I will be donating but I won't be wearing a poppy. Don't need to shout out that I am supporting servicemen. Whole thing has turned political and been hijacked by Unionists, UK government & worse of all Rangers fans. I would rather our country supported injured servicemen than them having to rely on charity. Listen youngsters if you join the services & are injured, disabled this UK government will do what they have always done & ignore you.

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

Just one question, who glamourises war or the military? It is different to be proud of the bravery shown by soldiers, sailors and airmen for the wars of the past, and the word glamour tbh, having seen the effects of war on our service personnel I can confirm there is little or no glamour.

Rather than harp on and on about the mistakes of the past I would much prefer we stopped fighting and engaging in new wars.We occupy other countries and send soldiers away to occupy foreign lands where we do not like the current regime. The British Legion send around pictures of "our boys" who have been injured in some far flung place that we have no right to be involved with. It is not my responsibility to look after soldiers, who were injured by doing what they signed up to do, but the responsibility of the government who sent them into such a conflict.

It should also be remembered that the red poppy campaign is purely to help british (and Commonwealth) soldiers. What about the soldiers of other nations and even the civilians,many of whom are children, who are victims of war?      

The red poppy has become a political points scoring exercise and is used to justify the current wars we are involved with. It is a show of jingoism and in my opinion glorifies and promotes war. 

White poppy for me again this year.

9 hours ago, Graeme S said:

You are obviously pretending to have no interest in a subject which would appear to wind you up no end.Take it easy mate,take a chill pill and BUY A WHITE POPPY!

For what it’s worth I wear a red poppy every year and make my donation but I don’t feel the need to debate it’s colour, exact meaning or my suitability to wear it every year.  

I absolutely detest the likes of the bbc etc insisting every single guest and presenter must wear one and not only that but make sure it is well captured by cameras. It is a personal choice and in our democratic society I fully respect everyone’s right to wear one or not. 

My frustration also comes from the exact same patter in the media, forums etc............

wont be long til James McLean is public enemy number one. Not that I’m a fan of him at all but he has the right not to wear one, his choice. 

As an ex serviceman I collect for Poppy Scotland every year since I returned to live in Scotland 6 years ago.

A few years  ago an old army colleague passed away in hospital, a close friend of his completed some paperwork and submitted it to the RBL in England for assistance with his funeral so he wouldn't have a paupers funeral.

He was informed by text that it was declined so we had a collection on our Regimental FB site and raised over £1200 + the Army Pensions Office gave £1500 towards his funeral.. it has made me undecided about the RBL as I always donated to them. Like wise with Poppy Scotland . The paperwork was returned about 4 months later..which I thought was disgusting..my dilema is do I still go along every year and Stand for hours in my Blazer with medals and beret on for these people as I believe the 2 companies are the same or do I not .... I'm still undecided 2 years later...

21 minutes ago, kilm53 said:

As an ex serviceman I collect for Poppy Scotland every year since I returned to live in Scotland 6 years ago.

A few years  ago an old army colleague passed away in hospital, a close friend of his completed some paperwork and submitted it to the RBL in England for assistance with his funeral so he wouldn't have a paupers funeral.

He was informed by text that it was declined so we had a collection on our Regimental FB site and raised over £1200 + the Army Pensions Office gave £1500 towards his funeral.. it has made me undecided about the RBL as I always donated to them. Like wise with Poppy Scotland . The paperwork was returned about 4 months later..which I thought was disgusting..my dilema is do I still go along every year and Stand for hours in my Blazer with medals and beret on for these people as I believe the 2 companies are the same or do I not .... I'm still undecided 2 years later...

I understand your delema  you have to do what you think is right for you and no one else.