Brophy

Bullitt

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

On top of getting that goal for us , hopefully the (late) call up will further boost his confidence resulting in a run of goals in next month or so

Beat me to it. Confidence is a big part for any player but for a striker the pressure is always on to score goals. Goals will come from Brophy hopefully this Saturday.

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Is it wrong to want him to just be on the bench ? Really can't afford an injury to Brophy, the remaining options up front for us is non-existent. 

It's the chance you take. If he gets game time and scores, he comes back a different player IMO and could be lethal for us.  We know he needs a confidence boost (even on top of the goal v accies)

Just now, killieboy87 said:

It's the chance you take. If he gets game time and scores, he comes back a different player IMO and could be lethal for us.  We know he needs a confidence boost (even on top of the goal v accies)

We know he needs a confidence boost ? That's a bold statement considering he did score against Accies. The only problem that I can see is the crap service he gets to give him a chance to score, plus nobody else is scoring regularly to take the pressure off him. Brophy will score given the proper service and somebody sharing the workload up front. It isn't confidence he lacks, it's the system and players round about him that are the problem. 

24 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

We know he needs a confidence boost ? That's a bold statement considering he did score against Accies. The only problem that I can see is the crap service he gets to give him a chance to score, plus nobody else is scoring regularly to take the pressure off him. Brophy will score given the proper service and somebody sharing the workload up front. It isn't confidence he lacks, it's the system and players round about him that are the problem. 

Behave. 

Boyd never always had good service but scored goals. Strikers have sometimes got to make their own chances.

Even at that, he has been missing easy chances when clean through as well this calendar year.

We cannot simply keep blaming other players for Brophy not playing well.

Surprised it's not Rory McKenzies fault Brophy has been poor since January out with a couple of single games.

13 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Behave. 

Boyd never always had good service but scored goals. Strikers have sometimes got to make their own chances.

Even at that, he has been missing easy chances when clean through as well this calendar year.

Surprised it's not Rory McKenzies fault Brophy has been poor since January out with a couple of single games.

Boyd isn't Brophy and Brophy isn't Boyd. Brophy isn't an out and out striker, that's the job that Boyd did. He needs somebody beside him to share the workload, like Boyd or Stewart did. Who has he got now that can provide assists or score themselves ? Nobody, so all the goalscoring problems are down to him. That's a hell of a lot of pressure on one player. Who is going to provide goals to take some of the pressure off him ? Sow has been out injured and Jackson doesn't look the part at all. 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Boyd isn't Brophy and Brophy isn't Boyd. Brophy isn't an out and out striker, that's the job that Boyd did. He needs somebody beside him to share the workload, like Boyd or Stewart did. Who has he got now that can provide assists or score themselves ? Nobody, so all the goalscoring problems are down to him. That's a hell of a lot of pressure on one player. Who is going to provide goals to take some of the pressure off him ? Sow has been out injured and Jackson doesn't look the part at all. 

I cant disagree with most of this post, however Brophy has simply not been good enough the past 11 months and most players dont get the support and leniency that Brophy has had. 

I keep wanting Brophy too succeed because of the effort and enthusiasm the lad has but the talent doesn't come natural.

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

Behave. 

Remember the season before Boyd finished as the top scorer in the league? Most on here had written him off as finished. Some of us said he simply wasnt getting good service. That turned out to be the case. 

For a striker, it's all about service. 

23 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I cant disagree with most of this post, however Brophy has simply not been good enough the past 11 months and most players dont get the support and leniency that Brophy has had. 

I keep wanting Brophy too succeed because of the effort and enthusiasm the lad has but the talent doesn't come natural.

Top scorer last season, international cap and back in the squad again. I would say that’s a clear indication of talent.

He gets the support he does because he’s a good player.

18 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Top scorer last season, international cap and back in the squad again. I would say that’s a clear indication of talent.

He gets the support he does because he’s a good player.

Most put on a plate by Greg Stewart or dead balls. A few belters in there too in fairness.

I'm not a statto so dont know exact numbers, but I'd reckon about 2 goals from open play this calendar year. 

He got service at times, decision making and product has been terrible at times.

I'll stop arguing here but honestly Rory McKenzie is the perfect example I keep coming back to because of the abuse he gets, but he has been at least 5 times the player Brophy has this year, and gets pelters every week

1 minute ago, Ngonge88 said:

Most put on a plate by Greg Stewart or dead balls. A few belters in there too in fairness.

I'm not a statto so dont know exact numbers, but I'd reckon about 2 goals from open play this calendar year. 

He got service at times, decision making and product has been terrible at times.

I'll stop arguing here but honestly Rory McKenzie is the perfect example I keep coming back to because of the abuse he gets, but he has been at least 5 times the player Brophy has this year, and gets pelters every week

Not from me. I rate both players.

I think Brophy is a good player just not a natural striker. His best tally for us is 12 and that included penalties and at least one free kick. AA alluded to the fact that Brophy was having to carry the burden of scoring towards the end of the transfer window when he was trying, and failing, to sign a goalscorer. The other problem is that we don't have somebody to create chances from midfield. A club with our budget will struggle to sign a goalscorer and a play maker unless we get lucky or take someone on loan. 

What is he then if hes not a natural striker? 

His decision making is shocking, tries to shoot every time he gets the ball. 

He played well against hamilton and scored a smashing goal, but the first half he gets the ball 25 yards out and curls the ball straight at the keeper when all he needs to do is slip in SOD and hes clean through.

Anyway, that's plenty fae me.

Brophy bashing is ok but criticising precious Rory is forbidden and will call for flags and songs to be sung at the next game. lol 

One is a Scottish international.

The other has played 200+ matches for us and still we don’t know his best position. 

There’s no argument who has the most talent. 

15 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Spot on. Hopefully the performance against Hamilton can kick him on again because he has had a poor year compared to previous. Formation has been a factor - conceded - but his movement and finishing have been simply not good enough. It’s in there and was seen a week or so back. Hope we see it more often over the remainder of the season.

25 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Brophy bashing is ok but criticising precious Rory is forbidden and will call for flags and songs to be sung at the next game. lol 

One is a Scottish international.

The other has played 200+ matches for us and still we don’t know his best position. 

There’s no argument who has the most talent. 

Not seeing a great deal of Brophy bashing on this thread, more fair criticism. But congratulations on once again getting a dig in at McKenzie. Your pathological dislike of him is truly something to behold.

1 hour ago, KillieFanInToon said:

Not seeing a great deal of Brophy bashing on this thread, more fair criticism. But congratulations on once again getting a dig in at McKenzie. Your pathological dislike of him is truly something to behold.

Don’t think I was the one who brought him up to be fair. 

I’m stating facts, one is good enough for Scotland, the other isn’t. Soz

27 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Don’t think I was the one who brought him up to be fair. 

I’m stating facts, one is good enough for Scotland, the other isn’t. Soz

People that McKenzie would be competing with for a start on the wing: an in form James Forrest, an in form Ryan Christie, Ryan Fraser playing in the EPL.

People that Brophy is competing with for a start up front: a player coming back from a lengthy injury, a player not getting a game in the EPL, a player playing in the Scottish Championship.

Not really a like for like comparison is it?