Brophy

Bullitt

9 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Unwarranted criticism? It’s about opinions but I’m not sure we can say that either brophy or Mackenzie should be above criticism. For me Rory is a lower end premier league player playing pretty well this year. He deserves his place on form but lacks the quality to keep his place in a top end team. He works hard but does not create or score enough to be a top 4 team starter.  He’s been a regular starter in the years we struggled but maybe used a bit more sparingly when we been flying. That seems about right to me. He gets my full support during games.  Brophy is a higher potential player that’s had a really poor year. The key stats for a number 9 would back that up. It’s natural if you go the length of time without scoring that some good, lifelong, supporters might question his position in the team. Particularly when he’s not creating either. Alessio did at motherwell. Hopefully he is turning a corner. But I think criticism - outwith the game itself - is fully understandable. We all have our favourites but some players are more vulnerable to criticism than others for sure.

He was a regular in the side the last 15 games so of last season, and just about almost every match of this season. Think that shows McKenzie is good enough for a top half club in the league.

1 hour ago, Skora11 said:

He was a regular in the side the last 15 games so of last season, and just about almost every match of this season. Think that shows McKenzie is good enough for a top half club in the league.

Maybe. After jones and Stewart dropped out perhaps. I’m not sure he would have been a first pick in our strongest line ups last year when we really were playing and winning like a top side. But I like him. He’s got a great attitude. He deserves to be in the current team. It’s about our ambition and expectation.

1 hour ago, andy123 said:

you know notSheffieldg about football. his presence in the dressing room took leeds up. Watch the documentary 

I know players that played with him at Sheffeild Utd all he did there was split the dressing room,  He was a hatchet man nothing more so I can only question what knowledge you have about football that makes you superior to us mere mortals.

13 hours ago, Garvis said:

I know players that played with him at Sheffeild Utd all he did there was split the dressing room,  He was a hatchet man nothing more so I can only question what knowledge you have about football that makes you superior to us mere mortals.

Not what Wilkinson and Gordon Strachan think of him. Usually 2 good judges of character 

Hope he has now turned the corner. Looks much sharper since hit low against st Mirren. Needed to be dropped and seems to have responded. Burke interview on killie tv was quite revealing with regards brophy. He was very direct in say8ng they needed brophy on it and implication was that he had been falling short. It’s an important role and recent displays show he has it in him. Thought his link play was as good as I seen for a long time. And he scored which is how he should primarily be judged.