Buddies away, Fred

CB

32 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Just reading back on this thread and I'm surprised about some of the comments on big Bright. His first start for us and someone who's hardly played any football this season, I don't think he was having a mare by any means but he's not a like for like winger for Jones...excellent in the second half when playing a bit further inside...ssc will help him improve his decision making I'm sure. A good asset for the side imo.

Bright was excellent especially 2nd half 

6 hours ago, piffer said:

That was horrific. No one at the races. Midfield easily beat. Defence in chaos. Strikers on a different wavelength and no service

I won’t be popular but thought MacDonald was at fault for the goal. It was obvious what was happening at the freekick but he was beat in the middle of his goal. They are target him at corners and his distribution has been pathetic. 

Bright has been anonymous. Offering no support to Taylor on the left and hasn’t faced an ageing back line up once and run them. McKenzie for him might be an option just to get the graft. 

Tish isn’t involved enough in CM. He’s the man to dominate in there but isn’t close

Looks like Dicker and Boyd coming on

From where I was sitting I had a very good view of the goal and I think the keeper was to blame. Positioned himself and his wall wrongly and allowed the guy the room to put in a wicked ball. He did have two good saves later on though.

We won the game on the strength of the 20-25 minutes after half time where we played some really good high tempo stuff. They had closed us down really effectively in the first half but couldn't keep it up and we blew them away during that period and then just closed the game out. With a bit more composure and better decision making we could have had more.

I wouldn't be too hard on Bright, it was his first start and I think he did enough to show he will be a good playe for us. 

Alan Power keeps putting in performances like that and he will be in the running for the player of the year for the league never mind Killie. 

Agree the goal we conceded was very poor and I don't think Jamie Mac will need any of us to tell him he was at fault but our second half performance was much better and what a goal from Alan Power we are a team who looks like they are never beaten and a couple of st mirren fans were saying to us that we are one of the better teams they have faced this year great times to be a Killie and fantastic support today !

Steve Clarke believes Kilmarnock showed their true quality in the second half during the 2-1 win over St Mirren.

Killie came from behind for the fourth successive game thanks to goals from Alan Power and Aaron Tshibola after Adam Hammill had given Saints an early lead.

It's the first time in the club's history that Killie have managed to come from behind in four games on the bounce but the manager wants his team to avoid this trend in the future.

He said: "It’s a bad habit, it’s a habit we need to work on and get rid of but it was good character again. 

"I thought St Mirren were really good first half, they got about us at the start of the game and disrupted our rhythm a little bit and stopped us doing what we are good at.

"We had a little chat at half time, put one or two things right and second half I thought you saw the true Kilmarnock team."

Alan Power started the comeback with his first goal for Killie, a wonderful rising strike which found the top corner.

"It was a good strike, Alan doesn’t get very many but fair play to him if there is a shooting session at the end of training he is always there hitting them" Clarke added.

"He normally hits them well and it was nice for Alan to get a little reward.

"The second one was good. When you’ve got good players then they make decisions on the pitch which sometimes work out. It was a clever quick corner and good ball to the back post and a good header from Aaron. 

"I can’t tell but the boys in the dressing room say it was over the line and the linesman was quite clear that it was over the line."

Killie host Hamilton next Saturday before ending October with an away trip to Ibrox on Halloween and the Killie boss is focused on the task at hand.

"I said to the players that it’s difficult to win four games in a row in the Scottish Premiership and we’ve managed to do that. 

"We’ll keep our feet on the ground, keep working hard with another difficult game next week against Hamilton.

"Nothing is easy. We’ll try and make it five wins in a row if we can without underestimating our opponents."

12 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

First 2-3 seconds of everything bright does is great; needs coaching though as decisions poor.

Looked a little tentative on his first start. But to be fair st mirren out battled us all over the park in the first half. Expectations of him were too high after a 20 minute “showboat” against Motherwell. Once he feels part of the gang ( his celebration at the power goal was muted) we’ll see him kick on. We have a proper squad now and he will have a big part to play whilst he is here.

19 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

There's no way the linesman could have seen past Boydie. 

Collum doesn't allow his assistants to signal anything other than offsides of their own volition, so Collum must have seen it was in and signalled to the lino. But as I wasnt there that is just guesswork.

41 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

Collum doesn't allow his assistants to signal anything other than offsides of their own volition, so Collum must have seen it was in and signalled to the lino. But as I wasnt there that is just guesswork.

It was the lino that called it as he started running back towards the halfway line straight away, signalling a goal, Collum saw him and done the same.

Been searching Kilmarnock fc into my twitter since the FT yesterday and al tell ye there's some noised up fans from other clubs all round the league, canny stop talking about us. So satisfying to see everyone annoyed at us doing so well, it's only going to get better toward the end of the season. Best team i've seen in my lifetime, i've seen some s**te times and i'm sure some of the older boys will have seen s**ter but this is our reward for sticking it thick and thin KTID this is our time !