Greg Kiltie

Craigie11

Could be a lot of potential upheaval in January. The loan deals for Ndjoli and Enobakhare expire then. JJ could potentially be sold to avoid him signing a pre contract or because he has signed a pre contract. Kiltie, Thomas, Frizzell all seem to be in the wilderness with the latter two hardly shining in the lower leagues. 

I trust Clarke's judgement so if this is true, so be it. Greg has been a great player for us, not least in the all important game vs Falkirk, so will always remember him fondly if he is moving on. 

As others have said, when he was our best player, it was in a poor team. It just shows how far we've come that he can't even get a look-in now. He's been very unfortunate with injuries, so for his sake I hope he can turn his career around, whether here or elsewhere. 

It's sad to see with a player that has came through the youth ranks but I think the major injuries and lack of game time that goes with them at a vital development age have hampered his progress, it's telling that he had a full pre season under SC and has still yet to get any real game time resulting in him no even making recent squads. In saying that he is still only 21, a loan for the rest of the season to the right team where he would be able to get a run of games would maybe give him a chance to prove himself 

I would only be happy with Kiltie leaving (use the word happy loosely) if Stewart was signing permanently. With JJ, Bright, DT23, Stewart and Ndjole all potentially not at the club next season, it leaves us short both in wide areas and in that number ten role.

It's baffling we offered Kiltie a two year deal to tell him he's surplus to requirements a few months later. If he does go, I wish him nothing but the best.

9 hours ago, piffer said:

Could be a lot of potential upheaval in January. The loan deals for Ndjoli and Enobakhare expire then. JJ could potentially be sold to avoid him signing a pre contract or because he has signed a pre contract. Kiltie, Thomas, Frizzell all seem to be in the wilderness with the latter two hardly shining in the lower leagues. 

At least Thomas is getting full games. Frizz got 10 mins Saturday. Another pointless move for him I fear 

8 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

If we're still in the top four I would be tempted to hang on to JJ even if he did sign a pre-contract, we're not going to get that much for him in January anyway.  If he goes I would imagine SC would want to hold on to Ndjoli or Enobakhare for the rest of the season.

Just found out who Jones agent is, no wonder he's not signing a new deal.

I'm a big Greg Kiltie fan but he hasn't contributed much for a while now and can't argue with the manager telling him he's surplus to requirements. 

When a new manager comes in he will judge players by what he sees, Clarke obviously doesn't fancy him for whatever reason and I can't see when given the chance that Kiltie has done anything to prove he should be a starter. I don't think running riot in a playoff game against Falkirk 2 and a half years ago would be enough to convince Clarke he should be playing. It is disappointing for the fans and obviously him but a move might do him good, I would have preferred him going out on loan but hopefully his career pushes on with his next club (if he does indeed leave)

I like Greg I think he is capable of playing passes that not many players in our squad can see. Injuries have killed him for nearly two years and he's currently not getting a look in. I am a big fan of him and what he has done for our club in some of the tougher periods in last couple of years. Unfortunately he's struggling to make the bench at the moment and by not going out on loan it means he's barely getting any game time. If you were to ask me though would I rather Kiltie or Stewart I'd have to say Stewart. Hopefully Kiltie can feature at some point in next few months or find an option elsewhere that he can shine. He's a good player to be not getting in match day squads. 

Still young and has new 2 year deal so may come back in,  rumours can be wrong

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Just cos you say FACT doen't make it any more correct.

Here's a fact, Kiltie kept us in the league 2 years ago and that is a fact.

Kiltie scored more goals in one game that season than Smith did his full Killie career.  And that's a FACT.

Kiltie more or may not leave but you're being incredibly harsh on him.

Hahaha you Greg Kilties dad? 

Kiltie was a great player for us... in a truly awful team.  I don't think we'll ever find out how he would have fared in a good team as I fear injuries have robbed him of that chance.  I certainly think he needs a move to have any chance.  Perhaps SC gave him the new contract as he didn't think he would land the quality of player that he did in the summer?

We seem to have a large squad with a good few players not getting close to match day squads. Killie unfortunately one of those . If SC reckons he can get a Greg Stewart or similar to play number 10 role then maybe better for Killie to move on. Really like him as a player but if he isn’t in the managers plans he needs to find a club where he gets a regular game. I am surprised we didn’t lose more squad players in the summer.