Greg Kiltie

Craigie11

In simplistic terms for a player to go on loan, three things need to happen - 1 The club want them to go on loan, 2 The player wants to go out on loan to another team and 3 Another team wants to take him.

For Kiltie this has not happened, so might just be a simple case of all three things not being met.

did we not have this same sort of thread back in August ----with so called rumours --but nothing happened then 

do hope Kiltie has a future at RP but he like fair few others need to be playing regular first team football both to improve his match sharpness and for development  -----surprised he has not been loaned at as yet especially after SC brought in players in his position in the last window

Poor poor decision if true. The players infront of him in the team are on loan. We wouldn’t be able to get someone with his potential in for nothing in the transfer market so we need to keep him for when the loans aren’t here. Loan him out for the rest of the season for game time then see where we are next year. No way he should just leave for nothing. Just think back to the play off against Falkirk and his two goals. A player is still I there....he just needs his confidence back after the injuries 

Where do we think Greg would play in this Killie side ?

I think we should look to get him out on loan and like Celtic did with Ajer dictate where he is to play, if he impresses then we have a good outcome.

First thing I always think is that we are not in possession of all the facts, discussions between him and the manager might be more about what Greg wants, and he is a sellable asset if someone wants to buy him.

On 10/24/2018 at 4:16 PM, Tilii said:

There are a few of our players and ex-players signed up to that lot. I like the fact that they also have a Motherwell player on their books that is called Liam Motherwell!

There used to be a Motherwell player called Willie Kilmarnock.

SC in the Record today saying that GK still has a big part to play in his plans. 

They thought about him going out on loan in August but couldn’t find a suitable club in time. He might go out in January if we still have strength in the forward area. 

On that basis, there’s no truth in the OP. 

STEVE CLARKE is adamant Greg Kiltie still has a big future at Kilmarnock.

But the Rugby Park boss admits he will consider letting winger Kiltie go out on loan when the transfer window opens in January.

Despite signing a bumper new deal at the end of last season, Kiltie, 21, has had just six minutes of Premiership action this season, and has not featured since last August.

Clarke said: “It is a strange situation for Greg. Before I came to Kilmarnock he was a big hero here. Then he picked up two really serious injuries in quick succession.

spoke to Greg back in August when I was shaping my squad for the season.

“But as we got to the end of the month I realised I might not be using him as much as he expected.

“We discussed going out on loan and getting some matches under his belt, but it was late in the window and he found it difficult.

“If we get to January we can maybe let him go".

But Greg WILL be a big part of Kilmarnock’s future.

“He has fantastic ability, and it’s important we look after boys who come through the system.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3416914/steve-clarke-greg-kiltie-kilmarnock-future-rugby-park-loan-january/

25 minutes ago, skygod said:

SC in the Record today saying that GK still has a big part to play in his plans. 

They thought about him going out on loan in August but couldn’t find a suitable club in time. He might go out in January if we still have strength in the forward area. 

On that basis, there’s no truth in the OP. 

Yeah i'll hold my hands up to that one,good to have it cleared up by the manager tho a strange one as it came from a very recent ex player of ours who said it came from Greg himself!

It's one of them I think where there is a player in there but the squad is so competitive at the moment you can't just play Greg for sentiments sake. 

I think Greg himself will be getting frustrated so if he can get a loan move it would be good for him. I would even loan him to another lower premiership team as long as he couldn't play against us. 

1 hour ago, Craigie11 said:

Yeah i'll hold my hands up to that one,good to have it cleared up by the manager tho a strange one as it came from a very recent ex player of ours who said it came from Greg himself!

Well, it may well have been a bit of Chinese whispers. It would seem he has been told to find another club, just not permanently. 

I don't know how these things work. Is the onus on the player or the club to find something? A bit of both I'd say. 

15 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

And now we have a leader

He puts rumours to bed

Greg Killie is the future

No more messing with his head

:2:

Yep, SSC kick THAT rumour squarely in the stanes and left it writing in agony and remorse on the ground. Pity it took 4 pages of "mah-mate-doon-the-pub-sais..." p1sh for us to get there :)

For me the real questions are how many players do we need in a first team squad and how many can we afford?

Leaving the second part of that aside.

I reckon its 2 or 3 keepers, 8 defenders, 9 or 10 midfielders and 3 or 4 forwards.

That adds up to (say) 23 guys capable of doing a job in the first team at least for a while.

If everyone is fit and available that means you're always going to have five not involved in first team squad on match day.

Keeping them involved, enthusiastic and confident is a real test of management and you can see from Manager's statement about GK just what a great manager we have!