Hamilton Match Fred

C4mmy31

1 minute ago, RyanM1869 said:

Also thought Jack Byrne looks a player! Seemed very confident taking the ball in tight spaces and spraying passes 

Definitely got an eye for a pass. Reminds me of Power - hangs back and looks for the ball, but plays slightly more offensively than Power, his passing looks key to that.

Would like to see him get a game or two, I just don't know who I'd leave out. Even Dicker can't force his way back into the team just now - what a problem to have!

17 minutes ago, RyanM1869 said:

Thought we started the opening ten minutes playing some great football with Bright going past Hamilton players like empty shirts! As the game wore on they brought us to they're level with time wasting, long balls and constant niggly fouls while going down at the touch of a feather! Thought both full backs struggled roday too! Hopefully the players are as frustrated as the fans and slippy g gets treated to a blue and white backlash midweek:hurrah:

Almost what I was going to post word for word. Bright and tish were hit pretty hard around that 15min mark and they weren't the same after that. Let's hope that was our crap game of the season and it's out of the way now.

A point is a good result considering how badly we played today.

McDonald was caught like last week but those balls are hard for a keeper as he has to wait to see if the guy at the front gets a touch ... did ok apart from that.

Both full backs were more reluctant to get forward than usual.

Centre-backs made a few mistakes and got away without punishment. 

Wide players who would run down the wing and kept wandering inside.. Very disappointed with Enobakhare and McKenzie scored but did buggerall else.

Central midfield pairing of Tshibola and Power were the only area that looked up for it today ... if only the players around them were on the same wavelength.

Front two were pretty anonymous with the exception of Brophy's volley in the first half.

1 hour ago, red_dug said:

Day made bearable watching the young team smashing up a hamilton mini bus. Glorious!

You may want to contribute to their fine then, as they had been caught by the Police by the time I passed.

the bus was just a short distance further down the road couldn’t see the damage to the bus.

two kids no more than 15, had been lifted or were about to be.

those from the mini bus looked like genuine fans, Male and females older genetration with colours on, seemed shaken up.

oh and Stewart head butt was a shocker, very lucky boy, hope cameras did not pick it up. 

As far as Stewart is concerned talk of a 3 game ban is ludicrous. The ball was nowhere near him and the right back tried to haul him down and stop the play when we were on the break. Ref spoke to them both nothing in it...also missed Imrie leading with the elbow on Rory so if Stewart gets cited so should he

Edited by heynow2005

Didn’t look like a head-butt to me and I was ten yards from the incident. If referee had taken any action it would have been a yellow for both. Certainly no three game ban incoming. 

Accies more than worthy of a point despite their anti football they still created the far better chances. I’ve forgotten how it felt to have a bad result like that... hopefully that’s the kick up the arse the players need before three very big games. 

9 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Didn’t look like a head-butt to me and I was ten yards from the incident. If referee had taken any action it would have been a yellow for both. Certainly no three game ban incoming. 

Accies more than worthy of a point despite their anti football they still created the far better chances. I’ve forgotten how it felt to have a bad result like that... hopefully that’s the kick up the arse the players need before three very big games. 

Stewart definately went in with the head...camera right next to them....be amazed if a ban doesn't follow given recent events!

Really poor team performance but just goes to show how far we’ve come that we’re disappointed by a point. The defence as a whole looked shaky. Both full backs had off days and I’ve never seen SOD waste so many passes before. Taylor got caught/almost got caught several times,and Scott Boyd was lucky several times not to get caught out for pace. The midfield didn’t really get going but Hamilton were good at breaking play up by fair or foul means. Attacking wise we never got going either(apart from the first 20 minutes)which is slightly worrying as that’s two games in a trot. However 13 points from 15 and hopefully get Jones and Broadfoot back for Wednesday. Let’s go again Killie.

38 minutes ago, Andy said:

You may want to contribute to their fine then, as they had been caught by the Police by the time I passed.

the bus was just a short distance further down the road couldn’t see the damage to the bus.

those from the mini bus looked like genuine fans, Male and females older genetration with colours on, seemed shaken up.

oh and Stewart head butt was a shocker, very lucky boy, hope cameras did not pick it up. 

Hardly glorious

10 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

One positive of the day surely has to be the crowd. Over 5,000 for a game against Accies is superb progress. I don’t think we’d be far off saying that’s an increase of around 1,500 on previous seasons. 

31 March 2018   4,672
26 August 2017   3,706
5 November 2016   3,387
30 January 2016   3,076
26 September 2015   3,308

Disappointing performance and certainly didn't do enough to win the game. I think we had perhaps one shot on target and we scored with it. Thought getting the equaliser before halftime would have set us up but it didn't. Last week we blew St Mirren away for the first 20 mins of the second half but didn't manage anything like that today. 

Lack of width and creativity with too many players having an off day. A word on Bright - looked like he was going to have some game with his touches and control in the first quarter but then he faded badly. Was completely anonymous in the second half, I was very surprised he wasn't subbed. Power was the best of a bad lot for me today, he was still winning the ball and giving it to players in blue and white. MacKinnon should have seen red for his shocking tackle on him but the ref was pathetic.  

Shame we didn't get the winning goal that their outrageous timewasting deserved but it never even looked like coming. 

4 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Saw that too madness

The defender had two hands on Stewart and was pulling him back. Stewart tried to break away and the guy pulled him even more so Stewart stuck the head in his chest. Deserved to break his nose as far as I'm concerned. You play that way then you get what you deserve. 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Picture on twitter of broken windows on the bus.

Any so called 'fans' caught doing this should get lifetime bans