Gers Match Fred

C4mmy31

Just back and digested the performance. Draw was a fair result I think cos on top of Jamie’s saves from strikes outside the box, they also had two great chances from corners, Tish stopped one on his chest a yard out and I think a Sevco attacker stopped another header that looked goalbound. 

Stewart gives us so much quality in final third and worked his socks off. Great goal, always a threat and held it well up top. JJ is so important in relieving pressure by driving us up the park and he did a lot of hard work stopping Tavernier getting forward in possession. Tish was good and solid and retained the ball well though Power and Dicker seemed to outwork him. 

They are so reliant on Morelos it’s not true despite having a huge squad. Our fans were superb and outsung the zombies from beginning to end. 

Edited by casual observer

I reckon you could play that game over again 100 times and not have it finish 1-1. How neither team scored a second goal is beyond me. Rangers must have had at least 4 goalmouth scrambles each with about 3 shots blocked, missed, cleared off the line. We had at least 3 really good breaks we could have scored from - Jones' in the first half where if the ball is played inside instead of out past him, he's in on goal - Jones again in second half where he fails to pass it across goal - and Stewart five minutes from the end where he bears down on goal and had at least two opportunities to square it for what looked a tap-in. Maddening not to come away with the win, but equally couldn't have complained if we had shipped 3 or 4.

Ended up with a players' lounge ticket and ended up sitting with a Killie supporting mate amongst the zombies. I've sat in wrong end before at games but I wouldn't rush to repeat it. Weird being surrounded by them, watching our mob singing in the corner, unable to cheer or shout for fouls, bookings etc.

Very much got the sense that there's a feeling of "jury's still out" amongst them where Gerrard's concerned. The Morelos goal got a big cheer but other than that there was no atmosphere. Lots of moaning about Sunday. Growing unrest the longer the game went on, folk getting really frustrated, fans leaving in their droves with 10 minutes to go, booing and shouting at the end, then folk making comparisons to Caixhina. f**king weird bunch the lot of them, glad to be away from them. Couple of chances at the end where I think we were just going tonto if we had scored and suffering the consequences, hard not to get excited when you're breaking through on goal in the dying minutes of a match.

Thought we stuck to our gameplan quite well. Conceded too many chances, but set up to frustrate them and did that increasingly well in the second half in particular. Caught them on the break well when we had the chances. Thought Stewart up front in that lone striker role was immense, the £1000 used appealing a suspension we know isn't getting overturned is some of the best money we've spent this season.

20181031_200732.jpg

1 hour ago, BigYin said:

Really well organised disciplined performance. Restricted Rangers to long range efforts for the most part. Could even have nicked it at the end. 

Rangers TV is horrendous to listen though. Hugh Burns is insufferable on the radio but he takes it to another level there 

It's still better than the Aberdeen version, which is toe-curlingly awful. 

1-1 a fair result. Both sides could have won it. We dug in and defended very well. Findlay and Broadfoot superb as was Stewart who gives us genuine class up front. Brilliant footballer. 

I'm thrilled with our start. 21 points from 11 games is great. I can't shake the feeling that we still haven't quite hit our stride yet though. Honestly believe there's even more to come from this team. If we can figure out how to stop losing the first goal we'll really do some damage I think.

We must be absolutely horrible to play against and I love that. But we have quality too. We roll on to Sunday and we are very capable of winning. I really want us to score first because as a counter attacking side you'll see us at our best and someone will catch a 3/4-0 hammering off us.

Heady days my friends. Enjoy every single second of it. 

Jones was a weird one tonight again even from half time he looked tired or as if he was carrying a knock? Not sure, either way caused us some problems with a lack of aggression down that side. They are the games we need him to take control and show some class but never seems to

1 hour ago, Dillinger said:

I reckon you could play that game over again 100 times and not have it finish 1-1. How neither team scored a second goal is beyond me. Rangers must have had at least 4 goalmouth scrambles each with about 3 shots blocked, missed, cleared off the line. We had at least 3 really good breaks we could have scored from - Jones' in the first half where if the ball is played inside instead of out past him, he's in on goal - Jones again in second half where he fails to pass it across goal - and Stewart five minutes from the end where he bears down on goal and had at least two opportunities to square it for what looked a tap-in. Maddening not to come away with the win, but equally couldn't have complained if we had shipped 3 or 4.

Ended up with a players' lounge ticket and ended up sitting with a Killie supporting mate amongst the zombies. I've sat in wrong end before at games but I wouldn't rush to repeat it. Weird being surrounded by them, watching our mob singing in the corner, unable to cheer or shout for fouls, bookings etc.

Very much got the sense that there's a feeling of "jury's still out" amongst them where Gerrard's concerned. The Morelos goal got a big cheer but other than that there was no atmosphere. Lots of moaning about Sunday. Growing unrest the longer the game went on, folk getting really frustrated, fans leaving in their droves with 10 minutes to go, booing and shouting at the end, then folk making comparisons to Caixhina. f**king weird bunch the lot of them, glad to be away from them. Couple of chances at the end where I think we were just going tonto if we had scored and suffering the consequences, hard not to get excited when you're breaking through on goal in the dying minutes of a match.

Thought we stuck to our gameplan quite well. Conceded too many chances, but set up to frustrate them and did that increasingly well in the second half in particular. Caught them on the break well when we had the chances. Thought Stewart up front in that lone striker role was immense, the £1000 used appealing a suspension we know isn't getting overturned is some of the best money we've spent this season.

20181031_200732.jpg

Try working there!

Bounced back well from Saturday I thought, and deserved everything we got.

A wee bit of luck at times from corners, but unlucky with the deflection for their goal.... they had more chances, but we could have nicked it at the end.

Happy with the balance of the team tonight, allowed Greg Stewart to be back to his creative best...he leads the line so well. 
That  gers tv commentary though :o , never knew shug burns was so rabid..."get it in the mixerrrrrr" at the end was hilarious.

Once again though...YNTTK :hurrah:

7 hours ago, Dillinger said:

Very much got the sense that there's a feeling of "jury's still out" amongst them where Gerrard's concerned. The Morelos goal got a big cheer but other than that there was no atmosphere. Lots of moaning about Sunday. Growing unrest the longer the game went on, folk getting really frustrated, fans leaving in their droves with 10 minutes to go, booing and shouting at the end, then folk making comparisons to Caixhina. f**king weird bunch the lot of them, glad to be away from them. 

He has the same domestic record as Caixinha did at the point he was sacked (including a 1-1 draw with the mighty Killie in October!) . The Europa League is probably keeping him in a job. 

Here’s hoping they get papped out of that soon. 

56 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

He has the same domestic record as Caixinha did at the point he was sacked (including a 1-1 draw with the mighty Killie in October!) . The Europa League is probably keeping him in a job. 

Here’s hoping they get papped out of that soon. 

You seen the latest accounts? Doubt they could afford to sack him. And those numbers dont include the summers indulgences. 

Gerrard apparently has a worse record than Warburton, Murty and Caixinha ... no wonder they beginning to turn on him.

A £14m loss on top of the £6m(?) From the year before makes absolutely horrendous reading  .... especially when there is the square root of feck all to show for it !!

2 minutes ago, chubbs said:

A £14m loss on top of the £6m(?) From the year before makes absolutely horrendous reading  .... especially when there is the square root of feck all to show for it !!

They'll have to sell a lot of strips. 

They must have spent a lot more money they don't have over the summer with Gerrard, McAllister and all the new recruits. 

Just now, Prahakillie said:

They'll have to sell a lot of strips. 

They must have spent a lot more money they don't have over the summer with Gerrard, McAllister and all the new recruits. 

4 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Gerrard apparently has a worse record than Warburton, Murty and Caixinha ... no wonder they beginning to turn on him.

The next game against Tic us crucial for him. If they don’t even compete, just like they did in the last game, then he’s in big trouble. 

Longer term it’s all irrelevant as they are still living on credit and massively outspending. You can only get away with that fir so long. 

Fantastic result last night. Good to see a big travelling support sold out on a cold Wednesday night. Greg Stewart is a diamond, great find by Clarke. 

Rangers releasing a 14 million pound loss at half eight during the game was hilarious. They now have more debt than the other 11 teams in the league combined. Rangers media will be in meltdown, 

Hopefully can be competitive and see what we get from next two games.

Fantastic buzz around the club. 

11 minutes ago, historyman said:

The next game against Tic us crucial for him. If they don’t even compete, just like they did in the last game, then he’s in big trouble. 

Longer term it’s all irrelevant as they are still living on credit and massively outspending. You can only get away with that fir so long. 

Celtic will ride them rotten on current form.