Lennon

skygod

3 minutes ago, harley said:

PARTICK THISTLE gaffer Gary Caldwell has slammed Neil Lennon’s conduct after the Hibs boss was struck by a coin during the Edinburgh derby.

Caldwell said his former Celtic team-mate goaded Hearts fans after Clevid Dikamona disallowed goal.

Moments after celebrating his side’s break, Lennon was on the deck after being hit by the missile thrown from the home support.

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, the former Scotland defender said: “I think he brings a lot of it on himself.

“Whoever throws something from a stand should be ejected immediately but Neil Lennon was goading the fans as that goal got disallowed.

“As managers, coaches, players, we have to have a level of professionalism to not incite that and I think at times he does.”

Spot On. 100%.

5 minutes ago, harley said:

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, the former Scotland defender said: “I think he brings a lot of it on himself.

Ridiculous attitude and something that has been said throughout his time in Scotland, to explain bombs being sent to him, people fighting him in the street, now for daring to be hit by a coin. 

Only one side is in the wrong here. 

Scotland's shame right enough. :(

Edited by Prahakillie

2 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

Ridiculous attitude and something that has been said throughout his time in Scotland, to explain bombs being sent to him, people fighting him in the street, now for daring to be hit by a coin. 

Only one side is in the wrong here. 

Scotland's shame right enough. :(

Nobody on here is stating that he should be sent bombs or have missile's thrown at him. You are correct, that is Scotlands shame & Neil Lennon must understand that his behaviour at a game brings out the worst in these idiots. We have had players in the past booked or charged by the SFA for the "heinous crime" of cupping a hand( Ally Mitchell in front of his own supporters at Ibrox) to an ear after scoring a goal. Boyd doing the Sumo celebration at Pittodrie. The SFA call it inciting the opposition fans. Unfortunately Lennon does that in most games he attends.

Both incidents should be looked at separately. Lennons actions bring the game into disrepute & if he can't control himself at games he should be permanently banned to the stand. The Hibs supporter who hit the Goalie & the coin thrower should be banned for life. 

So I do disagree with you. Lennon is in the wrong. The other 2 mentioned above are very ,very, very wrong. 

if anything Lennon is good value for money to watch his antics, doesnt mean anyone should be pelting him with a pound coin.

I think he plays up to a bit of the pantomine at times, certainly doesnt have much class about him

tactially though he puts out a team that plays attacking and attractive football

I find Martin Cannings brand of football far more offensive than Neil Lennons arm waving

48 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

It appears he does it simply by being there. 

I'm sorry Praha did you see the pelters that Steve Clarke was getting from the Sportscene pundits & the MSM a few weeks back. Accused of being disrespectful to the SFA, Referees & everybody else in between. IMO he is the most mild mannered, thoughtful, respectful manager in Scotland right now. When do you ever see him ranting from the sidelines like Lennon. Lennon isn't entertaining now it is just feckin boring watching the same antics week after week after week.

13 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

if anything Lennon is good value for money to watch his antics, doesnt mean anyone should be pelting him with a pound coin.

I think he plays up to a bit of the pantomine at times, certainly doesnt have much class about him

tactially though he puts out a team that plays attacking and attractive football

I find Martin Cannings brand of football far more offensive than Neil Lennons arm waving

The style of football his team plays has nothing to do with his antics. You seem to be saying it's OK to jump around on the sidelines like a lunatic because his team sometimes plays good football.  

13 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

27 minutes ago, harley said:

The style of football his team plays has nothing to do with his antics. You seem to be saying it's OK to jump around on the sidelines like a lunatic because his team sometimes plays good football.  

im saying he doesnt have any class, his jumping around is more pantomine than anything and should attract nothing more than a bit of verbal back at him.

Im saying take that aside and as a manager in the league i think he plays an attractive style of football that is enjoyable to watch

Im saying Marting Cannings teams are the polar opposite of that and their style of play offends me more than Lennons pantomine villan act he likes to take on

and im saying that even though Lennon was doing a bit of goading there is no way its justified to be hit with a pound coin

the goading for me comes across as Lennon thinking he's funny, hes not, but he should conduct himself better

1 hour ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

im saying he doesnt have any class, his jumping around is more pantomine than anything and should attract nothing more than a bit of verbal back at him.

Im saying take that aside and as a manager in the league i think he plays an attractive style of football that is enjoyable to watch

Im saying Marting Cannings teams are the polar opposite of that and their style of play offends me more than Lennons pantomine villan act he likes to take on

and im saying that even though Lennon was doing a bit of goading there is no way its justified to be hit with a pound coin

the goading for me comes across as Lennon thinking he's funny, hes not, but he should conduct himself better

I agree with your statement about the type of football played but as a NI Catholic brought up amongst the bigots he should know by now that these type of touchline actions will incite the Rangers & sometimes worse Hearts support. To his credit he backed Celtic when they tried to get the Green Brigade to cut out the IRA songs. Listen, I bet you Praha me & others know exactly what he is going to get if goads Hun & Tarts fans. He just has to cut it out. By the way everybody goes on about Tynecastle being a great stadium with a great atmosphere, personally I think because of the stupid closeness of the stands to the pitch it is a Health & Safety & policing nightmare.    

6 minutes ago, harley said:

I agree with your statement about the type of football played but as a NI Catholic brought up amongst the bigots he should know by now that these type of touchline actions will incite the Rangers & sometimes worse Hearts support. 

Not sure why religion or nationality should be a factor. 

No other manager in the Scottish Premiership would have behaved as he did. 

Had he done so at any ground - well maybe not Hamilton, which is deserted - he would have received abuse. Not though, I hope, a missile thrown at him. 

Add the fact that it was a derby match which had had several flashpoints, played in a febrile atmosphere, it was crass stupidity to taunt the Hearts support over a disallowed goal. 

He didn't deserve it, I don't condone it and there were other incidents which the SFA needs to investigate before the next Edinburgh derby.  As a fixture, it’s tipping over from passionate to unruly. 

14 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

I think you have that back to front. It is the fans that have to cut it out 

Both need to cut it out, more so the fans but cmon Praha we know the nutters & should be banned & charged by the police. Lennon still has to cut out his childish behaviour. He is not a fan. He is representing Hibs FC.

5 hours ago, Joe said:

Tell me what's the rules if a player provokes the crowd??

A manager should lead by example, not the first time Lennon has come under scrutiny.

Still do not condone any projectile being thrown in football, but you have to be a bit more classy.

Like SSC, Rodgers & Gerard to name a few.

Why would someone doing a wavy arm dance and making a smiley face provoke you to do anything OTT, including throw a coin at him? What's provoking about it?

Fitba fans can lay into players or managers for 90 minutes, some of it absolutely vile and way over the usual banter - especially in Lennon's case, but he's not allowed to smile and wave his arms? Come off it.

I’d have Lennon as Scotland manager. Much more entertaining than the duds the SFA prefer. 

As for taunting huns and mini huns; if they didn’t spend so much time insulting him, maybe he wouldn’t feel justified in doing it back. I can’t get my head around the mentality required to think “yes we’ve just won the derby. I must taunt Lennon before I celebrate”. 

9 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Why would someone doing a wavy arm dance and making a smiley face provoke you to do anything OTT, including throw a coin at him? What's provoking about it?

I'm not a Hun or Hearts bigot & it doesn't bother me one bit. It provokes those f**king idiots which I'm sure you well know. If the coin hadn't been thrown I would still be saying that Lennon was out of order.

14 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Fitba fans can lay into players or managers for 90 minutes, some of it absolutely vile and way over the usual banter - especially in Lennon's case, but he's not allowed to smile and wave his arms? Come off it.

FYI I nearly had a fight with one of our own supporters at Dundee years ago when Dariusz Adamczuk was taking a corner & the abuse he was getting was unreal so I don't condone the majority of abuse that playes & Lennon get.

29 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

OK take it all back, his actions and conduct are perfectly acceptable.

We beg to differ.

Hes a polution