Lennon

skygod

I doubt alcoholics will be causing mayhem and murderous intent at St Johnstone v Livingston or Hamilton v Dundee games whether there is beer on sale or not, do you? If you want to get pissed before the game it’s really not challenging at the moment so introducing beer behind the stands will make absolutely no difference to the behaviour of the patrons. 

I can’t see the problem in giving it a trial run and I’m sure for certain fixtures the bars will remain closed if the police think it prudent. 

I watched Neil doing his smiling "calm down" thing in front of the Hearts fans and felt, based on the tension at the time that an "incident" was very likely to follow. Actually I had envisaged some crazed fan throwing himself at him. I watched the video in slow motion of Neil being struck by the coin and it was only good fortune it did not take his eye out. However I formed the impression, based on his delayed reaction, that a bit like Mackay Steven being elbowed by McGregor last Sunday, Neil decided to "make the most of it".    

Republic of Ireland international McClean also claimed the FA "turn a blind eye" to his "years" of abuse he has received.

"Week in, week out for the past seven years I get constant sectarian abuse, death threats, objects being thrown, chanting which is heard loud and clear every week which my family, wife and kids have to listen to," he wrote.

"They turn a blind eye and not a single word or condemnation of any sort."

Sounds familiar.  Footballers shouldn't be forced into wearing a poppy though, it should be an individual's choice. 

McLean, of course, was on the receiving end of verbal abuse from Broadfoot which resulted in him being suspended for ten matches, fined £7,500 and sent on a re-education programme. 

Details of the abuse couldn’t be divulged by the FA for fear of reprisals. 

At least he seems to have learned his lesson. 

20 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Republic of Ireland international McClean also claimed the FA "turn a blind eye" to his "years" of abuse he has received.

"Week in, week out for the past seven years I get constant sectarian abuse, death threats, objects being thrown, chanting which is heard loud and clear every week which my family, wife and kids have to listen to," he wrote.

"They turn a blind eye and not a single word or condemnation of any sort."

Sounds familiar.  Footballers shouldn't be forced into wearing a poppy though, it should be an individual's choice. 

They’re not forced into wearing one, hence McLean and Matic have chosen not to. 

2 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

They’re not forced into wearing one, hence McLean and Matic have chosen not to. 

Not actually forced, but there can't be many employers that prepare your uniform (strip) with a poppy already on it. McLean and Matic also received a fair bit of abuse for being the odd one out and not wearing a strip with a poppy on it. Teams never used to wear poppies on their strips but now they all feel obliged to conform. Don't get me wrong I buy one every year but I rarely wear it because I don't feel I need to.