Sheep match, Fred

lonewolfie

Absolute sickener today.

Boyd should have been subbed 15 or 20 minutes earlier - he couldn't run. I've no idea why it took so long to get him off.

The second goal came from Broadfoot needlessly passing the ball back the way to the keeper rather than moving it forward when he had the chance. Ridiculous goal to end up conceding.

Wee Burke looked right up for it but spent the second half doing his good work in the right back area. 

We can grind out results when we have Stewart and Brophy to take us up the pitch. Boyd was never going to give us any more than a nuisance presence today and he wasn't even that after half-time.

Not his fault - he's just done.

Edited by skygod

sorry to say, but sir steve stuffed that up today. tish should have been subbed 10 mins into second half as he was completely useless, and boydie should have been subbed long before the equaliser to give more pace on the counter

oh, and we really need a new goalie

Hopefully the kick up the arse we needed. Not been too great the last few games. We were definitely the far better team today, Aberdeen are a shadow of the team they were. Byrne and Ndjoli looked good when they came on and Jones looked more like himself. Sat far too deep 2nd half and let them back into it. Gutted to lose that but good signs for the future I think

Very frustrating. 

We we had the chance at the beginning of the second half to kick on but never took the grip of the game as much as we should have. First goal, fair play to the striker sticking his leg out but McGinn got inside and his shot off a wee bit too easy for me. Second goal, I’ve yet to see the foul but have heard it was a needless one. Jamie will be disappointed in himself conceding that, no idea why he set the wall up so large but I’m not a goalkeeper. 

Thought by their own standards Dicker and Power were poor on the ball, seemed more often than not to be a searching/hopeful ball rather than a good pass. Off the ball they did cut out a lot of angles etc though. 

Very disappointing coming away from that with nothing but we can’t win them all. 

19 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

So what IS the natural order of things ìn the SPL.  4th or 5th will be a great result for us, surely?

Fair enough mate. I just mistakenly took it as a humphy let’s settle post. I think there is all to play for, we have a great team, a superb manager, and I’ll be honest I think anything is up for grabs this season. You are correct in saying Celtic are going to win the league, but anything below is there for the taking. 

36 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Had a lot of unfair criticism in the past but just recently I feel he's been culpable for some of the goals we've lost. 

I don’t think his keeping is any dodgier now than it’s been at any other time. Difference now is it’s costing us points. Before, he was kept busier by our all round poor play and his good saves papered over the cracks. The same failings were always there though. 

Felt before today's game that it could be pivotal for both teams' seasons. With Aberdeen outside the top part of the league and not playing well and Killie dropping two points last week and looking to keep in-touch at the top it felt like we had a chance to really put Aberdeen and Hearts under pressure; make a real statement of intent with regards to being serious contenders for a top 3/4 position. I wasn't confident about today (not hindsight), genuinely felt things would go Aberdeen's way. 

With 5 pts dropped at home in a week, Aberdeen now have the chance to go third if they win against Hibs before we go to Tynecastle. Shame, feel we deserve to have more points. 

game we should seen out even when not on top form,,, dons were poor and both goals came from mistakes by us before hand ......free kick came as a result of our own throw long way from our own goal....instead of moving forward we went backwards and panicked 

overall thought we never kicked on when ahead .....second goal  and the game would been over ....Tish in that attacking role should been closer to Boyd but looked leg weary and with Boyd struggling we often had no one getting into the box even if  decent cross came in 

just hope Brophy is back for next week 

Feels like we won the game but got no points for it, can't really fault any of the players today thought we played really well and limited them to very little. It came down to game management today unfortunately cost us after a good performance. No point in getting too high or too low in November plenty of points still up for grabs should be motivation for next week !

Architect's of our own downfall this afternoon im afraid. Allowed them to get into the game in the 2nd half when we should have had them on the back foot straight from kick off. Tish was rotten & Byrne showed in his 20 mins the kind of urgency required to get on the ball & move it around quickly,he should be a certain starter next week. As for Boyd,he's a waste of a jersey now im afraid,offers absolutely zero & Ndjoli was far more effective. The winning goal came from going backwards from a throw in halfway inside their half that should have went forwards then 2 passes that both went backwards when there were forward options available,really poor decision making & put ourselves under pressure. Aberdeen are absolute gash & we gifted them that today.1st time I've said it but our manager got it wrong today but once a year isn't too bad so he's excused!! 

Tshibola slows play down too much and just doesn't show enough urgency for me. Swans about like billy big baws and disrupts our rhythm.

Boyd, his goal aside was constantly offside which was really annoying and again played into Aberdeen hands.

Also really pissed off that we lost 600 odd Killie fans from the Hamilton game... where did they go!? 

If I could take any positive from today it was that as poor as we were in retaining the ball and how we lost the game... we are a hang of a lot better than Aberdeen and should finish above them.

No one mentioning the poor performance by Madden today, both Ball and Shinnie should have both had bookings at least. Tshibola suffered after getting a clattering and although I thought he did ok, I reckon that's why he had to be hooked. Njdoli did ok but was at least 15mins too late getting on. Thought Power did the dirty work very well though, I'd have hooked Dicker rather than him.....

Broadfoot lucky to escape punishment late on for standing on their centre half........none of whom look Scotland quality to me, and neither is Shinnie......thought Shinnie threw himself down for the foul leading to the winner too......

Willie Millers smug coupon was infuriating at the end.......full Northsound treatment the day nae doubt.....

Hopefully the Wolf is back for Tynecastle.......

Frustrating as hell to lose to a team as poor as aberdeen were.

Absolutely no way we can break into the top 5 when we keep losing to the dons and edinburgh sides. Went on all last season and we've already pissed away 9 points out of 12 against those 3 this season.

I'd change the keeper for next week, not least as hearts will shell in high balls all day.