Sheep match, Fred

lonewolfie

12 hours ago, fraz65 said:

I’ve got no plans to read through the full thread to see what was said about Broadfoot, Findlay and Tish. Do some fans just look at the result and then scapegoat certain players based on their preconceived opinions? 

I thought that it was our best performance since the Motherwell game. We were really unfortunate not to get at least a draw and I suspect that if Stewart had been playing we would have put the match out of Aberdeen’s reach long before the 70th minute. 

Imo this is why we need McKenzie back in the team ASAP. Without a designated scapegoat we get this scattergun approach to apportioning blame. 

I was going to disagree that it was our best performance since Motherwell, but thinking back it probably was. We seem capable of putting periods of absolute brilliance together in most games but don’t seem to be able to maintain it. I definitely feel the team is playing well within themselves and if we do click for 90 minutes, somebody is going to take a pounding.

45 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Scott McKenna is average and his profile has soared because Willie Miller wanks over him with his media pals.

Stuart- I'm sure that it's entirely possible that you know more about judging a central defender than Brendan Rodgers, Derek McInnes and Alex McLeish.

It just seems unlikely.  

I've never watched McKenna play and thought he was a really good player. I know a few Ayr fans who weren’t impressed during his time there. When he plays for the national team he’s as big a bombscare as the rest of them. 

Theres obviously something about him because he is attracting interest from big clubs.

I think there is a wee bit of truth in what @Stuart says about his profile being enhanced by others. The media talk McKenna up all the time. He’s made errors but doesn’t get hung out to dry like others. It’s noticeable that the media aren’t trying to sell him from under the club. Over the summer they were pushing big time for McGinn to leave Hibs but there wasn’t the clamour to see McKenna leave. Articles on him seemed focused on driving the price up. I’d be interested to know what difference this makes. 

Yesterday was a sore one to take because we've almost forgotten what it feels like to lose but on a more serious note Aberdeen were rank rotten. 

I don't know why but even at 1-0 I had this horrible feeling we were going to lose, they seem to have that hoodoo over us (barring the game at Pittodrie this season). 

44 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Stuart- I'm sure that it's entirely possible that you know more about judging a central defender than Brendan Rodgers, Derek McInnes and Alex McLeish.

It just seems unlikely.  

Whereas when you have an opinion on a player it’s possible that you know more about judging that particular player than others. As for three managers mentioned they have all been guilty of signing s**te players.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I had the same feeling and when it went to 1-1 it had a horrible feeling of inevitability about it.

You could tell the free kick was going in before he hit it. We seem to lose more of these than it feels we should.

where was Bright yesterday? I thought he would have been a more natural replacement for Boyd.

As usual SC summed it up well 

He said: “We lost a scrappy game to two late goals which we probably should have defended better. “If we’d defended better we’d have seen the game out.

“If we’d shown a bit more composure in the final third then we could have got that second goal and put Aberdeen to bed. .....“That’s football. If you have as much control of a match that we had then you have to create a few more opportunities and get the second goal."

5 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Findlay is top drawer. Signing him permanently was the best bit of business the club has done this year.

Better than getting Stewart on loan? 

Im delighted we have Findlay in the team but IMO Stewart offers that spark that can take us to the next level

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

Better than getting Stewart on loan? 

Im delighted we have Findlay in the team but IMO Stewart offers that spark that can take us to the next level

I would say yes due to potential sell on value, but it was clear that had Stewart been playing we would have been out of sight yesterday, so both of these “signings” have been excellent imo

Genuinely gutted at the result yesterday, but looking at BBC stats Aberdeen had 60% possession to Killie's 40% - not sure which game they were watching. What was telling was that of our 13 shots at goal, only 3 were on target.

Given injuries, suspensions, etc there was some inevitability around the starting 11 but, as has been discussed on here, I thought Njdoli should have been brought on earlier [perhaps at half time] - he seems far more industrious and gave us more options up front. Agree that Bryne looks a decent player and hope he gets a start next week, when we go again.

Whilst it's never nice not to win games like that, there is a crumb of comfort that as Killie fans our frustration is around keeping our league position near the top of the table as opposed to the recent years when we've worried how we are going to find the points to climb away from the bottom.

Edited by Ravanelli808

43 minutes ago, Ravanelli808 said:

Genuinely gutted at the result yesterday, but looking at BBC stats Aberdeen had 60% possession to Killie's 40% - not sure which game they were watching. What was telling was that of our 13 shots at goal, only 3 were on target.

They defo had more possession but was usually in their own half.

We press the game and pick up scraps rather than pass the ball about aimlessly.

That said, it worked for them yesterday.

5 hours ago, Zorro said:

Imo this is why we need McKenzie back in the team ASAP. Without a designated scapegoat we get this scattergun approach to apportioning blame. 

I was going to disagree that it was our best performance since Motherwell, but thinking back it probably was. We seem capable of putting periods of absolute brilliance together in most games but don’t seem to be able to maintain it. I definitely feel the team is playing well within themselves and if we do click for 90 minutes, somebody is going to take a pounding.

You want another designated scapegoat? Some people are just so greedy!!

3 hours ago, Ravanelli808 said:

Given injuries, suspensions, etc there was some inevitability around the starting 11 but, as has been discussed on here, I thought Njdoli should have been brought on earlier [perhaps at half time] - he seems far more industrious and gave us more options up front. Agree that Bryne looks a decent player and hope he gets a start next week, when we go again.

Whilst it's never nice not to win games like that, there is a crumb of comfort that as Killie fans our frustration is around keeping our league position near the top of the table as opposed to the recent years when we've worried how we are going to find the points to climb away from the bottom.

Their keeper had more touches than any other player on the park.

3 hours ago, Bbk said:

You want another designated scapegoat? Some people are just so greedy!!

When I think of the word scapegoat, I associate it with someone being unfairly blamed for the mistakes of others. A goalkeeper standing rooted to his line as the ball trundles past him with routine monotonomy doesn’t fit that definition for me. Maybe you’re happy losing cheap goals as long as you can indulge your man-crush though.