Ross Millen

Graeme S

15 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Not sure. But think the passion more likely about the footballing road that took him to Tynecastle last Saturday. He was ready to chuck it after struggling to make ends meat out of the game. His dad had a decent career which adds its own presssure. Killie gave him a footballing lifeline. Only problem...he’s got the best right back in scotlNd ahead of him. As chance would have it, he gets a break with sod injury. He’s nervous through the first half but steadies. Suddenly as the game wears on, against the league leaders, on their own patch, he gets the ball 20 yards out....all the years of rejection and disappointment, uncertainty as to whether he’d ever get a chance in the game floods through his head as he ponders a shot at goal.....has he got the balls? A second later and it’s done. Near 1200 of the blue and white army a few yards from him. A moment in a lifetime....go mad my son, go mad!!!!!!!!!

Millen: The Movie

The guy has long term cult hero potential.  I thought it was amazing how much the other players made of it and joined in with his celebrations.  Chris Burke/Kirk Broadfoot = league title winners, internationals.  Aaron Tshibola = Aston Villa, multi-million pound transfer, international.  All recognising exactly what you're describing above, that this is a guy (who by all accounts has worked his baws off since arriving at RP) who just had what will probably (but hopefully not) be the moment of his career.  Absolutely love it.

What a team we are boys.

2 hours ago, Estragon said:

Millen: The Movie

The guy has long term cult hero potential.  I thought it was amazing how much the other players made of it and joined in with his celebrations.  Chris Burke/Kirk Broadfoot = league title winners, internationals.  Aaron Tshibola = Aston Villa, multi-million pound transfer, international.  All recognising exactly what you're describing above, that this is a guy (who by all accounts has worked his baws off since arriving at RP) who just had what will probably (but hopefully not) be the moment of his career.  Absolutely love it.

What a team we are boys.

The script is in...

20181115_114902.jpg

• Lroy changed the title to Ross Millen
  • 5 weeks later...

Any word on a contract extension for Ross? I think his initial contact was only til 31st December? Assuming he's not costing too  much he seems like decent back up.He is also a strong physical young lad which SSC seems to like. I do understand football(and life) doesn't work like this but I'd keep him for his goal at Hearts alone.

22 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Keeper should have saved his goal with all due respect.

Average performance. No more than a squad player. He’d have played more minutes if he was

He'd  have played more minutes if one of Scotland's right backs wasn't playing out of his skin for us and I'd think the vast majority of Killie fans wouldn't give a castlemaine  xxxx about your assessment of the hearts keeper making a James Blunt of his attempt to save the boys shot because it got us three valuable points!

1 minute ago, Bbk said:

He'd  have played more minutes if one of Scotland's right backs wasn't playing out of his skin for us and I'd think the vast majority of Killie fans wouldn't give a castlemaine  xxxx about your assessment of the hearts keeper making a James Blunt of his attempt to save the boys shot because it got us three valuable points!

Squad players are rather important and also difficult to find. Not many would be happy knowing they have little chance of playing but still turn up at training and give 100%.And in the case of RM i understand he isn't exactly earning a lot of money. Comments I heard from someone who knew him from youth days was at the money he is being paid it was him doing us a favour. Seemed to be popular among the players when he scored and after the game reaction on social media was very positive towards him from players and officials at the club.

4 hours ago, Graeme S said:

Squad players are rather important and also difficult to find. Not many would be happy knowing they have little chance of playing but still turn up at training and give 100%.And in the case of RM i understand he isn't exactly earning a lot of money. Comments I heard from someone who knew him from youth days was at the money he is being paid it was him doing us a favour. Seemed to be popular among the players when he scored and after the game reaction on social media was very positive towards him from players and officials at the club.

It also seemed that he had improved by the coaching he has been receiving, and while not SOD was a decent backup when he played recently. I would keep him till the end of the season, maybe he develops further and could potentially becomes a decent replacement if someone buys SOD.

4 hours ago, livvy said:

He's not been asked to step up often but when he has been he hasn't let us down. On that alone he deserves a deal. Shown himself to be a competent deputy.

Exactly this. At the other end of the age-spectrum from Scott Boyd, but a similar (and reliable) squad player.