And so it goes on.

piffer

Jack Hendry called up after Devlin pulled out. Hendry hasn’t started for Celtic in over a month. In the time I don’t think he’s managed 45minutes of first team action. 

What have others got to do to get a look in. Liam Lindsey was getting rave reviews before he left Partick. The move down south seems to have pushed him further out of the picture rather than bring him into the fold. Cooper and Hanley are both playing regularly at a high level in England. Our own Findlay is performing well. There’s a case for others as well

McLeish does seem to be losing it. He’s now going into two important fixtures with a random bunch

18 minutes ago, piffer said:

Jack Hendry called up after Devlin pulled out. Hendry hasn’t started for Celtic in over a month. In the time I don’t think he’s managed 45minutes of first team action. 

What have others got to do to get a look in. Liam Lindsey was getting rave reviews before he left Partick. The move down south seems to have pushed him further out of the picture rather than bring him into the fold. Cooper and Hanley are both playing regularly at a high level in England. Our own Findlay is performing well. There’s a case for others as well

McLeish does seem to be losing it. He’s now going into two important fixtures with a random bunch

This is frightening - he is one of the worst centre halves in the Premier league and beyond belief he has been called up again. 

Findlay and Broadfoot are both miles ahead of him but they don't play for the right club, so there is no way they wold have been picked.  

I always liked McLeish but I think he has completely lost the plot now.  Still hoping for 2 Scotland victories though. 

While I'm disappointed for big SOD missing out, I think it may be a blessing in disguise for him that he's not going to be associated with what I predict will be a shambles that won't end well for Scotland. 

I think the SFA are now going to reap what they've sown in removing Strachan and bringing in McLeish. 

Bringing in Bain is ridiculous and as said on here Henry is poor. Both of these guys would be nowhere near the squad if they weren't at Celtic. I'm actually surprised Celtic signed Henry. 

When you look at the squad now you really have to doubt they will pick up anything from these two games.
A far stronger squad was comprehensively outplayed by Israel.
Fans can complain about Strachan but there was no doubt that the players wanted to play for him - on this evidence that same cannot be said for McLeish.
There are way too many dropping out for it to simply be an unlucky coincidence.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if McLeish's reign ends abruptly after these two games.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if McLeish's reign ends abruptly after these two games.

What other ex-SevCo or Rangers RIP dinosaur managers are knocking about the dole at the moment? It would be armageddon for the SFA to consider anyone without those credentials. Stuart McCall? Fat Sally? 

3 hours ago, LH31 said:

Scotland is a shambles 

SFA w****rs getting precisely what they deserve for their mismanagement of everything in Scottish football from the grass roots up to the national team.

Sack the lot of them and disband the SFA and SPFL; and bulldoze Hampden while at it. Replace with a single, professionally-run organisation with no behind the scenes legal or "traditional" obligations or allegiances to SevCo and/or Sellick

1 hour ago, david mcbeth said:

SFA w****rs getting precisely what they deserve for their mismanagement of everything in Scottish football from the grass roots up to the national team.

Sack the lot of them and disband the SFA and SPFL; and bulldoze Hampden while at it. Replace with a single, professionally-run organisation with no behind the scenes legal or "traditional" obligations or allegiances to SevCo and/or Sellick

Best post I’ve seen for a long while.

11 hours ago, RAG said:

Defenders: Scott McKenna (Aberdeen), Andy Robertson (Liverpool), Graeme Shinnie (Aberdeen), David Bates (Hamburg), Jack Hendry (Celtic).

Robertson aside, that must be the worst defence in the history of Scottish international football.

Any defence with Matt Elliott in it. 

We also played against Norway with two Caldwells in the centre of defence. Bit like crossing the beams in Ghostbusters, you just don't do that.