Next killie player to play for senior Scotland team

Thebigguy68

Sod has established himself in the senior squad and likely to stay involved in foreseeable. Great that Jamie getting recognition, even if he unlikely to break into as regular. Who is the most likely of the current squad to be next to get recognition? Peo0le punting brophy but for me he needs to be scoring regularly from open play. Potential for sure but ways to go. I love GT and in recent times he would have been a good shout. But clearly his chances are limited right now due to competition. Greg Stewart has the talent imo. I think with the injuries and call offs he would have legitimate claims to be in for the next games. He’s not our player but with good form this season, he should be competing with Christie for the number 10 role. BUT my money goes on Findlay. I think he is getting better and better. If we give up with tierney at left centre back, he has a chance. I’m not as convinced as some with Souter or McKenna ( the latter could turn out to be a good player) and T the rate of progress Findlay may turn out to be the best of the bunch. Predict he’ll be a fixture during the 19/20 season.

Agree it’s most likely Findlay. I don’t see the SPFL CBs selected as being a lot better than him if at all. He’s enjoying a good run and is improving every week. 

Taylor a few years ago would be earmarked as the next big thing. He’s unfortunate that Tierney and Robertson are there and we have even more strength in depth for that role. 

Brophy I think has a chance of making it in the future. He’s unlucky at the moment with little niggles putting him out just as he’s finding his form. Didn’t get a break in preseason and got his injury recently. 

If Stewart continues as he has been going he will make it hard for anyone to leave him out especially if others don’t want to play. He’s creative and can find a goal out of nowhere. 

If Stewart hadn't been given that ridiculous suspension and had put in a couple of decent performances in the last two games I think he would have been called into the squad. 

Still find it amazing that Bryson didn't get a look in. I just want the two games to be over, McLeish to get punted and then the SFA show some imagination and appoint someone who has some ability.  Highly unlikely but I live in hope. 

59 minutes ago, historyman said:

Still find it amazing that Bryson didn't get a look in.

Bryson has been injured. I'll be surprised if he makes more than token appearance tomorrow.

It would be good for Scottish football if Findlay stepped up, since he was rejected at Newcastle and came back to Scotland rather than going down the divisions in England.

Edited by skygod

9 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

If Stewart stays beyond January I would not be shocked if he gets in.

Findlay, maybe, in due course. Not quite ready yet but getting better and better.

If Souttar, Bates, McKenna and now Hendry all worthy of call-ups then Findlay more than worthy. In fact I'd have him and Broadfoot before any of them. 

Admittedly I'm basing this on the Bates of last season, can't imagine any of us seen much of him this season, including McLeish probably!

2 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

If Souttar, Bates, McKenna and now Hendry all worthy of call-ups then Findlay more than worthy. In fact I'd have him and Broadfoot before any of them. 

Admittedly I'm basing this on the Bates of last season, can't imagine any of us seen much of him this season, including McLeish probably!

I think Souttar and McKenna are slightly ahead on league form but the gap is narrowing. 

The continual selection of Hendry, emergency or otherwise, is a joke.

Agree on Broadfoot: experienced, performing solidly in a well-drilled defence.

6 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I think Souttar and McKenna are slightly ahead on league form but the gap is narrowing. 

The continual selection of Hendry, emergency or otherwise, is a joke.

Agree on Broadfoot: experienced, performing solidly in a well-drilled defence.

Maybe McKenna I think he's got potential, never seen the appeal of Souttar myself. Totally agree about Hendry, he's been awful ever since signing for Celtic, which is the only reason he's getting picked. The lad needs out there as he's going to end up ruining his career

22 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

Maybe McKenna I think he's got potential, never seen the appeal of Souttar myself. Totally agree about Hendry, he's been awful ever since signing for Celtic, which is the only reason he's getting picked. The lad needs out there as he's going to end up ruining his career

Let's face it, none of these names we are discussing are anywhere never the level required to be successful international players 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

Let's face it, none of these names we are discussing are anywhere never the level required to be successful international players 

Agree totally. Scottish football is at an all time low. Well certainly since my time on this planet. I've never known so many call offs. Very sad . Ffs I'd run through a wall given the chance.

3 hours ago, Garvis said:

After the way he’s been treated by the SFA would you take a job from them ? Don’t think SC is daft enough to do that 

With all of the deficiencies at right back this week in SOD's absence, all it might take is an impressive few minutes on the pitch at the Boydie testimonial and SSC could put himself in the frame for a very late call-up for the Israel match. :2:

18 hours ago, historyman said:

I just want the two games to be over, McLeish to get punted and then the SFA show some imagination and appoint someone who has some ability.  Highly unlikely but I live in hope. 

Leave Big Eck where he is as long he is national boss there will be no talk of SSC for the job. I followed Scotland home and away for 20 years from the late 80s and honestly wouldn't cross the road to watch us now. We as a country are totally devoid of any passion or ability now to make any decent contribution at World or European championships. We are pish. 20 years of total mediocrity has taken a heavy toll on International football for me and many like me.

If Eck gets punted our manager will be in the frame to replace him whether we like it or not.

5 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Leave Big Eck where he is as long he is national boss there will be no talk of SSC for the job. I followed Scotland home and away for 20 years from the late 80s and honestly wouldn't cross the road to watch us now. We as a country are totally devoid of any passion or ability now to make any decent contribution at World or European championships. We are pish. 20 years of total mediocrity has taken a heavy toll on International football for me and many like me.

If Eck gets punted our manager will be in the frame to replace him whether we like it or not.

I feel the pain...and the follow on apathy...but the club versus county thing lies at the heart of th3 national teams issue. I was an active Scotland fan through 80s and more selectively in the 90s. I still care. And know how good a party it can be. We need to get a better balance between club and co7ntry. Both are important on the long run.too many have given up on our country.