Byrne

lonewolfie

8 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

So is the maximum 2 clubs in a season rule now null and void, or does it only count if you play competitive matches with the clubs?

It only applies to playing for more than two clubs, and Byrne didn't play for Oldham. 

I’m also unsure whether it applies to non-league clubs. 

signed for Shamrock Rovers 

“I played a couple of times for Kilmarnock this year coming off the bench, it’s frustrating when you’re doing everything you can to get into a team. They were getting good results and it was hard to get a start. I took the decision to come home and it’s the best thing for me....." 

16 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

signed for Shamrock Rovers 

“I played a couple of times for Kilmarnock this year coming off the bench, it’s frustrating when you’re doing everything you can to get into a team. They were getting good results and it was hard to get a start. I took the decision to come home and it’s the best thing for me....." 

Fair enough, family comes first. 

16 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

One of the only negatives of this season has been the almost complete abandonment of the progression of homegrown young players. 

It's a shame that game time was wasted on Bright and Byrne when Kiltie and Frizzell could have been continuing their development. 

If SSC thought they were good enough then they would be playing. He clearly doesn’t that and thinks he can bring in better players to strengthen the team. He sees enough of them to make the right call. 

On the flip side Greg Taylor has been an ever present and he has improved enormously in the last 12 months under him. 

I would rather have a winning team on the park than a young homegrown team that’s not good enough. 

52 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

One of the only negatives of this season has been the almost complete abandonment of the progression of homegrown young players. 

It's a shame that game time was wasted on Bright and Byrne when Kiltie and Frizzell could have been continuing their development. 

Disagree with that. It’s not a negative though it is disappointing thatour own youngsters aren’t making an impact at the moment. The transfer policy this season gave players an opportunity to impress before any major signings were made. The young players didn’t do enough to suggest they were the answer so SSC acted later in the window. We had a number of cup and league matches before the likes of Byrne, Enobakhare, Tshibola were brought in. 

Looking at it now Enobakhare and Byrne might have been a waste but on paper they looked like improvements to the squad. It’s also worth noting that the homegrown youngsters weren’t doing enough to displace them. I can honestly say I haven’t been at a game and though Frizzell, Thomas, Kiltie would’ve made a real difference today. Only when Stewart was suspended and Brophy injured did I feel it might have been handy to have Cameron in the squad. 

2 hours ago, fraz65 said:

If anyone is going to give a player a chance it SC. Kiltie and Frizzell just aren’t good enough these days. 

3 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Frizzell was never going to be a long-term option for us ... not good enough for the Premiership.