Dee home, Fred

CB

5 hours ago, Killiepie said:

Jones outstanding? Though he was pretty poor today considering the amount of ball and space he had. Final ball was horrendous today. 

You must be the guy behind me in the East who kept shouting at JJ "Do something".

Gave their defence problems all game. OK final ball blah blah but drawing defenders out of position and linking up with the 2 Gregs excellent.

I thought first half we were totally in control but Dundee could have scored 2 or 3. Stewart missed a great chance. 

Second half we really looked threatening. I have been frustrated with Jones a lot in last few months but he was really on it today. His running at players is so effective. He made a few poor decisions of choice of pass but probably best I have seen him this season. Stewart is in a totally different league. He was dropping deep and playing passes and holding it up and running the show second half. His partnership with Brophy is very effective. Stewart could have easily had 3 or 4 today. 

Power and Dicker are so effective and we looked solid in defence. Think today's starting 11 is our best and it was great to see us take it up a gear and blow them away with a really professional performance. Looking forward to rest of our games this month and hopefully be there or there abouts come new year. 

23 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I thought first half we were totally in control but Dundee could have scored 2 or 3. Stewart missed a great chance. 

Second half we really looked threatening. I have been frustrated with Jones a lot in last few months but he was really on it today. His running at players is so effective. He made a few poor decisions of choice of pass but probably best I have seen him this season. Stewart is in a totally different league. He was dropping deep and playing passes and holding it up and running the show second half. His partnership with Brophy is very effective. Stewart could have easily had 3 or 4 today. 

Power and Dicker are so effective and we looked solid in defence. Think today's starting 11 is our best and it was great to see us take it up a gear and blow them away with a really professional performance. Looking forward to rest of our games this month and hopefully be there or there abouts come new year. 

"Totally in control but Dundee could've scored 2 or 3."

Do you read this nonsense before you post it? 

Was working today and only made it home for the second half “as live” on Alba. Felt we totally dominated with everyone playing their part. The attacking players get special mention but the whole team was so well organised and focused. How we didn’t score at least 6 I don’t know but I’ve a feeling it’s coming for a team soon. On the subject of Jones I felt he had an excellent half both going forward and particularly getting back into position defensively an area I think he’s really improving 

52 minutes ago, FTAD said:

He's not that wrong though.

We were by far the better team but Dundee had the 3 best chances of the first half ... we could have been 3-1 down at the break.

9 hours ago, FTAD said:

I stand by it. We dominated the first half with most of the play and had a great chance with 1 on 1. 

Dundee however through a few setplays could easily have nicked a few goals against the run of play in my opinion. Kenny Miller in particular was a sitter. Second half we blew them away. 

10 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Strange as it sounds, but Souley was correct, we dominated the game but Dundee had the two best chances of the half and should have been 2 up out of nowhere

I don't think for one minute we dominated the first half. I thought it was an entertaining match that could have been 2-2 or 3-2 at the break. The second half was a different story entirely and when we got going Dundee couldn't live with us. 

Surprised some saying that was JJ's best game in weeks as I thought first half against Hibernian he was far better and on the day unplayable. He certainly has been superb for months since his early season form dip.

A good win in difficult weather conditions and sets us up nicely for Accies which is definitely winnable. Of the next three matches, Motherwell away will probably be the trickiest.

I was jj biggest fan but his head had been turned with offers of bigger clubs he wasn’t the player we had last year but the last 5 games or so he is getting back to his best his pace is unreal it’s  just his final ball that lets him down but I wish him all the best if he goes we will really miss him when he does go 

1 hour ago, DuncanEwart said:

I thought it was a right good game of football yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love watching football being played in those kind of conditions.

Greg Stewart really is a joy to watch and it was great to see big Kirk score- I like those kind of scrambled goals.

You must be one of those “purists” they talk about.

I've just watched the game on Alba.

It's nothing short of incredible what Steve Clarke is getting out of these players every week. 

Dundee aren't a bad side but we completely put them to the sword in the second half. 

Chris Burke is our Robert Pires and Greg Stewart is almost as good as George McCluskey. 

On 12/16/2018 at 10:36 AM, lonewolfie said:

You must be the guy behind me in the East who kept shouting at JJ "Do something".

Gave their defence problems all game. OK final ball blah blah but drawing defenders out of position and linking up with the 2 Gregs excellent.

JJ was outstanding. The best wide player I've seen in my time supporting Killie who isn't called Chris Burke. 

We'll miss him when he's gone. He's been electric since the two match ban for diving. Perhaps a couple of weeks rest was what he needed.

Edited by fraz65

7 hours ago, fraz65 said:

JJ was outstanding. The best wide player I've seen in my time supporting Killie who isn't called Chris Burke. 

We'll miss him when he's gone. He's been electric since the two match ban for diving. Perhaps a couple of weeks rest was what he needed.

He also didn’t walk straight back into the team on a regular basis. That looks like it’s been good management by SSC as he has been excellent since then. 

I don't think this team would be as effective if we cloned Chris Burke and put him on the left. Similarly it wouldn't work with another JJ on the right.

The balance is spot on. JJ and GT's interplay is very, very good and CB's defensive work really allows SOD to motor up and down the wing at will. A solid, solid spine in the middle of our pitch (what can Alan Power NOT do? Scores screamers, breaks up play and the through ball to JJ was sublime!) and a front line scoring goals.

People can rightly point to JJ's end product and cite him having a poor game, while others can point to the work he does carrying the ball up the pitch, being a constant outlet from the defence, forcing the opposition to sit further back as intangibles you can't count (unlike assists or goals) and say he had an excellent match.

In a sort of similar way to Mulumbu last season, we won games perfectly well without him, but you can easily see he raises us as a team when playing. Hope JJ takes note of his circumstances when considering where to move to after Kilmarnock.

All in all, I'm delighted we're in a position to complain about whether or not our winger's final ball is lacking at the end of another professional performance that put us top of the league halfway through the season, rather than us talking about another collapse at the back and how we were routed 3-1 on our own pitch by a team that actually isn't that much better, but far more confident and hungry. It wasn't that long ago folks, take a moment to smell the roses up here at/near the summit.