Dee home, Fred

CB

Strange game ... we were in control of the first half yet could have been 3-1 down at half-time. 

Quick start to the second half saw us scramble an early goal and put all the pressure on them to chase the equaliser. 

Game opened up and with Jones running riot we looked like scoring every time we went up the park.

Everyone done their bit today and it was a well earned 3pts from a difficult match.

Just now, Killiepie said:

Jones outstanding? Though he was pretty poor today considering the amount of ball and space he had. Final ball was horrendous today. 

I thought he was running riot on the wing today for a change ... most effective I've seen him for ages. I do agree that his final pass/cross was as bad as ever though ... but he was going past players with ease .

4 minutes ago, chubbs said:

I thought he was running riot on the wing today for a change ... most effective I've seen him for ages. I do agree that his final pass/cross was as bad as ever though ... but he was going past players with ease .

He was a mixture of good and bad. Decision making still pretty bad but does cause defences problems. Should have had a penalty but stayed on his feet, so didn't get it.

8 minutes ago, chubbs said:

His left foot cross was brilliant in second half, unfortunately nobody had read it to gamble as he so often cuts back.

Feel like he should of had more shots rather than running into trouble but he has been shooting a lot less recently, possibly been told not to?...he had a good game overall. Always looks dangerous, even if it never came off.

Killie maintained our 100% home league record in December and returned to the top of the Premiership table with a 3-1 victory over Dundee.

Goals from Kirk Broadfoot, Greg Stewart and an own goal from Genseric Kusunga ensured Killie bounced back from last weekend's loss at Celtic Park.

Broadfoot was one of three changes to Steve Clarke's starting XI with Chris Burke and Eamonn Brophy also restored to the starting XI.

Jordan Jones played as though he had a point to prove against the Dark Blues, giving Cammy Kerr a torrid afternoon with a terrific display of wing play. The Northern Ireland international fashioned a fine chance only to see Jack Hamilton pull off a good save.

Dundee arrived in Ayrshire on a run of four games without defeat and they created chances in an open first half with Kenny Miller going close before Stephen O'Donnell's clearance looped over the bar as the home side suffered a scare.

Greg Stewart was on form against his old team but he was denied after being played clean through on goal by Gary Dicker on the half hour mark. Stewart tried to give Jack Hamilton the eyes but the Dundee keeper stood strong to save.

The home side remained patient into the early stages of the second half and they were rewarded as Kirk Broadfoot prodded the ball home from a corner to make the all-important breakthrough. Killie's number five showed great determination to get to the ball first and his sheer will helped it roll into the net under close attention of the opposition.

It was 2-0 after 65 minutes as Eamonn Brophy's teasing cross from the right was touched into his own net by Kusunga to leave Hamilton helpless.

The cushion led to some more free-flowing football for Killie as Jones, Stewart and O'Donnell started to find pockets of space with Dundee chasing the game.

And the third goal duly arrived as Andy Boyle was caught napping on the ball and Chris Burke stepped in before squaring for Stewart to get the goal his display deserved.

Kenny Miller netted a consolation goal in injury-time but it couldn't spoil Killie's day in horrible conditions at Rugby Park as the boys in Blue and White went back to the top of the pile.

Kilmarnock: Bachmann; O'Donnell, Broadfoot, Findlay, Taylor; Power, Dicker, Jones, Burke (Kiltie), Stewart, Brophy (Ndjoli)

34 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Jones outstanding? Though he was pretty poor today considering the amount of ball and space he had. Final ball was horrendous today. 

All about opinions I suppose , but does seem JJ is too often criticised on here just for the sake of it.........yes his final ball quality is inconsistent but his pace and ability to stretch the opposition often creates space for other players as well as taking pressure off our back line 

BTW after the game SC said Jones had another terrific performance today .....

Edited by Scouser2

• CB unpinned this topic
8 minutes ago, historyman said:

I can’t believe this is how fans view Jones.  He ran Dundee ragged all afternoon. He put in a great performance. 

Agreed he was superb at times today. His final ball can and will improve as he is still very young. Unfortunately we won't get to see this. Be a huge loss when he goes.

Maybe we won't win the league but a top three place is definitely a target and as for JJ I thought he was a lot better today and I agree we will miss him when/ if he goes and what can you say about our two golden oldies Chris Burke and Kirk Broadfoot they are brilliant but so are Power , Dicker,SOD, Stewart,Brophy,Findlay,Taylor,in fact we really are a good team with an outstanding management team happy days!!!

There is no doubt JJ running at defenders causes a lot of problems to the opposition. However when you look at the highlights of the 2nd half he didn't make a single final ball pass which reached a Killie player. 

It's the aspect of his game he needs to be improving. He would be wise to look at the way Burkey is able to use the ball highlighted by his pass to Stewart for the 3rd goal.