Winning with a swagger

Thebigguy68

Last season was great under ssc. But we knew we matching physically and winning by the odd goal. We won few games comfortably. We are witnessing a step up when we dominating games and winning in style, particularly at home. We moving forward, stepwise. I don’t think we are going away and it will be only good teams that can finish above us. 

6 minutes ago, Caldow said:

We rode out luck today and that’s part of the game sometimes but don’t get cocky.

Yes, we conceded chances and would conceded more on another day. But how many could and should we have scored. As skygod suggest, Stewart is a different animal to ( the legend that is) kris Boyd. The partnership with brophy and 2 wide must compete with best ever 11. We are moving from a well organised unit that knows how to win to a free flowing team thart can pump teams on a given day. Believe.

14 minutes ago, Caldow said:

We rode out luck today and that’s part of the game sometimes but don’t get cocky.

Still, we’re gonnae win the league 

Not sure I agree that we rode our luck. Sure there were a couple of really scary moments in first but we were unlucky not to have scored a good few more. Two one on ones, Findlay just past the post, some decent saves by Hamilton, what looked like a clear pen etc. 

Edited by carpetfitter

You are not going to go through every game with other teams not having chances. On the whole though we don't give up many clear cur opportunities. Kenny Miller was offside by the way for that chance in the first half. Linesman had flag up. Most games we have a very high performance level. It is amazing to watch. Just want it to last forever 

28 minutes ago, skygod said:

The goals we scored were a bit scruffy - a scramble, an OG and a gift of a pass.

If we had put a finish on three or four of the flowing, incisive moves we had, everyone would have been raving. Brophy and Stewart could each have had hat-tricks.

It was like Livingston at their best!

Greg Stewarts link play and movement was outstanding today especially when he brought down the ball  and played a perfect pass to i think was greg taylor on the wing

8 hours ago, skygod said:

The difference between Boyd and Stewart, perhaps?

Boyd scored a lot of goals last season but Stewart adds another dimension, dropping deep and wide and linking up play.

I hope we can keep him after January.

I hope we get him tied up in a pre-contract in January! 

We're the top team in the league now, we need to alter our mindset to talk about who we can bring in, instead of who we might lose :)

10 hours ago, skygod said:

The difference between Boyd and Stewart, perhaps?

Boyd scored a lot of goals last season but Stewart adds another dimension, dropping deep and wide and linking up play.

I hope we can keep him after January.

I think Stewart will want to stay until the end of the season. Remember he had a couple of frustrating years at a Birmingham and Aberdeen. Now he is playing regularly and his game is improving all the time. 

What would happen if Birmingham get an offer for him in January, and accept it but he refuses to move? I guess they can recall him to put pressure on him?

1 hour ago, historyman said:

What would happen if Birmingham get an offer for him in January, and accept it but he refuses to move? I guess they can recall him to put pressure on him?

They can't force him to move against his will. They could recall him but that would only be to have an unhappy player training with the youths.

That's what he was doing before, having been told he had no future at St Andrews. Despite his good form in Scotland, I can't see Gary Monk backing down.

The worry would be that City receive a bid which appeals to both them and Stewart. In his position, I would stay at Killie and see what my options are in the summer. But you never know what's round the corner and the security of a three-year contract with a good club would be tempting.

Of course, Killie could either offer him a PCA or try to sign him from City. Stewart seems like an open, straightforward kind of guy who came to full-time football late and realises he's lucky not to still be working in the refinery at Grangemouth. Maybe he values being happy and playing over money. 

The truth is nobody knows what will happen. We can only wait and hope.

If we sign Stewart permanently I honestly believe it will be one of our greatest signings of all time. 

Yeah he's got skill and moves well. But much more than that he's got a good work rate, works really well in a unit, amd has formed an excellent partnership with Brophy (and indeed has been a big part in Brophy improving yet more this year). He seems to really enjoy being here. His goal a few weeks ago where he didn't bother celebrating but rushed to Burke to praise him for the pass through said a lot about the type of guy he is. 

3 minutes ago, livvy said:

If we sign Stewart permanently I honestly believe it will be one of our greatest signings of all time. 

Yeah he's got skill and moves well. But much more than that he's got a good work rate, works really well in a unit, amd has formed an excellent partnership with Brophy (and indeed has been a big part in Brophy improving yet more this year). He seems to really enjoy being here. His goal a few weeks ago where he didn't bother celebrating but rushed to Burke to praise him for the pass through said a lot about the type of guy he is. 

I'd like nothing more mate. Unfortunately there will be clubs who will offer more money. Hopefully the board will be making moves to test the water at least.

22 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

He's already said he wants back up the road. His next club will be in Scotland. Rangers won't want him, Celtic won't, Aberdeen blew their chance which leaves Hearts, Hibs and Killie.

Of the remaining two only Hibs would worry me.

Right now rangers need the likes of him. Selic dont