Greg Stewart

2 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Stand by my comment that got slated a while back when folk were saying they would happily take Stewart back. He moved to our rivals mid season and has now agreed to join Rangers.... he can feck right off 

He is not the sharpest tool in the box, and sadly there are very few boxes where he would be. 

10 hours ago, Dillinger said:

Stand by my comment that got slated a while back when folk were saying they would happily take Stewart back. He moved to our rivals mid season and has now agreed to join Rangers.... he can feck right off 

He has fekked right off. 

I would bet that if the opportunity had arisen at the end of the season SSC would have jumped at the chance to have him back. 

Wondering just how much of this is paper talk. He'd be behind Defoe and whoever the expensive Morelos replacement is as a striker and I imagine they are looking at getting a more high profile number 10. Be really surprised if he plays. 

I'd have him back - still reckon the move wasn't his doing. Can't see him wanting another go with McInnes. 

I think he'll do well at Ibrox. Thier style of play will suit him, the Aberdeen style clearly doesn't as he's had two failed attempts now and we've seen the way they play recently. 

A good pre-season under his belt and played in the correct position I'm sure he'll find the form he showed at Killie. Had he stayed at Killie and continued the way he was he'd be in a better bargaining position wherever he was destined to go...silly boy. 

Piss poor from Stewart if he goes there. Absolutely detest rangers, they've done this for as long as i can remember, tap up teams best players, more often than not just to weaken the other teams rather than strengthen them. Just look at the hibs team of 06 to 07, had potential to mount a serious challenge on title if they kept that group together but then Celtic and rangers tore that team apart. Whittaker, Thomson went Rangers way and Brown, Riordan, Caldwell went the other.

For stewart it was a completely random move from him in january, why leave a team where you are flourishing and the team are also. It's a loan move so he should be getting the same money either way. 

You can't help but wonder where we'd be if he'd stayed the full season. We badly missed him after january. I fancy we'd have been comfortably third at least, possibly pushing for 2nd. It's a shame coz he was great to watch but now just another player to boo

Edited by PrestersKtid

Hindsight being the amazing thing that it is, I do wonder if he thinks to himself 'what if'.

If he hadn't gone to Aberdeen, how brilliant would his season have been at Kilmarnock? 3rd, pushing 2nd place? Scotland callup? Talked about in glowing terms, POTY candidate?

Now? Footnote in the dictionary definition of 'What Were You Thinking?'

6 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

Absolutely detest rangers, they've done this for as long as i can remember, tap up teams best players, more often than not just to weaken the other teams rather than strengthen them.

You can hardly say Stewart is one of Aberdeen's best players.

He can hardly get in the team.