Greg Stewart

I wonder if he regrets it now. I guess we’ll never know. Doesn’t matter to us as we don’t want him to be performing for a rival but disappointing to see a season start to stutter like this when he was potentially on the verge of something special with us and individually. Having said that he might well have more chance of a Scotland cap playing badly for Aberdeen than well for us.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:29 PM, Thirdwatch1965 said:

He's really setting the heather on fire at the sheep.

McInnes can't play him right. The same as before.What a donkey.

FWIW on the brief highlights on Sportscene he set up a couple of chances, including a sitter which McGinn skied. 

It looked like the kind of assists he was supplying at Killie so I wouldn’t write him off just yet. 

36 minutes ago, skygod said:

FWIW on the brief highlights on Sportscene he set up a couple of chances, including a sitter which McGinn skied. 

It looked like the kind of assists he was supplying at Killie so I wouldn’t write him off just yet. 

And that happened on the day McInnes actually decided to play him through the middle. Who'd have thought that might work... 

On 2/17/2019 at 10:28 AM, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Speaks volumes that McInnes said, "whatever you were doing at Killie, just keep doing that".

Doesn't know how to utilise him or even his strong points by the look of things.

i had a sheep talking to me on twatter the other night and he said the same, that they had the semblance of a system before stewart got there and it's all change to accommodate him. And funnily enough, it ain't working again. 

1 minute ago, Wrangodog said:

Just a random thought or something to back it up  ? 

I wish I did have something concrete. Just a feeling based on his interviews since leaving and his limited success at Aberdeen so far. I said on the Scottish football podcast when he signed he wouldn't score more than 5 goals from here to end of season and it wouldn't work out up there... with every week it seems more likely. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...