New Chairman?

Scouser2

Not sure if have missed any announcement ..but has it been confirmed as yet...or any indication as to who .....and when such an announcement is due?

on checking the "official site" have noticed that Jim Mann has been removed from the list of directors 

MJ was asked about this on an STV online interview yesterday. I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

He said that it would have been unfair to have appointed someone before the play-off as they would have become known as the chairman who took us down.  Sounded a bit tenuous to me - we're not  stupid and know who would really have been responsible...

They hope to have someone in place by the start of the season.

The rest of the interview was a bit boak-worthy, majoring heavily on the importance of benefiting from Rangers being back, how difficult next season's Championship would have been, and how other clubs should bring as many fans as Falkirk did.

Have a look at the Kilmarnock Community Sports Trust, set up after the bank deal, probably to comply with their requirement for community involvement.

Secretary : Michael Johnston (Surprise, surprise?)

Directors : Michael Johnston (How many jobs does one man need)

Mandy Bowie (Related to Billy Bowie?)

Ross Mathie (Token person to appease the bank?)

Phyllis McLeish (QTS connection?)

Every appointment seems to smack of self preservation or nepotism, whether it be running the hotel when we still owned it, hand picking the SLO,  the supporters and small shareholders representatives on the group which reports to the board.

Points to the new Chairman being chosen the same way.

What about Kenny Alexander from Kilwinning? He was reportedly interested a few years back. Been a killie fan all his days and was keen to invest a few years back. Heard MJ was the stumbling block on that one. If MJ goes, he may well show an interest again. 

7 hours ago, Lengo said:

What about Kenny Alexander from Kilwinning? He was reportedly interested a few years back. Been a killie fan all his days and was keen to invest a few years back. Heard MJ was the stumbling block on that one. If MJ goes, he may well show an interest again. 

Too busy building his betting empire.  His company just bought one of Europe's largest online betting companies BWIN, doubt he will have that time now.

2 hours ago, KillieReject said:

I've heard she is going to be the new chairwoman (though not from anyone near reliable)

I don't think she'll take the job on.  

She may no longer have the time to focus on "The Kilmarnock Community Sports Trust", which she is a director of. They might struggle to continue some of the fantastic community work they already undertake.  Remind me...what is it they do again?