New Chairman?

Scouser2

58 minutes ago, Riverplatekillie said:

Very very angry Alan,our club is a mess and some people who should know better are making things worse.

Yes it is but that's no fault of the supporters association. That's for the fans not the guys in charge of the club. I'm angry too but will back the men or women on the committee and the trust who are trying to change things at the top. Administrators do a brill job on this forum too.

On 5/31/2016 at 4:48 PM, Wrangodog said:

Should give the job to her husband, then we could continue the dynasty of chairmen with bizarre teeth.

It wouldn't surprise me if Phyllis McLeish got the job, all part of the MJ social circle.

I thought QTS were threatening to withdraw their sponsorship unless MJ left?

4 hours ago, DuncanEwart said:

I thought QTS were threatening to withdraw their sponsorship unless MJ left?

Look at the date on my post that you've quoted, May 2016.  McLeish threatened to withdraw sponsorship nearly six months later.

If I could see that far into the future I'd be the chairman with my lottery winnings.

:$ whoops! 

I thought there was something a bit off about this story and that explains it. Thanks. I wasn't having a go, merely a bit confused: I genuinely didn't realise the OP was nearly a year old! Long day, very tired, getting old etc etc. Sorry.

Edited by DuncanEwart

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Asked the SLO and there is no news regarding an appointment. The AGM will take place in May, shareholders will be advised directly. Whether that means directly as in soon, or directly to the shareholders, is anybody's guess.

I'm astonished the SLO managed even to pass the time of day to a fellow fan.

54 minutes ago, plunkit said:

A company is not required to have a Chairman by law.

This is indeed the case, but its not good working practice, and it gives the impression of a rudderless vessel when we need real leadership. If Fleeting were still the chairman and the trust in Killie thing had launched and the club were going to benefit, he would be in every newspaper the next day extolling its virtues and pleading with fans to sign up. The silence from our club board, as has become the case of late, is deafening. Billy Bowie is quick enough to splash his name over all the advertising hoardings when the matches are being televised, would it hurt for him to put a tweet out saying he thinks its a great initiative and he's right behind it? You'd think someone had a gun to their head the way they go on. The trust don't have guns do they? I can't believe that the SLO wasn't even at the launch, this is one of the biggest fan initiatives of all time and he's a no-show? I take that back, I can believe he wasn't there, but he should be sacked off for blanking it. Got to try and look on the bright side a wee bit, having no chairman is infinitely still better than having Johnston in the job.

3 hours ago, rb_506 said:

This is indeed the case, but its not good working practice, and it gives the impression of a rudderless vessel when we need real leadership. If Fleeting were still the chairman and the trust in Killie thing had launched and the club were going to benefit, he would be in every newspaper the next day extolling its virtues and pleading with fans to sign up. The silence from our club board, as has become the case of late, is deafening. Billy Bowie is quick enough to splash his name over all the advertising hoardings when the matches are being televised, would it hurt for him to put a tweet out saying he thinks its a great initiative and he's right behind it? You'd think someone had a gun to their head the way they go on. The trust don't have guns do they? I can't believe that the SLO wasn't even at the launch, this is one of the biggest fan initiatives of all time and he's a no-show? I take that back, I can believe he wasn't there, but he should be sacked off for blanking it. Got to try and look on the bright side a wee bit, having no chairman is infinitely still better than having Johnston in the job.

completely agree with your post mate, the part ive highlighted in bold, it has me wondering how much of a difference does it make to Johnstons control of things whether he is the chairman or not? hes still there, the club are mute, not one of them willing to speak up and like you say support the initative that was launched about 50 metres from where they were probably sitting at the time, no move forward on any of the above issues mentioned, it would seem whether the rat has the title of chairman or not he has them tied up in legal knots and they cant speak, either that or they are no better than him.  Petition handed in how long ago now? 2 of them stood there getting their pics taken, what happened after that ? im guessing the file was used as a coaster for a plate of salmon sandwiches in their Chairmans Club where they all like to play the big I am,

3 hours ago, CBFC said:

To be fair, both Billy Bowie and John Kiltie were at the TiK launch in the Sports Bar and spent time talking personally to fans.

Plaudits to them both. Which is more than can be said for the SLO. The fact that the person nominated by the club to act in a capacity to actively engage with the  fan base cannot even be bothered to attend the launch of the most significant fan led initiative that has the blessing of the club is frankly an absolute disgrace. He should be replaced by someone else ASAP. 

What is the point in him being in the role of an SLO? 

1 minute ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Plaudits to them both. Which is more than can be said for the SLO. The fact that the person nominated by the club to act in a capacity to actively engage with the  fan base cannot even be bothered to attend the launch of the most significant fan led initiative that has the blessing of the club is frankly an absolute disgrace. He should be replaced by someone else ASAP. 

What is the point in him being in the role of an SLO? 

Sorry it'll take some real actions from them before I start tipping my hat to them 

8 hours ago, chubbs said:

Kiltie and Bowie, despite any good intentions they might have had initially, are part of the problem ..... The SLO on the other hand has always been a walloper!! He didn't just kiss MJ's ringpiece, his tongue was so far up it he tasted his prostate!

jesus christ @chubbs i was just deciding whether to have a slice & blackpudding or links & egg in my Friday morning roll, i am now having neither and probably will avoid food until lunchtime or as long as it takes to get the vivid image you helped create in my mind thanks to your colourful descriptive :5:

giphy (65).gif

Edited by Sp3ckyh0td0g81