Sadly, if we are serious about a title challenge...

gdevoy

Just now, Graeme S said:

Our next league match is v Sevco so gotta hope for a red card or ten for them.

Why?  They really aren’t that good a side, be tight and organised and get right in about them, and hit them with a fast counter attack.

we need to stop thinking we are inferior to them and believe we are better.

7 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Why?  They really aren’t that good a side, be tight and organised and get right in about them, and hit them with a fast counter attack.

we need to stop thinking we are inferior to them and believe we are better.

I do agree but always good to have opposition weakened.

38 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

No score draw with red cards and injuries a plenty, masses of crowd trouble and ideally at 90 minutes the stadium collapses into a sinkhole swallowing up 50,000 mutants to give the rest of us a happy new year 

The SFA would launch an investigation and award both teams a 3-0 victory, and the red cards would be redistributed equally between Kilmarnock and Aberdeen. 

36 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Sitting joint top on points and third on goal difference would be astonishing.

More than astonishing as we are four points off top with one match to play!

Second place (behind Celtic) is a realistic aim at the end of the season. An open league with most clubs capable of taking points off the OF suits us - it's what we have hoped for for years to enable a club to challenge for the title. Consistency is the key and we are as consistent as anyone. 

There's no prizes handed out at the break. Keeping in contention and using the break to prepare for the cup and league run-in are what will serve us best.

Being realistic celtic will win the league, 2nd/3rd would be an incredible achievement. As great as it is being in touching distance of the top just now wanting teams we can realistically finish above to pick up points is madness. That said I think a draw would be a happy medium 

Edited by Killie lad

25 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

First place is pie in the sky stuff... what isn’t is second place. For that reason I was happy Celtic won today and will be happy when they beat Rangers. 

While I generally agree with that it’s also the case that if we had won the two games v Hamilton we would be joint top. If you look at our points total under SSC we are not too far behind Celtic. If we continue as we have been then we will be in contention come the split and then we are only 5 games from glory!

I usually want Sevco to lose these games these days but I’m hoping for a draw in this one. 

33 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

First place is pie in the sky stuff... what isn’t is second place. For that reason I was happy Celtic won today and will be happy when they beat Rangers. 

This is my view too. I also think if we beat St Mirren, we will strengthen the team in January with 3 or 4 new additions and a few fringe players moved on. 

Oh for the days we were hoping other teams at the bottom would pick up even less points than us..........now we are dreaming about European trips 

For me as long as we can keep up this excellent points per game ratio and keep enjoying this brilliant period under  SC  then at this stage not too worried about other team results ....but it is a bonus when we win and "rivals" lose so it's a ..pity they both can't lose this weekend