Craig Bryson

Craigieboy

1 minute ago, Brian1168 said:

So does your bed after your aiden mcgeady post

I live 30 mins from Carlisle. Carlisle Utd’s average salary is on a par with ours, roughly £55k a year. They play in league 2, the old  4th division. That’s the financial level we’re working at when competing for players from England.

8 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

.... we can't afford either. Reality dawns?

I think we are all realistic already. We are a medium sized club in a small country. We have had good players and not so good players. We can place ourselves as a club where players can perform with a view to making progress in their career.

Whether or not we persuade Bryson to come back now, in the summer, or fail with both options, isn’t really a marker for where we are as a club.

The "can't afford it" line does my tits in. Players at 32 years old in so many cases like to end their careers at clubs they started at. Money becomes irrelevant. Bryson has said he wants to end his career in Scotland and indicated at Killie. 

Hearts can't afford Naisy, Well can't afford McCormack, Rangers can't afford Defoe... need I go on?? 

Right! Start with the easy one - QTS were the "back of shirt and shorts" sponsors of Derby County, then sponsored the training wear.

I don't think they are currently involved.

Secondly, Bryson wouldn't be a replacement for Stewart - he's a box-to-box midfielder. Whoever said they couldn't see a place for him with Dicker, Power and Tshibola in the team - try telling that to SC! xD

Everybody who says how much Bryson earns and how we couldn't afford him: add up how much he must have earned in eight seasons in the Championship. If he wants to return to Scotland badly enough for the last few years of his career, do you think he'll be much fussed whether he's earning £3k or £6k a week?

What I can't understand is why Derby would want to get rid of him in this window. In the summer I can understand, but he's an integral part of the first team and they are very much in the promotion hunt.

Having lost out on a sell-on windfall for him, I think it would be fitting if he ended up back at RP.

Edited by skygod

Bryson would add a completely different dynamic to our midfield. We don’t have a runner who gets close to or beyond the striker from that position. Also notice at times the space we make and crosses we put between the penalty spot and edge of the d perfect for a midfield runner but no takers. IMO he’d be ideal alongside Dicker and Power in a three man midfield. 

9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

We managed to persuaded Alan Johnston to sign for us from Middlesborough when he was reportedly on £25k a week. Who's to say the circumstances for Bryson wanting to join us aren't along similar lines?

AJ wasn’t playing and just wanted to play, Bryson is most weeks.  But as Skygod notes earlier it’s largely irrelevant if you just want to come home and play football and happen to be a millionaire to boot.

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

Bryson would add a completely different dynamic to our midfield. We don’t have a runner who gets close to or beyond the striker from that position. Also notice at times the space we make and crosses we put between the penalty spot and edge of the d perfect for a midfield runner but no takers. IMO he’d be ideal alongside Dicker and Power in a three man midfield. 

Said a much earlier and some pellet gave it a down vote

22 minutes ago, skygod said:

What I can't explain is why Derby would want to get rid of him in this window. In the summer I can understand, but he's an integral part of the first team and they are very much in the promotion hunt.

Would have to be a plea from the player based on personal circumstances and even then seems a stretch. Who knows what gentlemen’s agreements take place. Think best we could hope for would be summer return but hoping. And may align more with tish departure.

Unless circumstances dictate that he needs to return for family reasons I can't see why he would return in January. Derby have a chance of promotion and a winnable Cup-tie on the horizon. Forget money, any player with ambition would want to stay with Derby until promotion or Cup success are no longer possible. 

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Then we would three guys around the age of 32 in midfield and no place for the enigma that is Aaron Tshibola. Still, it would give him the opportunity to watch three players show him how it's done. 

11 hours ago, skygod said:

If he wants to return to Scotland badly enough for the last few years of his career, do you think he'll be much fussed whether he's earning £3k or £6k a week?

I think this part comes down to his money management as before he went to England he was on pretty much peanuts for the most part. He might want to draw the higher wages for as long as possible

5 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Why do we always assume that rich players aren't interested in money? 

In the same way as rich politicians aren't interested in money. 

They are always doing the job for the good of the country. 

It is better if rich people do it because chances of corruption and self-interest are reduced, 

If Bryson is interested in maximising his income for the rest of his career, he won't be returning to Scotland. Plenty of wealthy players squeeze the last financial drop out of their careers.

There would be Championship clubs in England who would take him.

But if he wants to return to Scotland as badly as the rumours suggest, he would have to take a hit. Where he chooses would dictate the magnitude of that hit.

3 hours ago, skygod said:

If Bryson is interested in maximising his income for the rest of his career, he won't be returning to Scotland. Plenty of wealthy players squeeze the last financial drop out of their careers.

There would be Championship clubs in England who would take him.

But if he wants to return to Scotland as badly as the rumours suggest, he would have to take a hit. Where he chooses would dictate the magnitude of that hit.

It is an ambitious thought to expect the return of CB to RP for the start of next season. Still anything is possible as they say.

When JJ brought him to RP  I was at that time living in EK, and was just across the local park from where CB lived .His mother did not have good health, yet she was always at every home game to see him play, and he would always acknowledge her presence at the start and the end of every game.

Another factor that may influence any decisions on this prospect is, do remember two of the main players in this possibility are SC and FL, old colleagues  from Chelsea's illustrious record under the special one.

So as they say anything is possible. If it did happen, season tickets would be flying off the shelf  and Killie loyalty would have a new bench mark,

4 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Why do we always assume that rich players aren't interested in money? 

At 32, Bryson won't be in the market for a big money contract this summer. It'll be on him to chance a contract at the OF, potentially not play, then retire, or he takes a slightly lesser wage than he'd get there, and be a key player for a team like Killie.

I doubt a team in the Championship will want him now, rightly or wrongly (wrongly), or at least they'd not be offering him nearly as high a wage

2 hours ago, John M Clark said:

His mother did not have good health, yet she was always at every home game to see him play

Soon after he joined Derby, he bought his parents a ground-floor flat which was more conducive to his mother's MS.

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, bute-killiefan said:

At 32, Bryson won't be in the market for a big money contract this summer. It'll be on him to chance a contract at the OF, potentially not play, then retire, or he takes a slightly lesser wage than he'd get there, and be a key player for a team like Killie.

I doubt a team in the Championship will want him now, rightly or wrongly (wrongly), or at least they'd not be offering him nearly as high a wage

Given that he has been consistently playing for teams in and around the play-offs for several years (and effectively won promotion last year) I am sure there will be plenty of teams in the championship that woudl be interested in signing him.

20 hours ago, Bullitt said:

The "can't afford it" line does my tits in. Players at 32 years old in so many cases like to end their careers at clubs they started at. Money becomes irrelevant. Bryson has said he wants to end his career in Scotland and indicated at Killie. 

Hearts can't afford Naisy, Well can't afford McCormack, Rangers can't afford Defoe... need I go on?? 

All 3 of the clubs mentioned have been in administration in the last 20 years so I’m not sure I would be copying their financial approach to be honest.