Stewart recalled

Need to try our best to get him permanently. I said other day wouldn't surprise me if huns tried to sign him to further derail our season. They cant compete with little old Kilmarnock despite spending £10m in the summer so resorting to their old methods.

Hopefully we can do a deal with Brum, this one will be much tougher for SSC to replace.

Been pondering over this since the news broke. 

Can't express how much(and most of us have tried) he will be missed.

I cannot for the life of me understand why on Earth we didn't make a Greg Stewart sized hole in the "budget" (term used loosely).

This guy as WE all know is different gravy. He's done things with the ball that I as a grown man and father ran home and couldn't wait until sportscene came on to watch replay after replay to find out what on Earth he actually did!!! (See, mad wizardry at East/Chadwick stand corner)

His contract up in the summer much like JJ and we didn't (that we know of) make a move?!

I hope and trust with every part of me that the big boss man has got something up his sleeve right now because my God do we need it soon. We've got such a big game coming up even after the cup one (which I think is a great target for us personally right now). How satisfying would it be to pump the Gers right now?! 

Bigger loss than JJ imo. Jones had value to the team but Stewart was genuine quality. A game changer and a match winner. 

Pits going to be tough to replace him. It was a surprise when we got him in the first place so finding that quality again will be difficult. 

This transfer window so far has been the disaster we all feared. 

51 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

We need to act quick, unlike the summer window. With our next league game against they bassards we really need any signings in and settled.

cash outs starting to become inviting before bookies become aware

This ×100. Lose the next 2 games and we can forget top 3.

Pissed about too long in august and it cost us points. Albeit we managed to scoop Stewart.

30 minutes ago, seedsy said:

Would folk be averse to lee erwin coming back. f**k knows what his fitness is like the now tho, and i know he isnt as good as greg stewart, but it is a direct replacement. 

That was my thinking when I heard the news. Still crap news to wake up to thoug

Stewart will be tough to replace like for like.

Thanks for your efforts when you were here Greg, your always welcome back.

Rangers signing Jones is an odd one as they are also trying to extend Ryan Kent’s loan. If they extend Ryan Kent’s loan would they sign Jones if we agreed to sell him? If they sign Kent permanently here does Jones fit in as they also have Jamie Murphy although he is injury prone.

This may not work out as Jones thinks which would be ironic to say the least.

I think Rangers signing Jones is more about them signing a player that has the potential to generate a transfer fee at no cost if he does well.

Could Rangers sign Stewart yes but only if  they can agree terms with Birmingham and the player. They could also sign him on a PCA given that his contract situation is the same as Jones. 

I expect to get shot down in flames by some on here (as is the norm it seems) for the next statement I am going to make but it might give some comfort that he isn’t a Rangers target. 

A fan of another club I know has very god connections at board level at Rangers. This fan and I were discussing Jones actions and the stupidity of them and he mentioned that he had had a conversation with a member of the Rangers board about transfers and that the comment was that “they were done”. 

I’m not going to reveal any more than that but the two people I am referring to know each other very well.

Things may have changed since that conversation but it doesn’t appear that Stewart has been a long term target unlike Jones. You also have to factor in Stewart’s age and the fact he has been down south and seen by some to have failed so his potential to generate a transfer for for his next club is less. 

14 minutes ago, Garnkirk20 said:

Gutted.....huge blow...interesting to see why he has been recalled.. 

Probably because he's been brilliant for the team he's been loaned to.  It's the risk you take signing players that way, but it's about the only way we can afford players of Stewart's standard unfortunately. 

16 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Rangers signing Jones is an odd one as they are also trying to extend Ryan Kent’s loan. If they extend Ryan Kent’s loan would they sign Jones if we agreed to sell him? If they sign Kent permanently here does Jones fit in as they also have Jamie Murphy although he is injury prone.

This may not work out as Jones thinks which would be ironic to say the least.

I think Rangers signing Jones is more about them signing a player that has the potential to generate a transfer fee at no cost if he does well.

Could Rangers sign Stewart yes but only if  they can agree terms with Birmingham and the player. They could also sign him on a PCA given that his contract situation is the same as Jones. 

I expect to get shot down in flames by some on here (as is the norm it seems) for the next statement I am going to make but it might give some comfort that he isn’t a Rangers target. 

A fan of another club I know has very god connections at board level at Rangers. This fan and I were discussing Jones actions and the stupidity of them and he mentioned that he had had a conversation with a member of the Rangers board about transfers and that the comment was that “they were done”. 

I’m not going to reveal any more than that but the two people I am referring to know each other very well.

Things may have changed since that conversation but it doesn’t appear that Stewart has been a long term target unlike Jones. You also have to factor in Stewart’s age and the fact he has been down south and seen by some to have failed so his potential to generate a transfer for for his next club is less. 

Don't let them get you down Mark. I've actually missed you on here.