John Kiltie Interview

a1killiefan

3 hours ago, Scooter said:

Looks like Kiltie's been sent out on a charm offensive... preaching unity in the boardroom before an impending EGM to get rid of one of their number?!?

Gies peace! A nod is as good as a wink to a blind man though, eh?

It's all those pesky supporters fault, causing disruption and demanding transparency!!

How many years now is it we've we been going round in circles trying to get rid of the parasite and get our club back?

Over a decade.

less a bungalow, car park, hotel, hospitality, pitch, 3,000 fans, umpteen businesses, pies, Young killie £500k in "legal fees", various managers, board members without a say later!

I've been reading these posts over the last few days and John is a killie man he took me to the killie games with my dad when I was a young boy also if you back him I'm sure in the end you will be happy he only wants the best for killie he doesn't fail in many things and trust me no one on here knows him better than me 

6 minutes ago, Help said:

I've been reading these posts over the last few days and John is a killie man he took me to the killie games with my dad when I was a young boy also if you back him I'm sure in the end you will be happy he only wants the best for killie he doesn't fail in many things and trust me no one on here knows him better than me 

I don't think that anybody doubts that he wants the best for Killie, so did Mr. Mann and Woodstock. It's just that we have reached the position where words are no longer enough to convince people. Only by removing Johnston will we be able to move forward.

15 hours ago, Help said:

Actions speak louder than words. We have been fed bull s**t for years from the board ,and nothing ever changes.
Why should we believe that it is going to change now?

Kiltie is not the direction any of our anger should be aimed. Guy seems to have listened to fans groups and made decisions based on that on a few occasions. We all know where the problem is. Don't let said problem hide behind anything. 

40 minutes ago, livvy said:

Kiltie is not the direction any of our anger should be aimed. Guy seems to have listened to fans groups and made decisions based on that on a few occasions. We all know where the problem is. Don't let said problem hide behind anything. 

I can't see any anger towards Mr. Kiltie in the posts. Frustration at the current situation, but not anger.

However, if he is making statements that there will be change and there isn't then there will be anger. 

58 minutes ago, findis said:

Actions speak louder than words. We have been fed bull s**t for years from the board ,and nothing ever changes.
Why should we believe that it is going to change now?

You really are a pain in the arse. Any positivity that comes out of the club and you decide to shoot it down. Can't you realise that MJ is a seperate person from other board members? You seem to treat everyone associated with the club as if they are MJ. No doubt once he's gone you'll continue your pish and talk of how he's stained the club and how it 'doesn't feel the same' anymore even though he's gone. 

4 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I can't see any anger towards Mr. Kiltie in the posts. Frustration at the current situation, but not anger.

However, if he is making statements that there will be change and there isn't then there will be anger. 

Where has he made statements that there will be change, out of interest?

11 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Where has he made statements that there will be change, out of interest?

Kiltie doesn’t want it to be for a day. Only the naive would suggest that cool waters of harmony have flown freely between the supporters and members of the hierarchy at Killie over the past few years but changes are afoot.

“Perhaps it’s something that didn’t always happen before but it most certainly happens now.

“People don’t know what we’re doing behind the scenes to try to make it work but we’re working hard. Supporters don’t see half the time what we’re trying to do.

“Transparency is very important for the fans and I understand that. It’s just unfortunate we can’t tell them everything that we’re doing but that’s common practice and people know that.

Edited by Wrangodog
Missing content

Gonna give the guy a feckin break! He's put a large sum of his own money into our club, he's only been there since August, September, who do you think it was that wanted to think out the box and bring in Clark? He will get his own stamp on the club if we give him our support - have a bit of faith and trust! 

9 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

You really are a pain in the arse. Any positivity that comes out of the club and you decide to shoot it down. Can't you realise that MJ is a seperate person from other board members? You seem to treat everyone associated with the club as if they are MJ. No doubt once he's gone you'll continue your pish and talk of how he's stained the club and how it 'doesn't feel the same' anymore even though he's gone. 

You don't agree with findis so automatically he is a pain in the arse? Where was the positivity that he was shooting down? There was none, equally there was no negativity...it was a par for the course statement which in effect said nothing and ergo could be translated any which way you like. Bland journalism to fill a few columns and we are reading far too much into it. We do have a penchant for hyperbole on here, both positive and negative, and we are all guilty of it. John Kiltie is one of the good guys, I have no idea how long he has been a Killie fan, I can't remember seeing him down the years but the guy had a business to build...and even at that, does it matter that much as long as he is putting the club first and treating the club with the respect it deserves and not as a pension pot? It's a major bonus if he's a Killie fan as well, which for the record I believe he is.

It goes without saying that anyone involved in the club's administration while MJ is there will come under scrutiny and be treated with a degree of suspicion, fly with the crows and all that. That doesn't of course mean that his heart is not in the right place (like Jim Mann) nor does it mean that he won't acknowledge the main problem and actively do something about it (unlike Jim Mann, at the time, although he is taking steps now). Our support have been kicked in the baws so many times now that it is very difficult to trust anyone or believe a word that they say. Surely we can understand the frustration and know it is borne out of experience?

Whether John can succeed where so many before have failed remains to be seen, my main hope that he can is anchored in the sheer numbers who now realise that without change things will continue to go downhill and at long last they are willing to do something about it. Sniping at each other doesn't help, again we are all guilty of that. Lack of information and perceived lack of progress is the main factor for unrest and believe me that it is doing my head in as well. Nothing is going fast enough, but we have to make sure that the root of the problem is gone and we are not papering over cracks, and that sadly is taking a long time.

BTW there is no quick fix here. The fans that have drifted away will be very difficult to coax back and the longer nothing changes the harder it will be. MJ leaving the board will be no more than a turning point, only then can the arduous task of undoing his legacy start.

2 hours ago, baz said:

You don't agree with findis so automatically he is a pain in the arse? Where was the positivity that he was shooting down? There was none, equally there was no negativity...it was a par for the course statement which in effect said nothing and ergo could be translated any which way you like. Bland journalism to fill a few columns and we are reading far too much into it. We do have a penchant for hyperbole on here, both positive and negative, and we are all guilty of it. John Kiltie is one of the good guys, I have no idea how long he has been a Killie fan, I can't remember seeing him down the years but the guy had a business to build...and even at that, does it matter that much as long as he is putting the club first and treating the club with the respect it deserves and not as a pension pot? It's a major bonus if he's a Killie fan as well, which for the record I believe he is.

It goes without saying that anyone involved in the club's administration while MJ is there will come under scrutiny and be treated with a degree of suspicion, fly with the crows and all that. That doesn't of course mean that his heart is not in the right place (like Jim Mann) nor does it mean that he won't acknowledge the main problem and actively do something about it (unlike Jim Mann, at the time, although he is taking steps now). Our support have been kicked in the baws so many times now that it is very difficult to trust anyone or believe a word that they say. Surely we can understand the frustration and know it is borne out of experience?

Whether John can succeed where so many before have failed remains to be seen, my main hope that he can is anchored in the sheer numbers who now realise that without change things will continue to go downhill and at long last they are willing to do something about it. Sniping at each other doesn't help, again we are all guilty of that. Lack of information and perceived lack of progress is the main factor for unrest and believe me that it is doing my head in as well. Nothing is going fast enough, but we have to make sure that the root of the problem is gone and we are not papering over cracks, and that sadly is taking a long time.

BTW there is no quick fix here. The fans that have drifted away will be very difficult to coax back and the longer nothing changes the harder it will be. MJ leaving the board will be no more than a turning point, only then can the arduous task of undoing his legacy start.

Kiltie: "There is a big togetherness at Rugby Park now – not just on the field but off it as well.

There is a big team and everyone is pulling in the one direction because that is the way it has to be.

“Perhaps it’s something that didn’t always happen before but it most certainly happens now."

This I think constitutes positivity ^

Findis: "Same pish as last year"

This  ^ I think falls into the category of shooting down positivity.

Which I think was the point Killieboykfc was making.

9 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

.So come on , tell me what has changed from Jim Mann's comments last year?
As for the last part of your rant, you don't know me from adam, yet you claim to know what I'll be saying when (hopefully) MJ leaves.Please feel free to back up your comment.

If MJ had either a single decent bone in his body or cared in any way about the club then he would have left years ago. 

He clearly doesn't and he is still there with his finger in the pie after setting up stooge after stooge to make promises that are never delivered. 

Sadly the fans could not get organised into a single cohesive unit in order to get rid of him and he has ruthlessly exploited the one thing the fans have that he doesn't - a love for the club.

I don't profess to know John Kiltie personally, but I happened to be in his and two "chairman's club" regulars company through my employment. It was about two weeks before it was announced he would be joining the board. In the half hour or so chat we had, he left me in no doubt that he thinks the sun shines out MJ's ring.