Killie TV

PillieKie

Watched the game in the South of France, excellent picture, no buffering, no pixelisation. But it was the Aberdeen set-up, which is why we had to endure the two commentators and their lovable bias. The Rangers game was painful in parts due to buffering and long frozen segments. Hope that was only teething problems.

38 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Scott McClymont mentioned the internet facilities at RP were a bit dated & needed updated for the KillieTV service.

Does anyone know if this was done prior to launch?

I’m sure they have and that’s what the delay was. They didn’t want to launch a service without the infrastructure being in place.  

23 hours ago, skygod said:

We audio guys are getting the TV commentary which is kinda useless since we can't see what's going on. 

I contacted the help address and they say that "Unfortunately yesterday one of the commentators couldn’t make it so there was a stand in for the day. The commentary team will be back together for the next match."

Watched the game from Florida yesterday and the quality was excellent on my laptop hooked up to the tv. I signed up for RedTv last year during the cup game, so knew what to expect regarding their commentary, but its still better than the OF's. Quality was okay during the Rangers game, with a few frozen screens and stuttering during the first half, but seemed to sort itself out after half time. 

Seen quite a large amount of people on FB and Twitter getting upset that its not available to people in the UK, without understanding that its broadcasting rights, plus the UK law preventing broadcasts of games at 3pm. Never understood the argument that if the game is on the tv then no one will go to a game. Whilst that might happen on a few occasions when its freezing outside and pissing it down, on the whole you want to get people hooked and then eventually they will make there way to the games. Me buying an album or watching a concert on the tv, doesnt make me want to see a band less, the opposite is probably true. 

My son got into watching Orlando City FC on ESPN and clips on youtube, so much that he pestered me to take him to a game. 

Anyway loving the killie tv so far. Sitting down at 10am to watch the games with breakfast and a cup of tea, so much better than trying to decipher whats going on via open all mics.

31 minutes ago, thesnowman21 said:

Seen quite a large amount of people on FB and Twitter getting upset that its not available to people in the UK, without understanding that its broadcasting rights, plus the UK law preventing broadcasts of games at 3pm. Never understood the argument that if the game is on the tv then no one will go to a game. Whilst that might happen on a few occasions when its freezing outside and pissing it down, on the whole you want to get people hooked and then eventually they will make there way to the games. Me buying an album or watching a concert on the tv, doesnt make me want to see a band less, the opposite is probably true. 

Same market isn't it? Your hardcore fans who go to games and those who consume a lot of football on the telly.  Folk can't be two places at once. Getting rid of the 3pm on a Saturday ban would only help the really big teams in the EPL.

Put Liverpool v Man United at 3pm on a Saturday live and football overall would lose money.  The cash generated from a single armchair game (at 3pm) wouldn't cover the loses of the other clubs in gate money, never mind it being a less equitable distribution of wealth.

Where I think the law is crap is when El Classico kicks off in Madrid at 5pm and you miss the first 15 mins - thats a bit OTT for me!

Edited by RAG

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KillieNomad said:

Is there a way to get the Killie commentary while watching live? Cant handle the last two away matches bs from the other teams commentators...

Appears the away games are just using the source from the home teams tv station at the moment. Hopefully the guys that do the commentary start doing away games too. 

2 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Appears the away games are just using the source from the home teams tv station at the moment. Hopefully the guys that do the commentary start doing away games too. 

Maybe I'm just biased but the Killie TV guys seem to be way better than the other club TV commentators. 

43 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

Is there a way of logging onto the site and starting the match stream whilst avoiding the result?

The 17:30 kick off means that it's on at 04:30 in Australia. I'd rather watch it later in the day. 

Doesn’t appear to be as within the first set of video links it’s got first and second half and just the goals but says 2-2 so ruins it. 

Just now, fraz65 said:

Maybe I'm just biased but the Killie TV guys seem to be way better than the other club TV commentators. 

Yeah seem to be. The Dundee guys were very biased but playing to there audience. The Aberdeen guys also welcomed the viewers from Killietv but warned they would try and be neutral but doubt it would happen. 

4 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Yeah seem to be. The Dundee guys were very biased but playing to there audience. The Aberdeen guys also welcomed the viewers from Killietv but warned they would try and be neutral but doubt it would happen. 

Aberdeen TV is about as impartial as Clint Eastwood at a Republican party convention.