Forfar Match Fred

C4mmy31

If you look at the story of Tshibola’s transfer to Villa, Reading actually accepted a bid of just £2m from Norwich a month before. That move collapsed but other clubs, including Celtic, were rumoured to be interested. 

Why the fee jumped so much so quickly isn’t clear. One known factor is that SC was the Villa assistant manager and, having managed Tshibola at Reading, he was “a huge fan” of his. 

The fee was clearly based on potential and, as other clubs were chasing him, it wasn’t just SC who rated him highly. 

Only one club though seems to have rated his potential as highly as £5m. 

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, historyman said:

Every time there is a discussion about Tshibola people make reference to this one single match where, without doubt, he was the best player on the park.

However, that is ONE game. Even excluding yesterday, where there is disagreement about his performance, how many other games can it be said he was man of the match?

When he is compared to Dicker and especially Power he is found to be lacking. That fact that SSC and almost all the fans would have selected the two of them before Tshibola in our best starting XI before the break days it all for me. 

These guys are almost 10 years older than Tshibola but they give us much more - they are good professionals who are dedicated to the team but that doesn’t look like it from Tshibola. The highest level of motivation from him came from his personal issue with Mulumbu - who by the way also gave us a lot more when he was here  

I was pleased when we resigned him as I thought he would push on and be able to dominate games but that hasn’t  happened. Whether it’s been a case of him getting too much, too young or he doesn’t like the way the game is played up here or he thinks Killie are beneath him he doesn’t look to me like someone who puts his all into a game. His level of commitment and concentration aren’t what they should be. 

He won’t be any great loss when he leaves in the summer. 

That's because it was a very impressive performance. He was probably motm away at Aberdeen and had a very good game v Hamilton also.

The issue here isn't about how good a player he is, it's the unnecessary hard time he gets. He was one of our best performers until his injury. After that he came in as a sub v Hibs where he was fine and v Livi where the ball completely by passed the midfield. That followed by a bad game against an absolutely incredible Celtic where he was playing off the striker which I'm sure he would admit isn't his strong point. Since then then some people won't get off his back.

Yesterday he rarely put a foot wrong, for me and others the best performer on the pitch, yet he's getting abuse for no reason. He's a link up player who is in the side to find the forward players by finding them with short passes, he did that perfectly. I genuinely think people can't get his price tag out of their head and want him to be an all round midfielder who does the defensive work, the attacking work, scores goals etc but that's not the player he is and that's not the role that he plays. A very good player, who does have the odd mistake in him, who deserves to be given the same chance as every other member of the squad.

He would be a big miss, it's been clear this season that one of our squads main strengths is having depth in the centre midfield position. I would be surprised if we could bring in another midfield option in budget.

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

That's because it was a very impressive performance. He was probably motm away at Aberdeen and had a very good game v Hamilton also.

The issue here isn't about how good a player he is, it's the unnecessary hard time he gets. He was one of our best performers until his injury. After that he came in as a sub v Hibs where he was fine and v Livi where the ball completely by passed the midfield. That followed by a bad game against an absolutely incredible Celtic where he was playing off the striker which I'm sure he would admit isn't his strong point. Since then then some people won't get off his back.

Yesterday he rarely put a foot wrong, for me and others the best performer on the pitch, yet he's getting abuse for no reason. He's a link up player who is in the side to find the forward players by finding them with short passes, he did that perfectly. I genuinely think people can't get his price tag out of their head and want him to be an all round midfielder who does the defensive work, the attacking work, scores goals etc but that's not the player he is and that's not the role that he plays. A very good player, who does have the odd mistake in him, who deserves to be given the same chance as every other member of the squad.

He would be a big miss, it's been clear this season that one of our squads main strengths is having depth in the centre midfield position. I would be surprised if we could bring in another midfield option in budget.

He most certainly wasn't the best performer on the pitch yesterday maybe if  Wilson & Power were not in our team he may have been in the top three!

Just now, Bbk said:

He most certainly wasn't the best performer on the pitch yesterday maybe if  Wilson & Power were not in our team he may have been in the top three!

I've already outlined why I felt he was. I agree Wilson was clearly the best player on the park second half, ropey first. Tish for me just outperformed both, who were very good, over the 90 minutes. 

10 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Too many looked less than interested today. JJ, Tisbola Kiltie, Boydie and others seemed to be going through the motions to me. By contrast Burke and Wilson were giving 100%.

Just my impression.

You look to be less than interested as a supporter. To lay criticism like that at guys like Kiltie is disgraceful. But then notice you are always one of the first on here with a moan about players after a win

53 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Bang on the money. 

54 minutes ago, Fletch said:

yet he's getting abuse for no reason

Not really for no reason, it's because people think he's a passenger. It only seems no reason as it's a different opinion from yourself. I want to like him, I really do but I've been saying 'theres a player in there somewhere' for too long now

I don't really know what kind of midfielder he is and he's played what, 40ish games?

8 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

Not really for no reason, it's because people think he's a passenger. It only seems no reason as it's a different opinion from yourself. I want to like him, I really do but I've been saying 'theres a player in there somewhere' for too long now

I don't really know what kind of midfielder he is and he's played what, 40ish games?

As I said, I would be massively surprised if anyone completed more passes than Tshibola yesterday. If that's what constitutes a passenger to you then I'll take a midfield full of them.

Edited by Fletch

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I don’t think he gets a harder time than other players. I think he gets a harder time because his performances aren’t good enough. 

He isn’t even the first choice of a manager who so obviously thinks so highly of him. I think that says a lot. 

6 minutes ago, historyman said:

I don’t think he gets a harder time than other players. I think he gets a harder time because his performances aren’t good enough. 

He isn’t even the first choice of a manager who so obviously thinks so highly of him. I think that says a lot. 

Not really, it only shows that we've had 2 tremendous centre midfielders who have made it difficult to get back into the side. The way good competitive squads should be.

Think his running style makes im look slow or lazy, but his passing quality is good, made at least 3 great passes to get Wilson in on the wing, won 3 challenges in seconds, 2 of which he is on the floor, if Power does that the crowd is on their feet, good player and i hope we get him permenant.