Iain Wilson

Scouser2

SC said after the game 

"Iain Wilson’s going to be a big player for this club. He’s not had too many chances to play. Looking at possibility of letting him go out on loan - most likely in Championship.”

strange if if he does go out on loan, given squad depth and probability of future suspensions or injuries ....unless there is few signings coming in 

1 hour ago, piffer said:

I think we’d have been better served sending out Wilson and Kiltie on loan in the first half of the season and having them with games and hopefully form under their belts now. Obviously the fact we did our deals late in the last window will have put some restriction on that. 

Wilson is one to nurture. A loan to a top championship club would assist his development. Kiltie on the otherhand is nosediving towards the lower leagues. Shame.

1 hour ago, Harrogate Peter said:

excels at right back today when I don't think he's played there before

have you heard of Lee Clark?

SC seems to rate these youngsters but take a very patient approach in playing them. Probably better than the previous Muppets who used them as plan B when they realised there own signings were s**te and they eneded dropping levels

6 hours ago, cammy2012 said:

Kiltie hasnt played first team football for ages so judging  him on his performance today, which wasnt bad btw, is harsh. Wilson did well. Looks good going forward. Keep both for 2nd half of the season.

As posted as part of another thread, SC answers why we haven't seen much of Kiltie this season......

"I spoke with Greg in the summer about the fact that I feel he’s been mismanaged because he’s always been forced to come back too quickly after injuries.

"We spoke about having a prolonged period out of the team where he would just work day-to-day and he’s been doing that fantastically.

Edited by C4mmy31

14 hours ago, GingerAndy96 said:

I felt Wilson did well enough today to perhaps become number 2 choice ahead of Millen at RB. 

Against inferior opposition right enough so hard to judge. Seemed a solid back up. 

Surprised SSC wants to loan him out. 

I still have high hopes for Kiltie, big 6 months coming up for him in his career whether it’s here or on loan.  All nostalgia aside I really hope it works for him as it will be another player developed by our club plus he seems like a decent bloke (nostalgia again) 

Doubt if Wilson will get much game time if any .Dicker and Power are the main midfielders and Tish is the back up .Truth be told if he wants games he will need to move on .Kiltie has a chance now that Stewart is gone and Jones won't be here next season but if rumours are to believed and we are looking to bring in a replacement for Stewart.It will be back to fleeting appearances off the bench for him also 

There is no doubt for me that Wilson would be ahead of Millen as cover for SOD. I would surprised if he went out of loan given the level of versatility he can provide as cover. 

As for Kiltie there is no doubt that he was our top prospect but missing so much of his development through injury has hampered him greatly. I thought he really tried hard to impress yesterday but on that showing I wouldn’t play him in a league game. 

I think it would be best for him to go out on loan, drop a league, play regular first team football and see if he can regain his confidence because as things stand I can’t see him being part of SSC’s plans for the rest of this season.