Rangers game

Guest Killjam

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We said exactly the same.

Ndjoli might be rough round the edges but he has more of an end product than Jones has ever had.

Very much agree don't think Jones has the level of maturity to realise he still plays for us given his recent posts!! Best to sit him in the stand because if he misses a sitter or has a real off night or hams it up for his 'Sevco' fan club it will be the end of him whereas against other teams in the League we may still get a few performances out of him to keep our challenge going. Would risk Dom Thomas, who's an unknown quantity to Sevco, alongside Ndjoli and Brophy. 

1 minute ago, Guff92 said:

The love in for McKenzie is embarassing. 

Aye, he can run. What else?

Passing atrocious, when playing wide he doesn’t link up well with the full backs, shooting mediocre. 

Sounds a talent. 

Would much rather Thomas was given the chance.

Yet Steve Clarke keeps picking him, often in bigger games. Obviously knows nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

The love in for McKenzie is embarassing. 

Aye, he can run. What else?

Passing atrocious, when playing wide he doesn’t link up well with the full backs, shooting mediocre. 

Sounds a talent. 

Would much rather Thomas was given the chance.

What is your rationale behind selecting Thomas, who hasn’t kicked a ball for us, ahead of McKenzie who several managers, including Steve Clarke, clearly rate?

10 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

What is your rationale behind selecting Thomas, who hasn’t kicked a ball for us, ahead of McKenzie who several managers, including Steve Clarke, clearly rate?

Thomas is a more direct player, with good pace and has a blistering shot on him especially with the Stewart and JJ situation.... Needs a big game to prove to himself and the management that he has what it takes has shown ability in previous games. 

Obviously taking a chance as he was out on loan to a lower league club for a confidence boost which appears to have worked as SC had him on the bench on Saturday and being an unknown quantity could maybe tip the scale in our favour.

17 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

McKenzie has had plenty of opportunity to impress. Tell me what his main attributes are without mentioning the fact he can run for 90 minutes. 

That highly rated he was released then re-signed. When he had left I don’t remember much fuss being made. 

13 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

That highly rated he was released then re-signed.

How does that work? If he's released, he's released.

Are you talking about 2016 when Clark had his massive cull? McKenzie was offered a new contract but might have delayed signing it because of interest from St Johnstone, at least.

He signed it pretty quickly though, at the end of June. 

I don't remember him ever having been released.

Jones either plays or isn't in the squad. Knowing Clarke he will probably play. If we don't get anyone in they will need some creativity or "fear factor" he is probably that to folk who don't watch him every week and double up on him. 

We now have them essentially in the cup and probably 2-3 times in the league before end of season. 

I can see Clarke playing him and telling him in no uncertain terms if he's fannying about he's off. Don't like the idea of him being on bench. Best way to shut him and the travelling orks up is to get them beaten on the pitch. Tensions running high but we have no pressure it's all on them. 35k plus for Defoe is more than our weekly squad wage. 

Looking forward to us coming under radar and giving them a doing.

29 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

McKenzie has had plenty of opportunity to impress. Tell me what his main attributes are without mentioning the fact he can run for 90 minutes. 

That highly rated he was released then re-signed. When he had left I don’t remember much fuss being made. 

He was released? I don't remember that ever happening.

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Frank Beattie Stand only got limited tickets left, hopefully a sign that Moffat Stand season ticket holders are turning up in numbers and not huns in our end.

I heard from a currant that they have the section next to the Chadwick in the West, if true it is shocking, and quite frankly potential for bother given that they will rip the piss about Jones, they were in there at the Cup replay a few years ago, surely not>:(