Gers Match Fred

C4mmy31

30 minutes ago, Killiekranky said:

No one needs to be apologising, what was done was done, leave it in the past where it belongs.

Player showed he will be playing,

supporters showed they will be supporting. 

His performance last night was like signing a new player to the end of the season.

Let’s look forward not backwards and get on with the league challenge.

Amen

I don't think anyone is suggesting that apologies should be made to Jones for the reaction to tweet.

However, there were people on here who questioned what his commitment to the team would be, and given that he put that straight last night, my reading is that is what any calls for apologies are driven by.

Personally, it is a moot point as I don't think Jones is looking for or expecting any apology and everyone just needs to move on and keep enjoying what we are seeing.

It's magnificent, simply magnificent, and this period in time will be one of the highlight periods for all of us in years to come and I'm quite sure that the whole Jones saga will be a footnote to it.

2 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

Masterclass in management from SSC. 

Compare that with the naivety of Gerrard.

Talking about the pitch before the game is getting excuses in early and putting worries and doubts in the heads of his own players. 

9 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

Talking about the pitch before the game is getting excuses in early and putting worries and doubts in the heads of his own players. 

Didn't motherwell do that when it first went down? Their manager got them so het up about it, they ended up being p**hier than usual

If anyone is writing a book on successful man management in football, they can just use the example of Steve Clarke's handling of the Jones saga over the past week.

I will admit I wasn't sure when he said the 'if you boo him you boo me' thing, but delighted to be wrong once again. I have decided to stop questioning anything the man does and just enjoy what we have.

I am truly grateful to be alive to witness a truly historic period in our club's long history. Long may it continue

4 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

think that usually turgid Radio Clyde call in show tonight will be even more neanderthal than usual -----

Some absolute gold on Superscoreboard tonight. Billy fae Erskine who was so raging at the way Jones celebrated he couldnae go to his work today. xD  Billy reckons Jordan must actually be a Celtic fan.

13 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Some absolute gold on Superscoreboard tonight. Billy fae Erskine who was so raging at the way Jones celebrated he couldnae go to his work today. xD  Billy reckons Jordan must actually be a Celtic fan.

Is it just me or are their fans even more deluded this season than usual? 2012 seriously rattled them

7 hours ago, 18yardhero said:

I think you are missing your own point. It is about respect and he showed us none, not even after he scored. You're defeating your own argument here.

We didn't give abuse, we gave our opinion that he was being disrespectful and didn't boo him because the manager asked us not to.

He went out and did the job he's paid to do but we're meant to sing his praises for not f**king is over again? There is nothing mature about him, then or now.

The only point I am conceding is that he went out and did his best, I'm giving him that, hopefully that will continue because that's his job.

I did enjoy it, I would let is be, its the fannies now on demanding apologies who wouldn't and I'm just replying to them. As far as I'm concerned we're back to square one, Jones gets the same treatment as every other player, no more or no less. Soft soaping the truth only makes the whole situation less palatable.

If he kicks on for us now and starts to perform the way we all deep down know he is capable and if that means our great club wins the majority of the remaining games and if we eventually manage to get one or maybe two pieces of silverware then he can leave for his pastures new and the majority of us won't give a castlemaine xxxx about all this let's hope it comes to pass!!

1 hour ago, bute-killiefan said:

Is it just me or are their fans even more deluded this season than usual? 2012 seriously rattled them

Yes I think they could be worse than ever. There is also an aggression from them that certainly wasn't present during their cheating years. I suspect the false hope that they might actually be able to win the league makes defeat harder for them to take. Things are certainly not helped by their horrible arrogant manager. I notice it took all of 90 seconds last night before they spouted their bigoted filth. What really should be done in such cases is what they do in Italy. When offensive chants are heard they announce over the tannoy to stop such chants or the game will be suspended and the offending team will lose the points. Now that would be funny?Of course we all know it would not be funny at all as there would be major public disorder which is one reason it wont happen.The other is,of course, that the SFA & SPFL have no backbone and pander to both the culprits.

Edited by Graeme S
Additional info

2 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

Yes they're deluded big style. Yes they're still obnoxious bigots. Detest everything about that club and their followers. The best thing about last night. I was there in the 70s when the bottles rained down after 20 mins when they hadnt scored and invariably we lost. But last night. Dominated by the mighty Killie on and off the field. WATP Class!

You did see the missiles flying in on Brophy after he scored the equaliser?Didn't see it at the time but from video looks like a pie and perhaps a cup/bottle of juice?Probably not gonna harm a "wolf" but still disgusting though not surprising.

45 minutes ago, Graeme S said:

You did see the missiles flying in on Brophy after he scored the equaliser?Didn't see it at the time but from video looks like a pie and perhaps a cup/bottle of juice?Probably not gonna harm a "wolf" but still disgusting though not surprising.

Didnt see that. Total cnuts.

2 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Those stats are something else. In twelve Old Firm games, Clarke has managed FIVE wins, five draws, only two defeats, scoring thirteen and conceding fourteen. I assume that includes the striping at Celtic Park before Christmas too. 

20 points from 12 Old Firm games.

I'd be surprised if JJ (and I'm an admirer of his) managed anything close to that points total in ten years in charge. 

10 hours ago, Prahakillie said:

When he took the job and a journalist aksed how he would cope with not being in the Scottish game for 30 years he said:

"last time I looked the ball is still round and the pitch is still a rectangle." 

Im sure Alex Dyre and maybe his wife are the only ones that hear his concerns and worries. The players are left totally focused in the job at hand. 

Gerrard on the other hand....... 

10 hours ago, Killiekranky said:

8228_ba6c96.jpg

Ungratefull supporters of "the rangers" hurl a cup of Bovril and a small spitting child onto the pitch as Brophy informs them who the scorer is.

The same "scorer information" service was not required for the second goal as they knew who that was. :D

8 hours ago, cammy_boy said:

When he took the job and a journalist aksed how he would cope with not being in the Scottish game for 30 years he said:

"last time I looked the ball is still round and the pitch is still a rectangle." 

Im sure Alex Dyre and maybe his wife are the only ones that hear his concerns and worries. The players are left totally focused in the job at hand. 

Gerrard on the other hand....... 

What's it got to do with Alex Dyer's wife?