Scottish Cup v Sevco (Sat 9 Feb | 17.15 k/o | TV)

johnnyham

9 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

The "Panic" button has been pressed again. Happens every time we have an all-ticket game, only a few days to go and "apparently" we have only sold X number of tickets. Going back to the Ayr League Cup game we won 1-0, "apparently" we had only sold a derisory number of tickets a few days before the game and we should be totally ashamed, beat ourselves up, and not be worthy of calling ourselves Kilmarnock supporters. As it turned out there was a good home support at that Ayr game, but we had to beat ourselves up over something so not sitting in your ticketed seat was the next gripe. There may or may not be a good home support on Saturday but this continual negativity despite our best league form in years doesn't help. 

A good point to be fair. I remember that Ayr game and a steward outside the ground telling me on way in Killie had sold less than 5000 which turned out to be utter pish.

Hopefully the figures being reported are nonsense and the team get the kind of support they deserve on Saturday

Edited by killie89

16 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

The "Panic" button has been pressed again. Happens every time we have an all-ticket game, only a few days to go and "apparently" we have only sold X number of tickets. Going back to the Ayr League Cup game we won 1-0, "apparently" we had only sold a derisory number of tickets a few days before the game and we should be totally ashamed, beat ourselves up, and not be worthy of calling ourselves Kilmarnock supporters. As it turned out there was a good home support at that Ayr game, but we had to beat ourselves up over something so not sitting in your ticketed seat was the next gripe. There may or may not be a good home support on Saturday but this continual negativity despite our best league form in years doesn't help. 

Exactly this, the amount of times people talk nonsense about tickets on this site is unreal. I doubt anyone on here knows the real figure of tickets sold.

But hey at least it's slightly better than the usual "Hearing from Rangers fans at my work that they have bought thousands of tickets for the home end".   

33 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Exactly this, the amount of times people talk nonsense about tickets on this site is unreal. I doubt anyone on here knows the real figure of tickets sold.

But hey at least it's slightly better than the usual "Hearing from Rangers fans at my work that they have bought thousands of tickets for the home end".   

Did they all fill in a form think there taking the mickey mate. 

3 hours ago, Fudger said:

I reckon our support will certainly be down on Saturday but still think there will be a late 'scramble' on Friday and Saturday. Most folk I know won't buy until Friday afternoon or even on the day of the game. 

I stay in Ayr & me & my boy will be up early Saturday afternoon to buy a couple of tickets. 

6 hours ago, Eggy said:

Look around every ground on cup day and home crowds are typically halved. West Brom last night- attendance 8,645. We cant have our cake and eat it. 

That match was live on BBC1 and they only got that many by dropping prices to £15/ 10/ 5.

We are charging normal OF league prices for a match which is live on TV, albeit not free to air. 

I’m sure if the prices had been reduced there would have been a larger crowd but the clubs in their wisdom decided otherwise.  

14 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

Even when they’ve still to win it?

You would think that the Scottish cup represents for them and also us of our only chance of winning some silverware this season as none of us ( unfortunately in our case) is going to finish above ceptic to win the league that is the reality for both our clubs!

He is certainly their biggest goal threat although we kept him really quiet just two weeks ago. Don't think they will go 4-4-2 this time, more likely 4-5-1 with Defoe. Need to win the midfield battle, a Power-Dicker-Mulumbu combo in there please.

Probably will be around 3,000 home fans...at the end of the day those who are there are there, those who aren't aren't. Only thing that matters is the result. Very little between the teams, though on paper, I reckon we are a better side. SC will have a plan, and if we are on top form, we will win.

If there is only around 3000 Killie supporters there tomorrow evening that will be a major disappointment to the management players staff and those of us who do bother to turn up. Never have and never will understand the mindset that stops Killie supporters turning out for these games especially given how we have been more than competing against both the Bigot Brothers recently. Yes it's a bit more expensive than usual yes the morons will be singing silly songs yes we will be outnumbered but it's not that scary really, please get there if you can we are not guaranteed to win but you will feel much better with yourself if you get there and support your Club.

1 minute ago, Gaffer said:

If there is only around 3000 Killie supporters there tomorrow evening that will be a major disappointment to the management players staff and those of us who do bother to turn up. Never have and never will understand the mindset that stops Killie supporters turning out for these games especially given how we have been more than competing against both the Bigot Brothers recently. Yes it's a bit more expensive than usual yes the morons will be singing silly songs yes we will be outnumbered but it's not that scary really, please get there if you can we are not guaranteed to win but you will feel much better with yourself if you get there and support your Club.

Well said. If people CAN go, it would be good to think they will.

This team busts a gut against the old firm and really deserve as big a support as possible.

I’ve changed my opinion on these games completely. Yes the songs are a misery but the team needs us. In the summer, when we speak to O’Donnell and maybe others, games like this could have an impact.