Lee Clark - chancer

skygod

11 hours ago, skygod said:

He came from Newcastle.

None of the Clark's signings came from non-league....they just went there.

was he no with south shields or something? remarkable what the memory will do to you. the fact remains josh webb, cobain etc. were all brought up here because LC thought it was a diddy league and anyone down here would be better than the likes of Mark O Hara etc. how wrong he was!

Yes he signed some number of duffers and at times speaks a load of nonsense but I think he is being done a bit of a disservice here.

probably the best manager of the four around him and once he realised he had got it wrong with most of the signings the team were actually doing ok.

as for the interview yes he talks himself up a little but I wouldn’t say it’s over the top and if he wants the job you can hardly blame him for putting a positive spin on things. That said has any manager who gives an interview like this ever ended up with the job? It’s more about getting his name back into the public domain I think

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Big_Killie_Willie said:

Did a decent job at the time tbh. Gotta lot of respect for Lee and his love for our club.

What 'love' for our club? He couldn't wait to leave, for the football mecca of Bury of all places, and rumoured to coincide with a clause reducing the compensation we would receive. 

He wasn't the worst manager we ever had but he was a snake oil salesman of the highest degree - some people appear to still be chewing on the bullcrap he fed them.

• 1 month later...

"I still have huge ambition to one day manage at the highest level in England, which is obviously the Premier League.

I feel that the fresh challenge of managing a club in England's League One could provide me with the platform to build towards this goal."

How's that going, Lee?